Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination – SCRA 2015 Exam Educational Qualifications
For admission to the SCRA examination a candidate :
- Must have passed in the first or second division, the intermediate or an equivalent examination of a University or Board approved by the Government of India with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the Special Class Railway Apprentices SCRA examination. Graduates with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as their degree subjects may also apply, or
- Must have passed in the first or second division, the Higher Secondary ( 12 years ) Examination under 10 plus 2 pattern of School Education with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the SCRA examination, or
- Must have passed the first year Examination under the three year degree course of a university or the first examination of the three year diploma course in Rural Service of the National Council for Rural Higher Education or the third year Examination for promotion to the 4th year of the four year B.A. / B.Sc. ( Evening College ) Course of the Madras University with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the Special Class Railway Apprentices examination provided that before joining the degree / diploma course he / she passed the Higher Secondary examination or the Pre-University or equivalent examination in the first or second division.
Candidates who have passed the first / second year examination under the three-years degree course in the first or second division with Mathematics and either Physics or Chemistry as subjects of the Examination may also apply; provided the first / second year examination is conducted by a University; or
- Must have passed in the first or second division the Pre-Engineering Examination of a University, approved by the Government of India; or
- Must have passed in the first or second division the Pre-Professional / Pre-Technological Examination of any Indian University or a recognised Board, with Mathematics and at least, one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the SCRA examination conducted one year after the Higher Secondary or Pre-University stage; or
- Must have passed the first year examination under the five year Engineering Degree Course of a University; Provided that before joining the Degree Course, he / she passed the Higher Secondary Examination or pre-University or equivalent Examination in the first or second division.
Candidates who have passed the first year Examination of the five-year Engineering Degree Course in the first or second division may also apply provided the first year Examination is conducted by a University; or
- Must have passed in the first or second division the Pre-Degree Examination of the University of Kerala and Calicut with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the Examination.
Candidates who are not awarded any specific division by the University / Board either in the intermediate or any other examination mentioned above will be considered educationally eligible provided their aggregate of marks falls within the range of marks for first or second division as prescribed by the University / Board concerned.
Note II : Candidates who have appeared at an examination for Special Class Railway Apprentice, the passing of which would render them eligible to appear at the SCRA examination 2015 but have not been informed of the results, may apply for admission to the SCRA 2015 examination. Candidates who intend to appear at such a qualifying examination may also apply.
Such candidates will be admitted to the SCRA examination 2015, if otherwise eligible but their SCRA admission would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation, if they do not produce proof of having passed the requisite qualifying examination along with the detailed Special Class Railway Apprentices application forms 2015 which will be required to be submitted by the candidates who qualify on the results of the written part of the SCRA examination 2015.
Note III : In exceptional cases, the Union Public Service Commission may treat a candidate who has not any of the SCRA Exam 2015 qualifications prescribed in this rule as educationally qualified provided that he / she possesses SCRA qualifications the standard of which in the opinion of the Union Public Service Commission, justifies his / her admission to the SCRA 2015 examination.
Note IV : Diplomas in Engineering awarded by the State Boards of Technical Education are not acceptable for SCRA admission to the Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination.
(IV) SCRA Exam 2015 Physical Standards : Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Special Class Railway Apprentices’ Examination 2015 as per Regulations given in Appendix-II of the rules for the Special Class Railway Apprentices’ Examination 2015 published in Gazette of India dated 11.10.2014.
Conditions of Apprenticeship for Special Class Apprentices Selected through the UPSC SCRA 2015 Examination
The terms and conditions of Apprenticeship will be as set out in the form of agreement prescribed in the Indian Railway Establishment Manual, brief particulars of which are given below :
1. A candidate offered appointment as a Special Class Railway Apprentice shall execute an agreement in the prescribed form binding himself / herself and one surely jointly and severally, to refund, in the event of his / her falling to complete training as a Special Class Railway Apprentices or to accept the service as an officer on probation in the Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers, if offered to him / her to the satisfaction of the Government, any money paid to him / her and any other money expended by Government on him / her, the Government being exclusive judge of the quantum of such expense.
