UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination 2016 Application Last Date
|Date & Day||Time||Paper Numbers||Subject|
|13th May, 2016 ( Friday )||9.00 A.M. to 12.00 Noon|
2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.
Geology Paper I
Geophysics Paper I
Chemistry Paper I
|14th May, 2016 ( Saturday )||9.00 A.M. to 12.00 Noon||3|
|Geology Paper II
Geophysics Paper II
Chemistry Paper II
|2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.||4|
|Geology Paper III
Geophysics Paper III
Chemistry Paper III
|15th May, 2016 ( Sunday )||9.00 A.M. to 12.00 Noon||5||Hydrogeology|
Last Date for Submission of UPSC Geologist Exam 2016 Online Applications :
The UPSC Geologist Online applications 2016 can be filled upto 04.03.2016 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
Correspondence with Union Public Service Commission :
The Union Public Service Commission will not enter into any correspondence with the candidates about their candidature except in the following cases :
1. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate for UPSC GEOL exam 2016 three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The UPSC Geologist Exam e-Admission Certificate 2016 will be made available in the UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. For downloading the e-Admission Certificate / e-Admit Card the candidate must have his / her vital parameters like RID & Date of Birth or Roll No. ( if received ) & date of birth or name, father’s name & Date of Birth available with him / her.
If a candidate does not receive his / her e-admission certificate or any other communication regarding his / her candidature for the UPSC Geologists examination two weeks before the commencement of the UPSC Geologist examination, he / she should at once contact the Union Public Service Commission.
Information in this regard can also be obtained from the Facilitation Counter located in the Union Public Service Commission’s office either in person or over phone Nos. 011 – 23381125 / 23385271 / 23098543. In case no communication is received in the Union Public Service Commission’s office from the candidate regarding non-receipt of his / her e-Admission Certificate atleast 2 weeks before the UPSC Geologist examination, he / she himself / herself will be solely responsible for non-receipt of his / her e-admission certificate.
No candidate will ordinarily be allowed to take the Geologist examination unless he / she holds a e-admission certificate for the Geologist examination. On the receipt of e-Admission Certificate, check it carefully and bring discrepancies / errors, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately.
The candidates should note that their admission to the UPSC Geologist examination 2016 will be purely provisional based on the information given by them in the application form for Geologist Exam. This will be subject to verification of all the eligibility conditions by the UPSC.
2. The mere fact that an e-admission certificate to the Geologist examination has been issued to a candidate, will not imply that the candidature has been finally cleared by the Union Public Service Commission or that entries made by the candidate in his / her application for the Geologist examination have been accepted by the Union Public Service Commission as true and correct. Candidates may note that the Union Public Service Commission takes up the verification of eligibility conditions of a candidate, with reference to original documents, only after the candidate has qualified for UPSC Geologist interview or personality test on the result of the Geologist Written Examination.
Unless candidature is formally confirmed by the Union Public Service Commission, it continues to be provisional. The decision of the Union Public Service Commission with regard to the acceptance of the Geologist application of a candidate and his / her eligibility or otherwise for admission to the Geologist examination shall be final. Candidates should note that the name in the e-Admission Certificate in some cases, may be abbreviated due to technical reasons.
3. The candidates must ensure that their E-Mail IDs given in their online applications for Geologist Exam 2016 are valid and active as the Union Public Service Commission may use electronic mode of communication while contacting them at different stages of examination processes.
4. A candidate must see that communications sent to him / her at the address stated in his / her application for Geologist are redirected, if necessary. Change in address should be communicated to the Union Public Service Commission at the earliest opportunity. Although the Union Public Service Commission make every effort to take account of such changes, they cannot accept any responsibility in the matter.
5. In the event of a candidate downloading more than one admission certificate from the Union Public Service Commission’s website he / she should use only one of these admission certificates for appearing in the examination and report about the other(s) to the Union Public Service Commission’s office.
6. If a candidate receives an UPSC Geologist e-admission certificate 2016 in respect of some other candidate from the Union Public Service Commission the same should be immediately brought to the Union Public Service Commission notice with a request to issue the correct e-Admission Certificate. Candidates may note that they will not be allowed to take the Geologist examination on the strength of an e-admission certificate issued in respect of another candidate.
Important : All communications to the Union Public Service Commission should invariably contain the following particulars.
- Name and year of UPSC examination.
- Registration ID ( RID ) Number.
- Roll No ( if received ).
- Name of candidate in full and in Block Letters.
- Complete Postal Address as given in the application.
- Valid and active E-mail ID.
1. Communications not containing the above particulars may not be attended to.
2. If a letter / communication is received from a candidate after an examination for Geologist has been held and it does not give his / her full name and roll number, it will be ignored and no action will be taken thereon.
3. Candidates are strongly advised to keep a printout or soft copy of their online application for future reference.
8. For being considered against the vacancies in Geologist reserved for them, the physically disabled person should have disability of Forty percent ( 40% ) or more. However, such candidates shall be required to meet one or more of the following physical requirements / abilities which may be necessary for performing the duties in the concerned services / UPSC posts :
|F||1. Work performed by manipulating ( with Fingers )|
|PP||2. Work performed by pulling and pushing|
|L||3. Work performed by lifting|
|KC||4. Work performed by kneeling and crouching|
|B||5. Work performed by bending|
|S||6. Work performed by sitting ( on bench or chair )|
|ST||7. Work performed by standing|
|W||8. Work performed by walking|
|SE||9. Work performed by seeing|
|H||10. Work performed by hearing / speaking|
|RW||11. Work performed by reading and writing|
The functional classification in their case shall be, one or more of the following, consistent with the requirement of the concerned services / UPSC posts :
|BL||1. both legs affected but not arms.|
|BA||2. both arms affected||a. impaired reach|
|b. weakness of grip.|
|BLA||3. both legs and both arms affected|
|OL||4. one leg affected ( R or L )||a. impaired reach.|
|b. weakness of grip.|
|OA||5. one arm affected ( R or L )||a. impaired reach.|
|b. weakness of grip.|
|BH||6. stiff back and hips ( cannot sit or stoop )|
|MW||7. muscular weakness and limited physical endurance|
|B||8. the blind|
|PB||9. partially blind|
|D||10. the deaf|
|PD||11. partially deaf|
9. Withdrawal of UPSC Geologist Exam 2016 Applications :
No request for withdrawal of candidature received from a candidate after he / she has submitted his / her Geologist application will be entertained under any circumstances.
10. Details about the scheme of examination, standard and syllabi of the subjects etc. may be seen in appendix I of UPSC Geologists 2016 notice.