Indian Forest Service Examination 2013 – IFS 2013 Application Last Date
Last Date for Submission of Indian Forest Service Exam 2013 Applications :
The IFS Exam 2013 Online applications can be filled upto 04th April, 2013 till 11.59 PM after which the link is disabled.
Correspondence with the Union Public Service Commission :
The Union Public Service Commission will not enter into any correspondence with the candidates about their candidature except in the following cases :
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate for IFS Exam 2013 about three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The IFS Exam 2013 e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by candidates. No Indian Forest Service Exam 2013 Admission Certificate will be sent by post. If a candidate does not receive his / her e-Admission Certificate for IFS Exam or any other communication regarding his / her candidature for the IFS examination 3 weeks before the commencement of the IFS 2013 examination, he / she should at once contact the Union Public Service Commission. Information in this regard can also be obtained from the facilitation counter located in the Union Public Service Commission’s Office either in person or over phone Nos. 011 – 23381125 / 011 – 23385271 / 011 – 23098543. In case no communication is received in the Union Public Service Commission’s office from the candidate regarding non-receipt of his / her e-admission certificate at least three weeks before the IFS examination, he / she himself / herself will be solely responsible for non-receipt of his / her e-Admission Certificate. No candidate will ordinarily be allowed to take the examination unless he / she holds an e-certificate of admission for the IFS 2013 examination.
On the receipt of IFS Exam 2013 e-Admission Certificate, candidates should check it carefully and bring discrepancies / errors, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately. The candidates should note that their admission to the IFS examination 2013 will be purely provisional based on the information given by them in the Indian Forest Service application form. This will be subject to verification of all the eligibility conditions by the UPSC. The mere fact that a certificate of admission to the IFS 2013 Examination has been issued to a candidate, will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Union Public Service Commission or that entries made by the candidate in his / her application for the IFS preliminary examination 2013 have been accepted by the Union Public Service Commission as true and correct.
Candidates may note that the Union Public Service Commission takes up the verification of eligibility conditions of a candidate, with reference to original documents, only after the candidate has qualified for IFS ( Main ) Examination. Unless candidature is formally confirmed by the Union Public Service Commission, it continues to be provisional. The decision of the Union Public Service Commission as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the IFS Examination 2013 shall be final. Candidates should note that the name in the e-Admission Certificate for IFS Exam 2013 in some cases may be abbreviated due to technical reasons.
- In the event of a candidate downloading more than one e-Admission Certificate from the website of the Union Public Service Commission, he / she should use only one of these e-admission certificates for appearing in the IFS 2013 examination and report about the other(s) to the Union Public Service Commission Office.
- Candidates are informed that as the Preliminary Examination is only a screening test, no marks sheets will be supplied to successful or unsuccessful to be confirmed candidates and no correspondence will be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission, in this regard.
- The candidates must ensure that there E-Mail IDs given in their online Applications for Indian Forest Service are valid and active as the Union Public Service Commission may use electronic mode of communication while contacting them at different stages of the IFS examination process.
- Name and year of the IFS examination.
- Registration I.D. ( RID )
- Roll Number ( if received ).
- Name of candidate ( in full and in block letters ).
- Complete postal address as given in the IFS Exam application.
- Valid and Active E-Mail ID.
- Communication not containing the above particulars may not be attended to.
- If a letter / communication is received from a candidate after an examination for IFS 2013 has been held and it does not give his / her full name and roll number, it will be ignored and no action will be taken thereon.
- Candidates are strongly advised to keep a printout or soft copy of their IFS Exam 2013 online application for future references.
- The eligibility for availing reservation against the Indian Forest Services vacancies reserved for the physically disabled persons shall be the same as prescribed in “The Persons with Disability ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Act, 1995.”
Provided further that the physically disabled candidates shall also be required to meet special eligibility criteria in terms of physical requirements / functional classification ( abilities / disabilities ) consistent with requirements of the identified Service / Post as may be prescribed by its Cadre Controlling Authority. A list of Services identified suitable for Physically Disabled Category along with the physical requirements and functional classifications. The physical requirement and functional classification can for example be one or more of the following :
Code Physical Requirements
MF 1. Work performed by Manipulation by Fingers
PP 2. Work Performed by Pulling & Pushing
L 3. Work Performed by Lifting
KC 4. Work Performed by Kneeling and Crouching
BN 5. Work Performed by Bending
S 6. Work Performed by Sitting (on bench or chair)
ST 7. Work Performed by Standing
W 8. Work Performed by Walking
SE 9. Work Performed by Seeing
H 10. Work Performed by Hearing / Speaking
RW 11. Work Performed by Reading and Writing
C 12. Communication
Code Functional Classification
BL 1. Both legs affected but not arms
BA . Both arms affected
a. impaired Reach
b. weakness of Grip.
BLA 3. Both legs and both arms affected.
OL 4. One leg affected (R or L)
a. impaired reach
b. weakness of grip
OA 5. One arm affected (R or L)
a. impaired reach
b. weakness of grip
Note : The above list is subject to revision.
- No request for with Drawal of candidature received form a candidate after he / she has submitted his / her application will be entertained under any circumstances.
- Details about the scheme of examination, standard and syllabi of the subjects etc. may be seen in appendix – I of this notice.
Important note for IFS Examination 2013 : All communications to the Union Public Service Commission should invariably contain the following particulars.