The SCRA apprentices will be liable to undergo practical and theoretical training for 4 years in the first instance under an indenture binding them, to serve on the Indian Railways on the completion of their training, if their services are required. The continuance of apprenticeship from year to year will depend on satisfactory reports being received from the authorities under whom the apprentices may be working. If any at time during his / her apprenticeship; any apprentice does not satisfy the superior authorities that he / she is making good progress, he / she will be liable to be discharged from the apprenticeship.
Note : The Government of India may at their discretion alter or modify the periods and coursed of training.
2. The practical and theoretical training referred to above will be given in a Railway Workshop for four years of their apprenticeship. Special Class Railway Apprentice must pass within this period the Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering from Birla Institute of Technology, Meera ( Ranchi ). The apprentices will be granted a stipend of 9100/- per month during the 1st and 2nd years and 9400/- per month during the 3rd year and first six months of 4th year and 9700/- for last six months of 4th year during the apprenticeship, the candidates will be required to undergo both the theoretical and practical training. There will be in all Eight Semester Examinations passing each of which is compulsory. If unsuccessful at any of these examination, they will be depending on their performance, be asked to sit for and pass in supplementary examination or reverted to the next lower batch or removed from apprenticeship.
Note : Except as provided for in paragraph 4 below or in cases of discharge or dismissal due to insubordination, intemperance or other misconduct or breach of agreement a week’s notice of discharge from apprenticeship will be given.
3. After the completion of 4th year of training referred to in paragraph 2 above, the apprentices will be listed in order of merit on the results of the SCRA examination held and the reports of the apprentices received during the period of apprenticeship. Successful apprentices will be appointed on probation for 18 months in the Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers.
Note : An apprentice for SCRA will be considered to have obtained the qualifying standard if he / she obtains a minimum of 40 percent marks in the aggregate in all the examinations held during the Eight Semester Examination of his / her training and 60 percent marks in the reports of the Director Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, Jamalpur and of the Civil Works Manager. Jamalpur Workship provided that in each of the Eight Semester Examination he / she has obtained a minimum of 40 percent marks in the aggregate and minimum of 40 percent marks in all the subjects.
4. Unsuccessful SCRA apprentices will be discharged from their apprenticeship, one month’s notice of discharge being given along with the intimation that the apprentice has been unsuccessful.
5. After successful completion of 4 years apprenticeship, the apprentices will be appointed as probationers in the Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers subject to the proviso given below in Para 6. Particulars as to pay and general conditions of service of officers of Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers have been in Appendix-V of the Rules published in Gazette of India.
6. The period of probation will be 18 months. The appointment and pay as probationers will commence from (a) the date of completion of 4 years of the apprenticeship or
(b) the actual date of completion of training whichever is later.
Provided however, that those Special Class Apprentices who could not pass Bachelor of Engineering from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra ( Ranch ) within 4 years of their apprenticeship will be deemed to have been appointed as probationers only from the date when they pass in full in all the Eight Semester.
Note : (i) The retention in service of probationers and their grant of annual increments are subject to satisfactory reports on their work being received at the end of each year of probation.
(ii) The services of probationer may be terminated on three months notice on either side.
Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination – SCRA 2015 Exam Educational Qualification
Related Keywords for Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination – SCRA 2015 Exam Educational Qualification : Educational Qualification for SCRA Exam 2015, SCRA Exam UPSC 2015, SCRA Exam Educational Qualification Code 2015, Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination – SCRA 2015 Exam Educational Qualification, SCRA Exam 2015 Date, Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination 2015, SCRA Exam Physical Standards 2015, SCRA Exam 2015 Qualification, SCRA 2015 Vacancies, Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination SCRA 2015, Vacancies in SCRA 2015, Physical Standards for SCRA Exam 2015, UPSC SCRA Exam 2015, SCRA Exam Date 2015, UPSC SCRA Notification 2015, Recruitment in SCRA 2015, Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination SCRA Exam 2015, SCRA Exam 2015 Railway, Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination 2015 UPSC, SCRA Exam Notification 2015, SCRA Qualification 2015, Qualification for SCRA 2015, SCRA UPSC 2015, SCRA Jobs 2015,