National Defence Academy Examination (I) – NDA & NA Exam I 2014 Date – Also visit for UPSC NDA II 2013 Exam Details : UPSC NDA Exam II 2013
Online Application Issue Date for NDA I 2014 Exam : 21.12.2013
Last Date for Submission of NDA I 2014 Online Application : 20.01.2014
Exam Date for NDA Exam I 2014 : 20.04.2014.
An Examination for National Defence Academy I 2014 will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 20th April, 2014 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 133rd Course and for the 95th Indian Naval Academy Course ( INAC ) commencing from 02.01.2015.
The candidates joining Indian Naval Academy would undergo 4 years B. Tech Course and would be given an opportunity to join Executive and Technical Branches of the Navy subject to availability of vacancies in National Defence Academy.
The approximate number of vacancies in NDA Exam I 2014 to be filled on the results of National Defence Academy examination 1 2014 will be as under :
National Defence Academy : 300 ( 195 for Army, 39 for Navy and 66 for Air Force ).
Naval Academy (10 +2 Cadet Entry Scheme ) : 55.
Total : 355.
UPSC NDA 1 vacancies 2014 are provisional and may be changed depending on the availability of training capacity of National Defence Academy.
- A candidate is required to specify clearly in the Online application form for UPSC NDA 1 Exam 2014 the services for which he wishes to be considered in the order of his preference [ 1 to 4 ]. He is also advised to indicate as many preferences as he wishes to opt so that having regard to his rank in the order of merit due consideration can be given to his preferences when making appointments.
- Candidates should note that they will be considered for appointment to those services only for which they express their preferences and for no other service(s). No request for addition / alteration in the preferences already indicated by a candidate in his National Defence Academy I 2014 application will be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission.
- Admission to the above courses will be made on the results of the UPSC NDA 1 written examination 2014 to be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission followed by intelligence and personality test by the Services Selection Board of candidates who qualify in the UPSC National Defence Academy I 2014 written examination.
- Candidates to ensure their eligibility for the examination : The candidates applying for the examination for UPSC NDA I Exam 2014 should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility condition for admission to NDA I 2014 examination. Their admission to all the stages of the National Defence Academy I 2014 examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Union Public Service Commission. Verification of eligibility conditions for NDA Exams I 2014 with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for UPSC NDA I 2014 interview / Personality Test.
- Application Form for UPSC NDA Exam I 2014 : Candidates are required to apply UPSC NDA I Online 2014 by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Brief instruction for filling up the Online application for UPSC NDA Entrance Exam I 2014 application form have been given in the appendix – II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
- Last Date for Receipt of UPSC NDA Exam I 2014 Applications : The Online applications for UPSC NDA I Exam 2014 can be filled upto 20th January 2014 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admission Certificate will be made available on the UPSC website ( www.upsc.gov.in ) for being downloaded by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail i.d. while filling up Online application form as the Union Public Service Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
- Penalty for Wrong Answers : Candidates should note that there will be penalty ( Negative Marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
- For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet ( Answer Sheet ), candidates must be black ball pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or Ink pen. Candidates should note that any omission / mistake / discrepancy in encoding / filling of details in the OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to roll number and test booklet series code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection. Candidates are further advised to read carefully the “Special Instructions” contained in appendix III of the notice.
- Facilitation Counter for Guidance of Candidates : In case of any guidance / information / clarification regarding their UPSC NDA Exam I applications 2014, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near Gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011 – 23385271 / 011 – 23381125 / 011 – 23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
- Mobile Phones Banned :
- Mobile phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the UPSC NDA I examination 2014 is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future UPSC National Defence Academy I 2014 examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not be bring any of the banned items including mobile phones / pagers to the venue of the UPSC NDA I 2014 examination, as arrangement for safekeeping cannot be assured. Union Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
- Candidates are required to apply online only. No other mode is allowed for submission of application.