UPSC Indian Forest Service Examination – UPSC IFS Exam Date 2014
The Union Public Service Commission will hold a Screening Test for selection to Indian Forest Service ( Main ) Examination, 2014 through Civil Service ( Preliminary ) Examination, 2014 which will be held on 24th August, 2014 in accordance with the rules published by the Ministry of Environment and Forests in the Gazette of India dated the 17th of May 2014.
2. The number of IFS vacancies 2014 to be filled on the results of the IFS Examination is expected to be approximately 85. The number of IFS vacancies 2014 is liable to alteration.
Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes and Physically Handicapped categories in respect of vacancies in IFS 2014 as may be fixed by the Government.
As per the information received from the Ministry of Environment Forest, 1 vacancy each has been kept reserved by them for Partially Blind and Hearing Impaired categories. However the vacancies indicated are liable to further alteration.
A candidate will be eligible to get the benefit of community reservation only in case the particular caste to which the candidates belongs is included in the list of reserved communities issued by the Central Government. If a candidate indicates in his / her Application Form for Indian Forest Service Examination 2014 that he / she belongs to General Category but subsequently writes to the Union Public Service Commission to change his / her category, to a reserved one, such request shall not be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission. Similar principle will be followed for physically disabled category also.
While the above principle will be followed in general, there may be a few cases where there was a little gap ( say 2 – 3 months ) between the issuance of a Government Notification enlisting a particular community in the list of any of the reserved communities and the date of submission of the IFS Exam 2014 application by the candidate. In such cases the request of change of community from general to reserved may be considered by the Union Public Service Commission on merit. In case of a candidates unfortunately becoming physically disabled during the course of the examination, the candidate should produce valid documents to enable the Union Public Service Commission to take a decision in the matter on merit. The closing date fixed for the receipt of the application for IFS 2014 Exam will be treated as the date for determining the OBC status ( including that of creamy layer ) of the candidates.
Important notes for IFS Exam 2014 :
- Candidates should note that the Government has changed the pattern of Indian Forests Services Examination from the current year by introducing a component of screening mechanism through Civil Services ( Preliminary ) Examination. All the candidates applying for Indian Forests Service Examination are therefore required to appear in the Civil Services ( Preliminary ) Examination and qualify the same for going to the second stage of Indian Forests Services Main Examination ( Written and Interview ).
- Candidates desirous of applying for Indian Forest Service Examination as well as for the Civil Services Examination can apply through a common Online Application Form subject to meeting the requisite eligibility criteria by them.
- Candidates to ensure their eligibility for the Indian Forest Services Examination 2014 :
The candidates applying for the Indian Forest Services Examination 2014 should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to IFS 2014 Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the Indian Forest Service examination 2014 will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Union Public Service Commission. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for IFS interview / Personality Test.
- IFS Exam 2014 Online Application Form : Candidates are required to apply IFS Exam online only, by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the Online application form for IFS Exam 2014 have been given in appendix – II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
- Last Date of Submission of IFS Exam 2014 Applications : IFS Exam Online applications can be filled upto 16th June, 2014 till 11.59 PM, after which the link will be disabled.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the IFS 2013 examination. The IFS e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by candidates. No Indian Forest Service Exam 2013 Admission Certificate will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid active E-Mail I.D. while filling up Online Application Form for IFS Exam 2013 as the Union Public Service Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them at different stages of IFS examination process.
- Penalty for Wrong Answers : Candidates should note that there will be penalty ( Negative Marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
- For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet [ Answer Sheet ], candidates must use black ball pen only. Pens with any others colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or Ink pen. Candidates are further advised to read carefully the “Special Instructions” contained in Appendix III ).
- Facilitation Counter for Guidance of Candidates : In case of any guidance / information / clarification regarding their IFS Exam applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near ‘C’ gate of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011 – 23385271 / 011 – 23381125 / 011 – 23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs to 17.00 hrs.
- Mobile Phone Banned :
- Mobile phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the Indian Forest Service examination 2014 is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future UPSC IFS examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned item including mobile phones / pagers or any valuable / costly items to the venue of the IFS 2014 examination, as arrangement for safekeeping can not be assured. Union Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard. Candidates are required to apply online only. No other mode is allowed for submission of IFS Exam 2014 application.