The Union Public Service Commission shall prepare a list of candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as fixed by the Commission at their discretion. Such candidates shall appear before a Services Selection Board for Intelligence and Personality Test where candidates for the Army/Navy wings of the NDA and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme of Indian Naval Academy will be assessed on Officers Potentiality and those for the Air Force in addition to the above will have to qualify Computerised Pilot Selection System ( CPSS ). Candidates with Air Force as one of the choice would also undergo CPSS if they qualify SSB and are willing.
Two Stage Selection Procedure in NDA Exam II 2018
Two-stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test has been introduced at Selection Centres / Air Force Selection Boards / Naval Selection Boards. All the candidates will be put to stage-one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres / Air Force Selection Boards / Naval Selection Boards. Only those candidates who qualify at stage one will be admitted to the second stage / remaining tests. Those candidates who qualify stage II will be required to submit the Original Certificates along with one photocopy each of :
- Original Matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth,
- Original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification.
Candidates who appear before the Services Selection Board and undergo the test there, will do so at their own risk and will not be entitled to claim any compensation or other relief from Government in respect of any injury which they may sustain in the course of or as a result of any of the tests given to them at the Services Selection Board whether due to the negligence of any person or otherwise. Parents or guardians of the candidates will be required to sign a certificate to this effect.
To be acceptable, candidates for the Army / Navy / Naval Academy and Air Force should secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in
- Written examination as fixed by the Commission at their discretion and
- Officer Potentiality Test as fixed by the Services Selection Board at their discretion. Over and above candidates for the Air Force, and all the SSB qualified candidates as per their willingness, eligibility and preference for Air Force, should separately qualify the CPSS. Subject to these conditions the qualified candidates will then be placed in a single combined list on the basis of total marks secured by them in the Written Examination and the Services Selection Board Tests. The final allocation / selection for admission to the Army, Navy, Air Force of the National Defence Academy and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme of Indian Naval Academy will be made upto the number of vacancies available subject to eligibility, medical fitness and merit-cum-preference of the candidates. The candidates who are eligible to be admitted to multiple Services / Courses will be considered for allocation/selection with reference to their order or preferences and in the event of their final allocation / selection to one Service / Course, they will not be considered for admission to other remaining Services / Courses
- Candidates who have been given the Computerised Pilot Selection System ( CPSS ) for any previous N.D.A. course should submit their application for this examination for the Air Force Wing only if they have been notified as having qualified in CPSS.
- The form and manner of communication of the result of the examination to individual candidates shall be decided by the Commission at their discretion and the Commission will not enter into correspondence with them regarding the result.
- Success in the examination confers no right of admission to the Academy. A candidate must satisfy the appointing authority that he is suitable in all respects for admission to the Academy.
Disqualification for Admission to the NDA II 2018 Training Course
Candidates who were admitted to an earlier course at the National Defence Academy, or to the 10 + 2 Cadet Entry Scheme of Indian Naval Academy but were removed therefrom for lack of officer-like qualities or on disciplinary grounds will not be admitted to the Academy
Candidates who were previously withdrawn from the National Defence Academy or Indian Naval Academy on medical grounds or left the above Academy voluntarily are however, eligible for admission to the Academy provided they satisfy the medical and other prescribed conditions.
The details regarding
- The scheme and syllabus of the examination,
- Guidelines for filling up the online Application Form
- Special Instructions to candidates for objective type tests,
- Physical standards for admission to the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy and
- Brief particulars of the service etc., for candidates joining the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy respectively.