Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination – SCRA 2015 Exam Date
|UPSC SCRA 2015 Exam Date : 18.01.2015|
|UPSC SCRA 2015 Application Issue Date : 11.10.2014|
|UPSC SCRA 2015 Application Last Date : 07.11.2014|
- SCRA examination 2015 for selection of candidates for appointment as Special Class Railway Apprentices in Mechanical Department of Indian Railways will be held by the Union Public Service Commission on 18.01.2015 in accordance with the rules published by the Ministry of Railways ( Railway Board ) in the Gazette of India dated the 11.10.2014.
- The approximate number of UPSC SCRA Job Vacancies, to be filled on the results of the SCRA examination 2015 is 42.
Note : Two vacancies in SCRA 2015 are reserved for physically challenged candidates belonging to Orthopaedically Handicapped having functional classifications OA or OL. The number of SCRA vacancies 2015 mentioned above is liable to alteration. Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Physically Disabled categories ( Locomotor Disability ) in respect of vacancies in SCRA as may be fixed by the Government.
No post has been identified to be filled through SCRA examination in the Hearing impaired & Visually impaired categories.
A candidate will be eligible to get the benefit of community reservation only in case the particular caste to which the candidates belongs is included in the list of reserved communities issued by the Central Government. If a candidate indicates in his / her application form for SCRA Examination that he / she belongs to General Category but subsequently writes to the Union Public Service Commission to change his / her category, to a reserved one, such request shall not be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission.
While the above principle will be followed in general there may be a few cases where there was a little gap ( say 2 – 3 months ) between the issuance of a Government Notification enlisting a particular community in the list of any of the reserved communities and the date of submission of the SCRA 2015 Online application by the candidate. In such cases the request of change of community from general to reserved may be considered by the Union Public Service Commission on merit. The closing date fixed for the receipt of the application for SCRA Exam 2015 will be treated as the date for determining the OBC status ( including that of creamy layer ) of the candidates.
Important Notes of SCRA Online Exam 2015 :
- Candidates to Ensure their Eligibility for the SCRA 2015 Examination :
The candidates applying for the SCRA examination 2015 should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to SCRA 2015 examination. Their SCRA admission 2015 at all the stages of the SCRA examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed SCRA Exam eligibility 2015 conditions. Mere issue of SCRA admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Union Public Service Commission. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for SCRA interview / Personality Test.
- SCRA Exam Online Application Form 2015 :
Candidates are required to apply Online application form for Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination SCRA 2015 by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Brief instructions for filling up the Online Application Form for SCRA 2015 have been given in the Appendix II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
- SCRA Last Date for Submission of SCRA Applications 2015 : The SCRA Exam 2015 Online Application Form can be filled upto 07.11.2014 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the SCRA examination. The e-Admission Certificate will be made available on the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for being downloaded by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post.
All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail i.d., while filling up Online application form for SCRA Exam as the Union Public Service Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
- Penalty for Wrong Answers : Candidates should note that there will be penalty ( Negative Marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
- For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet [ Answer Sheet ], candidates must use black ball pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use pencil or ink pen. Candidates should note that any omission / mistake / discrepancy in encoding / filling of details in the OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection.
Candidates are further advised to read carefully the “Special Instructions” contained in Appendix – III of the notice.
- Facilitation Counter for Guidance of Candidates : In case of any guidance / information / clarification regarding their SCRA application form status 2015, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near Gate “C” of its campus in person or over Telephone No : 011-23385271 / 011-23381125 / 011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs to 17.00 hrs.
- Mobile Phone Banned :
- Mobile phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the SCRA examination 2015 is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future SCRA examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned item including mobile phones / pagers or any valuable / costly items to the venue of the examination as arrangement for safe keeping cannot be assured. Union Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
Candidates are required to apply Online only. No other mode is allowed for submission of application.