Indian Forest Service Examination – IFS Exam 2016 Online Application Form
|Online Application Issue Date for UPSC IFS Exam : 27.04.2016|
|Last Date for Applying UPSC IFS Exam : 27.05.2016|
- Candidates are required to apply Online for IFS Exam 2016 by using the link http://www.upsconline.nic.in for Civil Services ( Preliminary ) Examination which will act as a screening mechanism for selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service ( Main ) Examination. Candidates who wish to apply for Civil Services Examination also, [ subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions ] have to apply once by appropriately indicating in the online application form that they intend to appear for both the Indian Forest Service Examination and the Civil Services Examination. Candidates, who will qualify for the Indian Forest Service ( Main ) Examination, will have to fill in a Detailed Application Form subsequently as per further instructions to be provided to the candidates through the website ( http://www.upsconline.nic.in ) of the Union Public Service Commission.
The applicants are advised to submit only single IFS application, however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he / she submits another / multiple applications, then he / she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID ( Registration ID ) shall be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- All candidates, whether already in Government Service, or in Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment should submit their Indian Forest Service Exam applications direct to the Union Public Service Commission. Persons already in Government service, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under Public Enterprises are however, required to inform their Head of Office / Department that they have applied for the Indian Forest Service Examination.
Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Union Public Service Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for / appearing at the examination, their Indian Forest Service applications will be liable to be rejected / candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
Note I : While filling in his / her IFS Exam 2015 Application Form, the candidate should carefully decide about his / her choice for the centre and optional subjects for the Indian Forest Service ( Main ) examination. More than one Application Form from a candidates giving Different Centers and / or optional subjects will not be accepted in any case. Even If a candidate sends more than one completed application, the Union Public Service Commission will accept only one application at their discretion and the Union Public Service Commission’s decision in the matter shall be final. If any candidate appears at a centre / optional subjects other than those indicated by the Union Public Service Commission in his / her Admission Certificate, the papers of such a candidate will not be valued and his / her candidature will be liable to cancellation.
Note II :
Providing scribe to a Low Vision candidate or allowing him / her to bring his / her own scribe, suitable provisions have been made in the online application programme to get the information at the time of the initial online application itself.
Note III : Candidates appearing in CS(P) Examination, 2016 will be required to indicate information such as (a) detail of centres for Civil Services ( Main ) Examination and Indian Forest Service ( Main ) Examination (b) Optional subject to be selected for both examinations, (c) medium of examination for Civil Services ( Main ) Examination and (d) compulsory Indian language for Civil Services ( Main ) Examination at the time of the filling up online application itself, in-case he / she is applying for both the Civil Services Examination and the Indian Forest Service Examination or else requisite examination specific information, as the case may be.
Note IV : Candidates are not required to submit along with their applications any certificate in support of their claims regarding Age, Educational Qualifications, Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Classes and Physically disabled etc. which will be verified at the time of the Main examination only. The candidates applying for the IFS examination 2016 should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Indian Forest Service examination. Their admission at all the stages of IFS examination for which they are admitted by the Union Public Service Commission viz. Preliminary Examination, Main ( Written ) examination and Interview Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the IFS Preliminary Examination, Main ( written ) examination and Interview Test, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the IFS 2016 examination will be cancelled by the Union Public Service Commission.
If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Union Public Service Commission in terms of Rule 12 of the Rules for the Indian Forest Service Examination, 2016 reproduced below :
A candidate who is or has been declared by the Union Public Service Commission to be guilty of :
- Obtaining support for his / her candidature by the following means, namely :
- Offering illegal gratification to, or
- Applying pressure on, or
- Blackmailing, or threatening to blackmail any person connected with the conduct of the IFS examination, or
- Impersonating, or
- Procuring impersonation by any person, or
- Submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with, or
- Making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information, or
- Resorting to the following means in connection with his / her candidature for the IFS examination, namely
- Obtaining copy of question paper through improper means,
- Finding out the particulars of the persons connected with secret work relating to the IFS examination.
- Influencing the examiners, or
- Using unfair means during the IFS examination, or
- writing obscene matter or drawing obscene sketches in the scripts, or
- Misbehaving in the examination hall including tearing of the scripts, provoking fellow examinees to boycott examination, creating a disorderly scene and the like, or
- Harassing or doing bodily harm to the staff employed by the Union Public Service Commission for the conduct of their examinations, or
- Being in possession of or using mobile phone, pager / bluetooth or any electronic equipment or device or any other equipment capable of being used as a communication device during the IFS examination; or
- Violating any of the instructions issued to candidates along with their admission certificates permitting them to take the IFS examination, or
- Attempting to commit or as the case may be abetting the Union Public Service Commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses; may in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be liable.
- To be disqualified by the Union Public Service Commission from the examination for which he / she is a candidate and / or
- To be debarred either permanently or for a specified period
- By the Union Public Service Commission from any examination or selection held by them;
- By the Central Government from any employment under them; and
- service under Government to if he / she is already in disciplinary action under the appropriate rules. Provided that no penalty under this rules shall be imposed except after.
- Giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation, in writing as he / she may wish to make in that behalf; and
- Taking the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate within the period allowed to him / her into consideration.