UPSC Combined Medical Services Examination – CMS Exam 2016 Date
|UPSC CMS Exam Date 2016 : 12.06.2016|
|UPSC CMS Exam 2016 Application Issue Date : 05.03.2016|
|UPSC CMS Exam 2016 Online Application Last Date : 01.04.2016|
“Combined Medical Services Examination 2016 – Conducting in computer based mode”.
1. A combined examination for recruitment to the services and posts mentioned in para 2 below will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on the 12th June, 2016 in accordance with the Rules published by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare ( Department of Health ) in the Gazette of India dated the 05th March, 2016.
- The Services / Posts to which recruitment is to be made and the approximate number of vacancies to be filled are given below :
(i) Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways. 600 (ii) Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service. 46 (iii) Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services. 250 (iv) General Duty Medical Officer Gr - II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation. 97 (v) General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council 16
The number of UPSC CMS 2016 vacancies to be filled on the results of Combined Medical Services examination is being finalised. The services / posts identified for PH categories for Combined Medical Services Examination 2016 are as under :
- 18 ( Eighteen ) Vacancies of Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways are reserved for Physically Handicapped candidates belonging to Locomotor Disability or Cerebral Palsy having functional classification BL, OL, OA.
- One Vacancy of Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service is reserved for P.H. Candidates having fenetiance Classification OA, OL.
- 3 ( Three ) Vacancies of Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services are reserved for Physically Handicapped category i.e. the orthopedically handicapped candidates having disability in OL ( One Leg ), OA ( One Arm ) and BL ( Both Legs ).
- 3 ( Three ) GDMO Gr-II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation / North Delhi Municipal Corporation / South Delhi Municipal Corporation are reserved for Physically Handicapped candidates belonging to Locomotor Disability / Cerebral Palsy having functional Classification OA, OL.
- Nil vacancy of General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council are shown for Physically Handicapped candidates.
Note : Ministry of Health & Family Welfare vide their letter No.12011/1/2016.CHS-I dated 10.02.2016 have informed that in so far as reservation to PH candidates having BL functional classification is concerned, it is intimated that Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has taken up the matter of exemption of the BL candidates for the post of Medical Officer in CHS with Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. Therefore, applications of BL candidates may also be considered for CMSE – 2016 but their recruitment / selection will be subject to the outcome of the decision of Ministry of SJ&E in this regard.
- The number of UPSC CMS vacancies is liable to alteration. Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Physically Disabled Categories in respect of CMS 2016 vacancies as may be fixed by the Government. A candidate will be eligible to get the benefit of community reservation only in case the particular caste to which the candidates belong is included in the list of reserved communities issued by the Central Government. If a candidate indicates in his / her application form for Combined Medical Service Examination that he / she belongs to General category but subsequently writes to the Union Public Service Commission to change his / her category to a reserved one, such request shall not be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission.
While the above principle will be followed in general, there may be a few cases where there was a little gap ( say 2-3 months ) between the issuance of a Government Notifications enlisting a particular community in the list of any of the reserved communities and the date of submission of the UPSC CMS Exam 2016 application by the candidate. In such cases the request for change of community from General to Reserved may be considered by the Union Public Service Commission on merit. “Candidates seeking reservation / relaxation benefits available for SC / ST / OBC / PH / Ex-servicemen must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation / relaxation as per eligibility prescribed in the Rules / Notice. They should be in possession of all the requisite certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim as stipulated in the Rules / Notice for such benefits, and these certificates should be dated earlier than the due date ( Closing date ) of the application.”
- A candidate may apply for admission to the Combined Medical Services examination in respect of any one or more of the services / CMS posts mentioned in para 2 (a) above. Candidates will be required to indicate preferences for services / posts at the appropriate time. If a candidate wishes to be admitted for more than one service / post he / she need send in only one Combined Medical Services Exam application. He / She will be required to pay the fee mentioned in para 4 below once only and will not be required to pay separate fee for each of the services / posts for which he / she applies.
Important Notes for Combined Medical Services Exam 2016 :
- Candidates to Ensure their Eligibility for the CMS Examination 2016 : The candidates applying for the CMS examination 2016 should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions for admission to UPSC CMS Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the Combined Medical Services examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of UPSC CMS e-Admit Card 2016 to the candidate will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared by the Union Public Service Commission. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for UPSC CMS interview / Personality Test.
- UPSC CMS Exam How to Apply 2016 : Candidates are required to apply Online for Combined Medical Services Exam 2016 by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Brief instructions for filling up the CMS Online Application Form 2016 have been given in the Appendix – II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
- Last Date for Submission of UPSC CMS Exam Applications 2016 : The Online applications for CMS Exam 2016 can be filled upto 01st April, 2016 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an UPSC CMS Exam e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the UPSC CMS examination. The UPSC CMS Exam 2016 e-Admit Card will be made available in the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by candidates. No Admit Card will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid and active E-mail I.D. while filling up Combined Medical Services Online application form 2016 as the Union Public Service Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
- Penalty for Wrong Answers : Candidates should note that there will be penalty ( Negative Marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
- The written examination for Combined Medical Service for two objective papers will be conducted in Computer based mode. A demo module for Computer based mode of CMS examination will be available on UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in at the time of the launching of e-Admit Card.
- Facilitation Counter for Guidance of Candidates : In case of any guidance / information / clarification regarding their CMS applications 2016, candidature etc. Candidates can contact UPSC’s facilitation Counter near Gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271 / 011-23381125 / 011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
- Mobile Phones Banned :
- Mobile phones, bluetooth or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the Combined Medical Services examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future CMS examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not be bring any of the banned items including mobile phones / pagers or any valuable / costly items to the venue of the UPSC CMS 2016 Examination, as arrangements for safekeeping cannot be assured. Union Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard. Candidates are required to apply CMS Exam 2016 Online at www.upsconline.nic.in only. No other mode is allowed for submission of CMS application.
UPSC Combined Medical Service Exam 2016 : Exam Center – Age Limit – Qualification – Application Form – Application Last Date – Syllabus