Indian Forest Services Preliminary Exam Date 2017
1. Union Public Service Commission will hold a Screening Test for selection to Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, 2017 through Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, which will be held on 18th June, 2017, in accordance with the Rules published by the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change in the Gazette of India dated the 22nd February, 2017.
2. The number of IFS vacancies to be filled on the results of the examination is expected to be approximately 110.
The number of vacancies is liable to alteration. Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Physically Handicapped Categories in respect of vacancies as may be fixed by the Government.
As per the information received from the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change, 1 vacancy has been kept reserved for Low Vision category and 2 vacancies have been kept reserved Hearing Impaired category. However the vacancies indicated are liable to further alteration.
A candidate will be eligible to get the benefit of community reservation only in case the particular caste to which the candidates belong is included in the list of reserved communities issued by the Central Government. If a candidate indicates in his/her Application Form for Indian Forest Service Examination that he/she belongs to General Category but subsequently writes to the Commission to change his/her category, to a reserved one, such request shall not be entertained by the Commission. Similar principle will be followed for physically disabled category also.
While the above principle will be followed in general, there may be a few cases where there was a little gap (say 2-3 months) between the issuance of a Government Notification enlisting a particular community in the list of any of the reserved communities and the date of submission of the application by the candidate. In such cases the request of change of community from General to Reserved may be considered by the Commission on merit. In case of a candidate unfortunately becoming physically disabled during the course of the examination process, the candidate should produce valid documents showing him/her acquiring a disability to the extent of 40% or more as defined under the PwD Act, 1995 to enable him to get the benefits of PH reservation provided he/she otherwise remains eligible for Indian Forest Service as per Rule 19 of Indian Forest Service Examination.
Candidates seeking reservation / relaxation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/PH/ Exservicemen must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation/relaxation as per eligibility prescribed in the Rules/Notice. They should also be in possession of all the requisite certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim as stipulated in the Rules / Notice for such benefits, and these certificates should be dated earlier than the due date (closing date) of the application for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination.
Important Notes for IFS Exam 2017 :
- Candidates applying for Indian Forest Service Examination should note that they are required to appear in the Civil Service ( Preliminary ) Examination and qualify the same for going to the second stage of Indian Forest Service ( Main ) Examination ( Written and Interview ).
- Candidates desirous of applying for Indian Forest Service Examination as well as for the Civil Services Examination can apply through a common Online Application Form subject to meeting the requisite eligibility criteria by them.
- Candidates to Ensure their Eligibility for the Indian Forest Services Examination 2017 :
Candidates applying for the Indian Forest Services Examination 2017 should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to IFS 2017 Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the Indian Forest Service examination 2017 will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Union Public Service Commission. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for IFS interview / Personality Test.
- IFS Exam 2017 Online Application Form : Candidates are required to apply for IFS Exam Online only by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
- Last Date of Submission of IFS Exam 2017 Applications : IFS Exam Online applications can be filled upto 17th March, 2017 till 18.00 Hours, after which the link will be disabled.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the IFS 2017 examination. The IFS e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website [ www.upsc.gov.in ] for downloading by candidates. No Indian Forest Service Exam 2017 Admission Certificate will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid active E-Mail I.D. while filling up Online Application Form for IFS Exam 2017 as the Union Public Service Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them at different stages of IFS examination process.
- Penalty for Wrong Answers : Candidates should note that there will be penalty ( Negative Marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
- For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet [ Answer Sheet ], candidates must use black ball pen only. Pens with any others colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or Ink pen. Candidates are further advised to read carefully the “Special Instructions”.
- Facilitation Counter for Guidance of Candidates : In case of any guidance / information / clarification regarding their IFS Exam applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near ‘C’ gate of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011 – 23385271 / 011 – 23381125 / 011 – 23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs to 17.00 hrs.
- Mobile Phone Banned :
- Mobile phones, bluetooth or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the Indian Forest Service examination 2017 is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future UPSC IFS examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned item including mobile phones / bluetooth or any valuable / costly items to the venue of the IFS 2017 examination, as arrangement for safe-keeping can not be assured. Union Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.Candidates are required to apply IFS Exam Online only. No other mode is allowed for submission of IFS Exam 2017 application.