IES ISS Exam Date 2017
1. A combined competitive examination for recruitment to Junior Time Scale of the Services mentioned in Para 2 below will be held by the Union Public Service Commission commencing from 12th May, 2017 in accordance with the Rules published by the Ministry of Statistics & Program Implementation in the Gazette of India dated the 8th February, 2017.
The IES ISS Examination 2017 will be held at the following centres :
|Centre Name||Centre Name||Centre Name||Centre Name|
The IES / ISS Exam centres and the date of holding the examination are liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission. Applicants should note that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the Centres, except Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Kolkata and Ahmedabad. Allotment of Centres will be on the “first-apply-first allot” basis, and once the capacity of a particular Centre is attained, the same will be frozen. Applicants, who cannot get a Centre of their Choice due to ceiling, will be required to choose a Centre from the remaining ones. Applicants are, thus, advised that they may apply early so that they could get a Centre of their choice.
NB : Notwithstanding the aforesaid provision, Commission reserve the right to change the Centres at their discretion if the situation demands. Candidates admitted to the examination will be informed of the time table and place or places of examination. The candidates should note that no request for change of centre will be entertained.
2. The Services to which recruitment is to be made on the results of this examination and the approximate number of vacancies in Junior Time Scale of the Services :-
- Indian Economic Service – 15
- Indian Statistical Service – 29
1. Vacancy has been kept reserved for PH category candidates (Visually Handicapped)
for Indian Statistical Service by the Government through IES/ISS Exam, 2017 and no vacancy has been kept reserved for the PH Category for the Indian Economic Service.
- The number of IES / ISS vacancies 2017 is liable to alteration. Reservations will be given effect to as per policy of the government.
- A candidate will be eligible to get the benefit of community reservation only in case the particular caste to which the candidate belongs is included in the list of reserved communities issued by the Central Government. If a candidate indicates in his/her Application Form for Indian Economic Service Examination / Indian Statistical Service Examination that he/she belongs to General Category but subsequently write to the Commission to change his/her category, to a reserved one, such request shall not be entertained by the Commission.
- While the above principle will be followed in general, there may be a few cases where there was a little gap (say 2-3 months) between the issuance of a Government Notification enlisting a particular community in the list of any of the reserved communities and the date of submission of the application by the candidate. In such cases the request of change of community from general to reserved may be considered by the Commission on merit basis.
- Candidates seeking reservation/relaxation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/PH/Ex-servicemen must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation/relaxation as per eligibility prescribed in the Rules/Notice. They should also be in possession of all the requisite certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim as stipulated in the Rules/ Notice for such benefits, and these certificates should be dated earlier than the due date (closing date) of the application.