Syllabus – Mains /
(Answers must be written in Nepali)
1. History of the origin and development of Nepali as one of the new Indo Aryan Languages.
2. Fundamentals of Nepali Grammar and phonology :
(i) Nominal forms and categories :— Gender, Number, Case, Adjectives, Pronouns, Avyayas
(ii) Verbal forms and categories :— Tense, Aspects, Voice, Roots and Fixes
(iii) Nepali Swara and Vyanjana;
3. Major Dialects of Nepali
4. Standardisation and Modernisation of Nepali with special reference to language movements (viz. Halanta Bahiskar, Jharrovad etc.)
5. Teaching of Nepali language in India—Its history and development with special reference to its socio-cultural aspects.
1. History of Nepali literature with special reference to its development in India.
2. Fundamental concepts and theories of Literature : Kavya/Sahitya, Kavya Prayojan, Literary genres, Shabda Shakti, Rasa, Alankara, Tragedy, Comedy, Aesthetics, Stylistics.
3. Major literary trends and movements—Swachchhandatavad, Yatharthavad, Astitwavad, Ayamik Movement Contemporary Nepali writings, Postmodernism.
4. Nepali folklores (the following folk-form only)—Sawai, Jhyaurey, Selo, Sangini, Lahari.
(Answers must be written in Nepali)
This paper will require first hand reading of the texts prescribed below and questions will be designed to test the candidate’s critical acumen
- Santa Jnandil Das : Udaya Lahari
- Lekhnath Poudyal : Tarun Tapasi(Vishrams III, V, VI, XII, XV, XVIII only)
- Agam Sing Giri : Jaleko Pratibimba Royeko Pratidhwani (The following Poems only-Prasawako Chichyahatsanga Byunjheko Ek Raat, Chhorolai, Jaleko Pratibimba : Royeko Pratidhwani, Hamro Akashmani Pani Hunchha Ujyalo, Tihar)
- Haribhakta Katuwal : Yo Zinadagi Khai Ke Zindagi : (The following poems only-Jeevan : Ek Dristi, Yo Zindagi Khai Ke Zindagi, Akashka Tara Ke Tara, Hamilai Nirdho Nasamjha, Khai Manyata Yahan Atmahutiko Balidan Ko).
- Balkrishna Sama : Prahlad
- Manbahadur Mukhia : Andhyaroma Banchneharu (The following One-Act only-Andhyaroma Banchneharu’ ‘Suskera’)
- Indra Sundas : Sahara
- Lilbahadur Chhetri : Brahmaputra ko Chheuchhau
- Rupnarayan Sinha : Katha Navaratna (The following stories only—Biteka Kura, Jimmewari Kasko, Dhanamatiko Cinema—Swapna, Vidhwasta Jeevan)
- Indrabahadur Rai : Vipana Katipaya (The following stories only—Raatbhari Huri Chalyo, Jayamaya Aphumatra Lekhapani Aipugi, Bhagi, Ghosh Babu, Chhutuaiyo).
- Sanu Lama : Katha Sampaad (The following stories only—Swasni Manchhey, Khani Tarma Ekdin, Phurbale Gaun Chhadyo, Asinapo Manchhey)
- Laxmi Prasad : Laxmi Nibandha DevkotaSangraha (The following essays only—Sri Ganeshaya Namha, Nepali Sahityako Itihasma Sarvashrestha Purus, Kalpana, Kala Ra Jeevan, Gadha Buddhiman ki Guru?)
- Ramkrishna Sharma : Das Gorkha (The following essays only—Kavi, Samaj Ra Sahitya, Sahityama Sapekshata, Sahityik Ruchiko Praudhata, Nepali Sahityako Pragati).
UPSC IAS IPS Interview Venue – Office of the Union Public Service Commission at Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110069
Download e-Admit card-Civil Service IAS/IPS Preliminary and Main exam e-Admit card can be downloaded from the website
Candidates must write the papers in their own hand-Mobile Phones Banned-Communication to the Commission
Civil Service IAS/IPS Preliminary exam Fee is Rs.100/-
Civil Service IAS/IPS Main Exam Fee is Rs.200/-
Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages-Preliminary-Main-Interview
Paper I General Studies ( Compulsory ) – 100 Questions
Objective Type – multiple choice questions – 200 Marks ( 2 Hours duration )
Civil Service Vacancies for the year 2021 is expected to be 712-Posts included in Civil Service Exam
Optional Subject Papers I & II-Agriculture-Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science-Anthropology-Botany-Chemistry-Civil Engineering
Preliminary Examination-Paper I-Current events-History of India-INM-Geography-Polity-Economic and Social Development-Environmental ecology-General Science-Paper II-CSAT
Nationality-Age Limits-Minimum Educational Qualification-Number of attempts-Restricted Candidates-
Indian Civil Service Preliminary Exam Date – 27th June, 2021 rescheduled to 10th October, 2021
Online Application can be filled from 4th March, 2021 to 24th March, 2021