Central Armed Police Forces (ACs)
Physical and Medical Standards
Central Armed Police Force Assistant Commandants – Physical and Medical Standards Required
The minimum requirements for the candidate are as follows:
|Height||165 cm||157 cm|
with Minimum 5 cm
|Weight||50 Kg||46 Kg|
Moreover, the weight should be as per the height and age
(a) Eye Sight:
|Near Vision||N6 (corrected)||N9 (corrected)|
|Distant vision||6/6 OR 6/9||6/12 OR 6/9|
|With Glasses/LASIK Surgery*|
|Limits of Refractive
|-4.00 D (including cylinder) Myopia
+4.00 D (including cylinder) Hypermetropia
|Colour Perception-III (CP-III) by ISIHARA plates.|
* LASIK surgery correction is permitted subject to prescribed criteria as below :-
a) Age – 18-35 years
b) Axial-length – 21-26 mm.
c) Corneal-thickness 425 micron
d) Pre LASIK error – 6 D
e) Post operative Period – Should be stable refractive flap
f) Interval – 06 months (post operative period mandatory
(Candidate must have completed 06 months after LASIK surgery while considering for recruitment in CAPFs).
(b) Carrying angle:
Carrying angle should not be more than 15˚ for male and 20˚ for female.
i) Candidate should not have any degree of deafness or persistent ear discharge.
ii) Candidate should not have any other condition (congenital or acquired) like atresia of the meatus,
exostosis, neoplasm which is causing obstruction of ear passage and should not have history of
recurrent earache, tinnitus and vertigo.
(d) Nose: Candidates should not have DNS, atrophic rhinitis, tubercular ulceration, chronic sinusitis.
(e) Neck: Candidate should not have enlarged lymph nodes, thyroid or other swelling of neck, inability
to extend the neck fully or any evidence of disease of spine or cervical vertebrae.
(f) Teeth: Candidate must possess sufficient number of sound teeth for efficient mastication. Candidate
should not have severe pyorrhea.
(g) Venereal Disease: Candidate should not have active signs of clinical VD.
(h) Chronic skin diseases: Candidate should not have chronic skin diseases like Leprosy, chronic dermatitis, extensive Pityriasis Versicolor, psoriasis, SLE etc.
(3) General Standards:
- Speech should be without impediment i.e. no stammering.
- The candidate should not have any indication of chronic disease like TB, any type of arthritis, high blood
pressure, Diabetes, Bronchial Asthma, any heart disease.
- Candidate should not have perceptible and visible glandular swelling anywhere in the body.
- Chest should be well formed, devoid of any abnormality like flat chest, Pigeon chest, with rickety rosary
efects. Heart and lungs should be sond.
- Limbs, hands and feet should be well formed and fully developed and there shall be perfect motion of all
- Should not have any old/mal united fracture of bones.
- There should be free and perfect movements of all the joints.
- Feet and toes should be well formed
- Should not have congenital malformation or defects. (Candidate must have completed 06 months after LASIK surgery while considering for recruitment in CAPFs).
- Should not bear traces of previous acute or chronic disease pointing to an impaired constitution.
- Candidate should have no disease of the genito urinary tract.
- Candidate should have no inguinal, scrotal swelling, any type of Hernia.
- (Only for male) Both the testicles are in the scrotum and of normal size.
- The candidate must not have knock knees, flat foot, varicose veins.
- They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with
the efficient performance of the duties.
(4) Candidate should not suffer from TACHYCARDIA (more than 100 pulse rate per minute) or BRADYCARDIA
(Less than 50 per minute).
(5) Candidate should not suffer from Hernia, hemorrhoids, condylomata prolapse rectum.
(6) Tattoo Clause:
(a) Content : Being a secular country, the religious sentiments of our countrymen are to be respected and
thus, tattoos depicting religious symbol or figures and the name, as followed in Indian Army are to be
(b) Location : Tattoos marked on traditional sites of the body like inner aspect of forearm but only left
forearm, being non saluting limb or dorsum of the hands are to be allowed.
(c) Size : Size must be less than ¼ of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body.
Male Average Body Weights in Kilograms for Different Age Groups and Heights
|Height in CMs||Age in years|
Female Average body Weights in Kilograms for Different Age Groups – Heights
|Height in CMs||Age in years|
- The body weights are given in this chart corresponding to only certain heights (in cms). In respect of height in between, the principle of ‘Average’ may be utilized for calculating body weights.
- For calculating average weight beyond the heights tabulated, 0.71 Kg for every one cm of increase or decrease in height may be added or subtracted respectively.
Instruction for Filling OMR Sheet-Mobile Phone Banned-Articles permitted/not Permitted inside Examination Hall
General Mental Ability-General Science-Current Events of National-Indian Polity-History of India-Indian and World Geography
Download e-Admit card-No Admit Card will be sent by post
Paper I – General Ability and Intelligence 250 Marks-Paper II : General Studies, Essay and Comprehension – 200 Marks-Interview/Personality Test – 150 Marks-Negative Marks-One third (0.33) of the marks
Written Examination-Physical Standards-Interview/Personality Test-Final Selection / Merit
Total CAPF AC Vacancy – 159-Border Security Force (BSF) – 35 Vacancies-Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) – 36 Vacancies
Nationality Only Indians are Eligible for CAPF AC Candidates of Nepal and Bhutan Nationality can also apply for CAPF Other Country Nationality are eligible with the consent of the Central…
Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination Fee – Rs 200/-Female/SC/ST Candidates are exempted from paying the Exam fee.
Applicants should note that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the Centres, except Chennai, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur.
Central Armed Police Forces (AC) Online Application last date – 5th May, 2021-Withdraw of Online Application-18th May, 2021
Central Armed Police Forces (ACs) Exam Date – 8th August, 2021