Indian Economic Service Indian Statistical Service – IES ISS Exam 2016 Important Instructions
1. Candidates to Ensure their Eligibility for the IES / ISS Examination 2016
Candidates applying for the IES ISS examination 2016 should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Indian Economic Service Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination for IES ISS 2016 will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed IES ISS Exam eligibility conditions.
Mere issue of E-Admission Certificate for IES ISS Exam to the candidate will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Union Public Service Commission.
Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for IES ISS Interview / Personality Test.
2. IES ISS Exam 2016 Online Application Form :
Candidates are required to apply Online for IES ISS Exam only by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in Appendix – II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
3. Last Date for Submission of IES ISS Online Applications 2016 :
The IES ISS 2016 Online Applications can be filled upto 12.02.2016 till 11.59 pm, after which the link will be disabled.
4. a. On-line application forms for IES / ISS Examination, 2016 will be uploaded on the UPSC Commission’s Website from 16.01.2016. The date of closing of online application is 12.02.2016. Candidates are requested to fill up and submit the Part I and Part II of their online application forms before the closing date of the application. Once the candidate successfully submits Part I and Part II of their online applications, they would receive an auto generated email about the successful submission of their online application forms.
Candidates may note that e-Admit cards will be uploaded on the Union Public Service Commissions website on 07.03.2016. The e-Admit cards will be available for downloading by the candidates till 04.04.2016. Only those candidates who would download their e-Admit Cards on or before 04.04.2016 will be allowed to appear for the IES / ISS Examination.
“Candidates may note that downloading of e-Admit Cards by the candidates on the Union Public Service Commission’s website will not be available after 04.04.2016 and no request for issue of e-Admit Cards from the candidates under any circumstances will be entertained by the UPSC Commission after 04.04.2016.”
4. b. IES / ISS E-Admit Cards 2016 will be made available on the UPSC Website www.upsc.gov.in for downloading by the
candidates with effect from 07.03.2016 till 04.04.2016 ( 11.59 P.M. ). No physical Admit Cards will be send by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid and active email id and mobile numbers while filling up online application forms as the Union Public Service Commission will be using electronic mode for communication.
4. c. The candidates may note that mere issue of e-Admit Cards shall not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the UPSC Commission and the admission of the candidate to the examination will remain purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions required to be filled up by the candidates.
5. Special Instructions for IES ISS Exam 2016 :
Candidates are advised to read carefully “Special Instructions to the Candidates for Conventional Type Tests” ( Appendix – III ).
6. Penalty for Wrong Answers ( In Objective Type Question Paper ) :
Candidates should note that there will be penalty ( Negative Marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Paper.
7. Instructions for Filling Up OMR Sheets :
- For both writing and marking answers in the OMR Sheets ( Answer Sheet ) candidates must use black ball point pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or Ink pen. Candidates are further advised to read Special Instructions contained in Appendix – IV of the Notice.
- Candidates should note that any omission / mistake / discrepancy in encoding / filling in details in the OMR answer sheet; especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection.
8. Facilitation Counter for Guidance of Candidates :
In case of any guidance / information / clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near ‘C’ Gate of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271 / 011-23381125 / 011- 23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs. and 17.00 hrs.
9. Mobile Phones Banned :
- Mobile phones, pagers, bluetooth or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned item including mobile phones / pagers or any valuable / costly items to the venue of the UPSC examination, as arrangement for safe-keeping cannot be assured. Union Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
Candidates are required to apply IES ISS Exam Online at www.upsconline.nic.in only. No other mode is allowed for submission of application.