UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination 2018 Online Application Form
Candidates are required to apply Online for UPSC Geologist Examination 2018 using the link www.upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications for Geologist Exam 2018 are available on the above mentioned website.
The applicants are advised to submit only single application. However, if due to any unavoidable situation, he / she submits another / multiple applications, then he / she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only applications with higher RID ( Registration ID ) shall be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
All candidates, whether already in Government Service, in Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment should submit their applications direct to the Union Public Service Commission.Persons already in Government service, whether in permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are, however, required to inform in writing their Head of Office / Department that they have applied for the UPSC Geologists Examination 2018.Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Union Public Service Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for / appearing at the UPSC Geologists Examination, their application for Geologist UPSC Exam will be liable to be rejected / candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
Note 1 : While filling in his online application form, the candidates should carefully decide about his / her choice for the centre for the UPSC Geologist examination 2018. If any candidate appears at a centre other than the one indicated by the Union Public Service Commission in the e-Admission Certificate, the papers of such a candidate will not be valued and his / her candidature will be liable to cancellation.
Note 2 : Suitable provisions for information regarding use of scribes by the blind candidates and candidates with Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Pals6 where dominant ( writing ) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function ( minimum of 40% impairment ) have been made in the online application.
Note 3 : Incomplete or defective applications shall be summarily rejected. No representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstances.
d.Candidates are not required to submit hard copy of their application to the commission at this stage. The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission viz. Written Examination and Interview Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the written Examination or Interview Test, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission.
Candidates are requested to keep ready the attested copies of the following documents for submission to the Commission soon after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination which is likely to be declared in the month of August, 2018.
- Certificate of Age.
- Certificate of Educational Qualification.
- Certificate in support of claim to belong to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Classes where applicable.
- Certificate in support of claim for age / fee concession, wherever applicable.
- Certificate in support of being physically handicapped ( wherever applicable ).
Immediately after the declaration of the result of the written part of the UPSC Geologist examination 2018 successful candidates will be intimated by the Union Public Service Commission electronically and they shall be asked to submit Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) online. The successful candidates have to send the printout of this DAF with each page duly signed along with the attested copies of the above mentioned certificates to the Union Public Service Commission at that time. Originals will have to be produced at the time of Geologist interview. The interview letter to the candidates may also be issued electronically.
If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Commission in terms of Rule 14 of the Combined GeoScientist and Geologist Examination, 2018 notified in the Gazette of India dated 21st March, 2018 and also reproduced below:
A candidate who is or has been declared by the Union Public Service Commission to be guilty of :
- Obtaining support for his / her candidature by any means, or
- Impersonating, or
- Procuring impersonation by any person, or
- Submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with, or
- Making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information, or
- Resorting to any other irregular or improper means in connection with his / her candidature for the examination, or
- Using unfair means during the Geologist examination, or
- Writing irrelevant matter, including obscene ‘languages or pornographic matter, in the script (s), or
- Misbehaving in any other manner in the UPSC Geologist examination hall, or
- Harassing or doing bodily harm to the Staff employed by the Union Public Service Commission for the conduct of their examination, or
- Being in possession of or using mobile phone, pager or any electronic equipment or device or any other equipment capable of being used as a communication device during the UPSC geologist examination; or
- Violating any of the instructions issued to candidates along with their e-admission certificates permitting them to take the Geologist examination, or
- Attempting to commit or as the case may be abetting the Union Public Service Commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses, may in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution is liable.a. To be disqualified by the Union Public Service Commission from the examination for which he / she is a candidate and / orb. To be debarred either permanently or for a specified period.
- By the Union Public Service Commission from any examination or selection held by them;
- By the Central Government from any employment under them; and
c. If he / she is already in service under government to disciplinary action under the appropriate rules. Provided that no penalty under these rules shall be imposed except after.
- Giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation, in writing as he / she may wish to make in that behalf; and
- Taking the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate within the period allowed to him / her into consideration.
Instructions to the Candidates for filling Online Applications for Geologists Exam 2018
Candidates are required to apply Online using the website www.upsconline.nic.in. Salient features of the system of Geologists Exam 2018 Online Application Form are given here under :
- Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications for Geologists Exam 2018.
- Candidates will be required to complete the UPSC Geologists Online Application Form 2018 containing two stages viz Part – I and Part – II as per the instructions available in the above-mentioned site through drop down menus.
- The candidates are required to pay a UPSC Geologists Exam fee of 200/- ( Rupees Two Hundred only ) [ excepting SC / ST / PH / Female candidates who are exempted from payment of fee ] either by depositing the money in any branch SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur / State Bank of Hyderabad / State Bank of Mysore / State Bank of Patiala / State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa / Master Credit / Debit Card.
- Before start filling up of UPSC Geologists Exam Online Application 2018, a candidate must have his / her photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format in such a manner that each file should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB in size for the photograph and 1 KB for the signature.
- The UPSC Geologists Online Application 2018 ( Part I and Part II ) can be filled from 21st March, 2018 to 16th April, 2018 till 18.00 Hours, after which the link will be disabled.
- Applicants should avoid submitting multiple applications. However if due to any unavoidable circumstances, any applicant submits multiple applications then he / she must ensure that the applications with higher RID is complete in all respects.
- In case of multiple applications, the application with higher RID shall be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- The applicants must ensure that while filling their Application Form, they are providing their valid and active E-mail IDs as the UPSC Commission may use electronic mode of communications while contacting them at different stages of examination process.
- The applicants are advised to check their emails at regular intervals and ensure that the email address ending email@example.com are directed to their inbox folder and not to the Spam folder or any other folder.
- Candidates are strongly advised to apply Online well in time without waiting for the last date for submission of UPSC Geologists Online Applications 2018.