National Defence Academy Examination (I) – NDA & NA Exam I 2017 Date – Also visit for UPSC NDA II 2017 Exam Details : UPSC NDA Exam II 2016
|UPSC NDA & NA I Written Exam Date : 23rd April, 2017|
An Examination for National Defence Academy I 2017 will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 23rd April, 2017, for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 137th Course and for the 99th Indian Naval Academy Course ( INAC ) commencing from 18.01.2017.
The candidates joining Indian Naval Academy would undergo 4 years B.Tech Course and would be given an opportunity to join Executive and Technical Branches of the Navy subject to availability of vacancies in National Defence Academy.
The approximate number of NDA Exam I 2017 vacancies to be filled on the results of National Defence Academy examination 1 2017 will be as under :
|NDA & NA Academy||NDA No. of Vacancies|
|National Defence Academy||320 ( 208 for Army, 42 for Navy and 70 for Air Force ).|
|Naval Academy ( 10 +2 Cadet Entry Scheme )||55|
UPSC NDA 1 vacancies 2017 are provisional and may be changed depending on the availability of training capacity of National Defence Academy and Indian Naval Academy.
- A candidate is required to specify clearly in the Online application form for UPSC NDA 1 Exam 2017 the services for which he wishes to be considered in the order of his preference [1 to 4]. He is also advised to indicate as many preferences as he wishes to opt so that having regard to his rank in the order of merit due consideration can be given to his preferences when making appointments.
- Candidates should note that they will be considered for appointment to those services only for which they express their preferences and for no other service(s). No request for addition / alteration in the preferences already indicated by a candidate in his National Defence Academy I 2017 application will be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission.
- Admission to the above courses will be made on the results of the UPSC NDA 1 written examination 2017 to be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission followed by intelligence and personality test by the Services Selection Board, of candidates who qualify in the UPSC National Defence Academy I 2017 written examination.
Important Instructions for NDA Exam 2017 :
- Candidates to Ensure their Eligibility for the NDA & NA I Examination 2017 : The candidates applying for the UPSC NDA I Exam 2017 examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to NDA I 2017 examination. Their admission at all the stages of the National Defence Academy I 2017 examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared by the Union Public Service Commission. Verification of eligibility conditions for NDA Exams I 2017 with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for UPSC NDA I 2017 interview / Personality Test.
- Online Application Form for UPSC NDA Examination I 2017 : Candidates are required to apply NDA & NA I Exam 2017 Online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Brief instructions for filling up the Online application form for UPSC NDA Entrance Exam I 2017 have been given in the Appendix – II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
- Last Date for Submission of UPSC NDA Exam I 2017 Online Applications : The Online applications for UPSC NDA I Exam 2017 can be filled upto 10th February, 2017 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the NDA & NA examination. The UPSC NDA 1 Exam e-Admit Card 2017 will be made available on the UPSC website ( www.upsc.gov.in ) for being downloaded by candidates. No Admit Card will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail i.d. while filling up Online application form as the Union Public Service Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
- Penalty for Wrong Answers : Candidates should note that there will be penalty ( Negative Marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
- For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet ( Answer Sheet ), candidates must use black ball pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or Ink pen. Candidates should note that any omission / mistake / discrepancy in encoding / filling of details in the OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection. Candidates are further advised to read carefully the “Special Instructions” contained in Appendix III of the Notice.
- Facilitation Counter for Guidance of Candidates : In case of any guidance / information / clarification regarding their UPSC NDA Exam I applications 2017, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near Gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011 – 23385271 / 011 – 23381125 / 011 – 23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
- Mobile Phones Banned :
- Mobile phones, pagers / bluetooth or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the UPSC NDA I examination 2017 is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future UPSC National Defence Academy I 2017 examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones / pagers / bluetooth or any valuable / costly items to the venue of the UPSC NDA I 2017 examination as arrangement for safekeeping cannot be assured. Union Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
- Candidates are required to apply Online for NDA & NA Exams 2017 at www.upsconline.nic.in only. No other mode is allowed for submission of application.