Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination – SCRA 2016 Exam Date
|UPSC SCRA 2016 Exam Date : 10.01.2016|
|UPSC SCRA 2016 Online Application Issue Date : 03.10.2015|
|UPSC SCRA 2016 Online Application Last Date : 30.10.2015|
- SCRA examination 2016 for selection of candidates for appointment as Special Class Railway Apprentices in Mechanical Department of Indian Railways will be held by the Union Public Service Commission on 10.01.2016 in accordance with the rules published by the Ministry of Railways ( Railway Board ) in the Gazette of India dated the 03.10.2015.
- The approximate number of UPSC SCRA Job Vacancies, to be filled on the basis of results of the SCRA examination 2016 is ___.
Note : One vacancies in SCRA 2016 are reserved for physically challenged candidates belonging to Orthopaedically Handicapped having functional classifications OA or OL. The number of UPSC SCRA vacancies 2016 mentioned above is liable to alteration. Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Physically Disabled categories ( Locomotor Disability ) in respect of vacancies in SCRA as may be fixed by the Government.
A candidate will be eligible to get the benefit of community reservation only in case the particular caste to which the candidates belongs is included in the list of reserved communities issued by the Central Government. If a candidate indicates in his / her application form for UPSC SCRA Examination that he / she belongs to General Category but subsequently writes to the Union Public Service Commission to change his / her category, to a reserved one, such request shall not be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission.
While the above principle will be followed in general there may be a few cases where there was a little gap ( say 2 – 3 months ) between the issuance of a Government Notification enlisting a particular community in the list of any of the reserved communities and the date of submission of the UPSC SCRA 2016 Online application by the candidate. In such cases the request of change of community from general to reserved may be considered by the Union Public Service Commission on merit.
Candidates seeking reservation / relaxation benefits available for SC / ST / OBC / Ex-servicemen must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation / relaxation as per eligibility prescribed in the Rules / Notice. They should also be in possession of all the requisite certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim as stipulated in the Rules / Notice for such benefits, and these certificates should be dated earlier than the due date ( closing date ) for the UPSC SCRA Online application 2016.
Important Notes for UPSC SCRA Exam 2016 :
- Candidates to ensure their Eligibility for the SCRA 2016 Examination : The candidates applying for the SCRA examination 2016 should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to SCRA 2016 examination. Their UPSC SCRA admission 2016 at all the stages of the SCRA examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed SCRA Exam eligibility 2016 conditions. Mere issue of SCRA admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Union Public Service Commission. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for UPSC SCRA Interview / Personality Test.
- UPSC SCRA Exam Online Application Form 2016 : Candidates are required to apply Online for Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination SCRA 2016 by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Brief instructions for filling up the Online Application Form for SCRA 2016 have been given in the Appendix II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
- Last Date for Submission of UPSC SCRA Exam Online Applications 2016 : The SCRA Exam 2016 Online Application Form can be filled upto 30.10.2015 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the SCRA examination. The UPSC SCRA e-Admission Certificate will be made available on the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for being downloaded by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post.
All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail i.d., while filling up Online application form for SCRA Exam as the Union Public Service Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
- Penalty for Wrong Answers : Candidates should note that there will be penalty ( Negative Marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
- For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet [ Answer Sheet ], candidates must use black ball pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or ink pen. Candidates should note that any omission / mistake / discrepancy in encoding / filling of details in the OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection. Candidates are further advised to read carefully the “Special Instructions” contained in Appendix – III of the notice.
- Facilitation Counter for Guidance of Candidates : In case of any guidance / information / clarification regarding their SCRA application form status 2016, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near Gate “C” of its campus in person or over Telephone No : 011-23385271 / 011-23381125 / 011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs to 17.00 hrs.
- Mobile Phone Banned :
- Mobile phones, pagers blue tooth or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the SCRA examination 2016 is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future SCRA examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned item including mobile phones / pagers or any valuable / costly items to the venue of the examination as arrangement for safe keeping cannot be assured. Union Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
Candidates are required to apply SCRA Online only. No other mode is allowed for submission of UPSC SCRA application.