Indian Police Service Examination 2012 Eligibility
- The candidates, who fulfill the following eligibility conditions would be eligible for IPS Examination 2012 :
- must be a citizen of India or he / she must belong to such category of persons as may be, from time to time, be notified in this behalf by the Central Government.
- have completed 05 years of continuous and actual service as Deputy Superintendent of Police in States under State Police Service or Assistant Commandants in Central Para Military Forces ( Central Reserve Police Service, Border Security Force, Indo Tibet Border Police, Central Industrial Security Force and Sashastra Seema Bal ) or Officers of the Rank of Captain or Major or equivalent in the Armed Forces.
- should have an unblemished service record.
- A candidate must not have attained the age of 35 years on the 1st August, 2012 i.e. he / she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1977. However, the upper age limit for Indian Police Service Exam prescribed above will be relaxable upto a maximum of 01 year for Other Backward Classes category candidates and 02 years for candidates belonging to a Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe.
The date of birth accepted by the Union Public Service Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate. No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted. The expression Matriculation / Higher Secondary Examination certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.
Note-I : Candidates should note that the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation / Secondary Examination certificate or an equivalent certificate will only be accepted by Union Public Service Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Note-II : Candidates should also note that once a date of birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Union Public Service Commission for the purpose of admission to an examination for IPS, no change will be allowed subsequently ( or at any other examination of the Union Public Service Commission ) on any grounds whatsoever. Save as provided above the IPS Exam age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
- Every candidates appearing at the examination for Indian Police Service 2012 who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted two attempts at IPS 2012 examination which may be further relaxed by one additional attempt in case of SC, ST and OBC candidates.