3. Indian Economic Service Indian Statistical Service – IES ISS Exam 2014 Eligibility
Eligibility Conditions for IES ISS Exam 2014 :
A candidate must be either :
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the IES ISS examination 2014 but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him / her by the Government of India.
(II) ISS IES Exam 2014 Age Limits :
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2014, i.e. he / she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1984 and not later than 1st August, 1993.
- The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable as follows :
- Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- Upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
- Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1981 to the 31st day of December, 1990.
- Upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof :
- Upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs / SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2014 and have been released.
- On completion of assignment ( including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August, 2014 ) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or
- On account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or
- On invalidment.
- Upto a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs / SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st August, 2014 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issue a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three month’s notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
- Upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.
Note I – Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clauses of para 3 (II) (b) above, viz. those coming under the category of Ex-servicemen, persons domiciled in the State of J & K, Physically disabled etc. will be eligible for grant of cumulative age relaxation under both the categories.
Note II – The term Ex-servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as ex-servicemen in the Ex-servicemen ( Re-employment in Civil Services and Posts ) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.
Note III – The age concession under para 3 (ii) (b) (v) and (vi) will not be admissible to Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs / SSCOs who are released on own request.
Note IV – Notwithstanding the provision of age-relaxation under para 3 (II) (b) (vii) above, a physically disabled candidate will be considered to be eligible for appointment only if he / she ( after such physical examination as the Government or appointing authority, as the case may be, may prescribe ) is found to satisfy the requirements of physical and medical standards for the concerned Services / UPSC posts to be allocated to the physically disabled candidates by the Government.
Save as provided above the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
The date of birth accepted by the Union Public Service Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, and that extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.
These certificate are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written part of the IES ISS examination 2014.
No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted.
The expression Matriculation / Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.
Note 1 : Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation / Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate as on the date of submission of IES ISS Exam applications 2014 will be accepted by the Union Public Service Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Note 2 : Candidates should also note that once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Union Public Service Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination of Indian Economic Service Indian Statistical Service, no change will be allowed subsequently ( or at any other Examination of the Union Public Service Commission ) on any grounds whatsoever.
Note 3 : The candidate should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in respective column of the Online Application Form for the UPSC IES ISS Examination 2014. If on verification at any subsequent stage, any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their matriculation or equivalent Examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Union Public Service Commission under the Rules.