National Defence Academy Examination (I) – NDA Exam Eligibility 2013
- Nationality : A candidate must either be :
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status : Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1995 and not later than 1st July, 1997 are eligible. The date of birth accepted by the Union Public Service Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificates. These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written part of the NDA Entrance examination. No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted. The expression Matriculation / Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.
Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation / Higher Secondary Examination Certificate available or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of NDA 1 Exam applications 2013 will be accepted by the Union Public Service Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.Note 2 : Candidates should also note that once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Union Public Service Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently or at any subsequent NDA examination on any ground whatsoever.
Note 3 :
The candidates should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in the respective column of the NDA I Entrance Exam 2013 application form Online for the National Defence Academy 1 2013 Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their Matriculation or equivalent Examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Union Public Service Commission under the rules.
Note 4 :
Candidates must undertake not to marry until they complete their full NDA 1 2013 training. A candidate who marries subsequent to the Date of his application for NDA Exam I 2013 though successful at this or any subsequent examination will not be selected for NDA 1 2013 training. A candidate who marries during National Defence Academy I 2013 training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the Government.
- National Defence Academy NDA & NA Exam (I) 2013 Educational Qualifications :
- For Army wing of National Defence Academy : 12th class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10 +2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy : 12th Class pass of the 10 +2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University. Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10 +2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for National Defence Academy 1 2013 examination. Such Candidates who qualify the NDA I 2013 Exam SSB Interview but could not produce Matriculation / 10 +2 or equivalent certificates in original at the time of NDA SSB interview should forward duly attested photocopies thereof to the following address and Addl Directorate General of Recruiting,
West Block – III,
New Delhi – 110 066.
For Naval Academy Candidates to the following address by 5th December, 2013 failing which their candidature will be cancelled.Naval Headquarters,
DMPR ( OI & R ) Section,
Room No 204, ‘C’ Wing,
New Delhi – 110 011.
All other candidates who have produced their matriculation and 10 +2 pass or equivalent certificates in original at the time of attending the SSB interview and have got the same verified by the SSB authorities are not required to submit the same to Army Hq Or Naval HQ as the case may be. Certificates in original issued by the Principals of the institutions are also acceptable in cases where Boards / Universities have not yet issued certificates. Certified true copies / Photostat copies of such certificates will not be accepted. In exceptional cases the Union Public Service Commission may treat a candidate, who does not possess any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule as educationally qualified provided that he possesses qualifications, the standard of which in the opinion of the Union Public Service Commission, justifies his admission to the UPSC NDA I 2013 examination.
Note 1 : Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for National Defence Academy examination.
Note 2 : Those candidates who have yet to qualify in the 12th class or equivalent examination and are allowed to appear in the UPSC Examination should note that this is only a special concession given to them. They are required to submit proof of passing the 12th class or equivalent examination by the prescribed date ( i.e. 5th December, 2013 ) and no request for extending this date will be entertained on the grounds of late conduct of Board / University Examination, delay in declaration of NDA 1 2013 Exam results or any other ground whatsoever.
Note 3 : Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible for admission to the NDA 1 2013 examination and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.
Note 4 : Those candidates who have failed INSB / PABT earlier are not eligible for Air force.
- Physical Standards : Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I), 2013 as per guidelines given in appendix – IV.
- A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the NDA training academies of Armed forces is not eligible to apply.