Preliminary – Paper I General Studies and Engineering Aptitude
The standard of paper in General Studies and Engineering Aptitude (Preliminary Stage‐I Examination) will be such as may be expected of an Engineering/Science Graduate. The standard of papers in other subjects will approximately be that of an Engineering Degree Examination of an Indian University. There will be no practical examination in any of the subjects.
General Studies and Engineering Aptitude (Preliminary Examination/Stage‐I, Paper I, Objective type, Common to all Candidates)
1. Current issues of national and international importance relating to social, economic and industrial development
2.Engineering Aptitude covering Logical reasoning and Analytical ability
3. Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis
4.General Principles of Design, Drawing, Importance of Safety
5. Standards and Quality practices in production, construction,maintenance and services
6. Basics of Energy and Environment: Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation,Climate Change, Environmental impact assessment
7. Basics of Project Management
8. Basics of Material Science and Engineering
9. Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) based tools and their applications in Engineering such as networking, e‐governance and technology based education.
10. Ethics and values in Engineering profession.
Note: The paper in General Studies and Engineering Aptitude will include Knowledge of relevant topics as may be expected from an engineering graduate, without special study. Questions from all the 10 topics mentioned above shall be set. Marks for each Topic may range from 5% to 15% of the total marks in the paper.
Paper‐I (General Studies and Engineering Aptitude) – 200 Marks – 2 Hours-Paper‐II-300 Marks – 3 Hours
Stage I Preliminary Exam-Stage II Main Exam-Stage III-Personality Test
Download e-Admit card e-Admit Card can be downloaded from the UPSC website https://upsconline.nic.in before three weeks of the commencement of the examination. Emgineering Service e-Admit card can be downloaded from the above mentioned…
Engineering Service Exam Fee – Rs. 200/-
Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates are exempted from paying the exam fee.
Age Limits-Relaxation-Educational Qualification-Physical Standard
Applicants should note that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the centres except Chennai, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur.
The total vacancy in UPSC Engineering Service – 215-Civil Engineering-Mechanical Engineering-Electrical Engineering-Electronics
Engineering Service Exam Date – 18th July, 2021
Articles permitted inside Examination Hall-Tables to be supplied by UPSC-Mobile Phones not Permitted
Online Applications can be filled up to 27th April, 2021-Withdrawal of Application till 10th May, 2021