UPSC Combined Medical Services Examination – CMS Exam 2014 Date
|UPSC CMS Exam Date 2014 : 22.06.2014|
|UPSC CMS Exam 2014 Application Issue Date : 22.03.2014|
|UPSC CMS Exam 2014 Online Application Last Date : 21.04.2014|
“Combined Medical Services Examination 2014 – Conducting in computer based mode”.
In accordance with the UPSC Examination Rules, the written examination for Combined Medical Services Examination for two objective type papers hitherto was being conducted through the OMR sheets. The UPSC Commission has now decided that the written part of the ensuing UPSC Combined Medical Services Examination, 2014 to be held on the 22nd June, 2014 will now be conducted in Computer Based mode.
There will be no changes in the syllabus and the scheme of UPSC CMS examination. The candidates appearing in the above examination are advised to take note of the above change in the mode of written part of the above examination. A demo module for computer based mode of CMS examination will be made available on UPSC official website ( www.upsc.gov.in ) shortly.
1. A combined examination for UPSC Medical recruitment to the services and posts mentioned in para 2 below will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on the 22nd June, 2014 in accordance with the Rules published by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare ( Department of Health ) in the Gazette of India dated the 22nd March, 2014.
- The Services / UPSC Posts to which recruitment is to be made and the approximate number of vacancies to be filled are given below :
(i) Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways. 650 (ii) Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service. Yet to be Finalised (iii) Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services. 150 (iv) General Duty Medical Officer Gr - II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation. 53 (v) General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council 22
- 19 ( Nineteen ) Vacancies of Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways are reserved for Physically Handicapped candidates belonging to Locomotor Disability or Cerebral Palsy having functional classification OL, OA, BL.
- Number of Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service are yet to be finalised.
- 5 ( Five ) Vacancies Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services are reserved for Physically Handicapped candidates belonging to Locomotor Disability or cerebral Palsy having functional classification OL, OA, BL.
- 2 ( Two ) vacancies of GDMO Gr-II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation / North Delhi Municipal Corporation / South Delhi Municipal Corporation are reserved for Physically Handicapped candidates belonging to Locomotor Disability / Cerebral Palsy having functional Classification OA, OL.
- No vacancies are reserved for Physically Handicapped candidates have been reported by New Delhi Municipal Council for General Duty Medical Officer. The number of vacancies is liable to alteration. Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Physically Disabled Categories in respect of CMS 2014 vacancies as may be fixed by the Government. A candidate will be eligible to get the benefit of community reservation only in case the particular caste to which the candidates belong is included in the list of reserved communities issued by the Central Government. If a candidate indicates in his / her application form 2014 for Combined Medical Service Examination that he / she belongs to General category but subsequently writes to the Union Public Service Commission to change his / her category to a reserved one, such request shall not be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission. While the above principle will be followed in general, there may be a few cases where there was a little gap ( say 2-3 months ) between the issuance of a Government Notifications enlisting a particular community in the list of any of the reserved communities and the date of submission of the UPSC CMS Exam 2014 application by the candidate. In such cases the request for change of community from General to Reserved may be considered by the Union Public Service Commission on merit.
“Candidates seeking reservation / relaxation benefits available for SC / ST / OBC / PH / Ex-servicemen must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation / relaxation as per eligibility prescribed in the Rules / Notice. They should be in possession of all the requisite certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim as stipulated in the Rules / Notice for such benefits, and these certificates should be dated earlier than the due date ( closing date ) of the application.”
- A candidate may apply for admission to the Combined Medical Services examination in respect of any one or more of the services / CMS posts mentioned in para 2 (a) above. Candidates will be required to indicate preferences for services / posts at the appropriate time. If a candidate wishes to be admitted for more than one service / post he / she need send in only one Combined Medical Services Exam application. He / She will be required to pay the fee mentioned in para 4 below once only and will not be required to pay separate fee for each of the services / posts for which he / she applies.
Important Notes for Combined Medical Services Exam 2014 :
- Candidates to Ensure their Eligibility for the CMS Examination 2014 : The candidates applying for the CMS examination 2014 should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to UPSC CMS Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the Combined Medical Services examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of e-Admission Certificate for UPSC CMS Exam 2014 to the candidate will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Union Public Service Commission. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for Combined Medical Services interview / Personality Test.
- CMS 2014 Exam Online Application Form : Candidates are required to apply Online for Combined Medical Services Exam 2014 by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Brief instructions for filling up the CMS Online Application Form 2014 have been given in the Appendix-II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
- Last Date for Submission of UPSC CMS 2014 Exam Online Applications : The Online applications for CMS Exam 2014 can be filled upto 21st April 2014 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate for CMS Exam 2014 three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The UPSC CMS Exam 2014 e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid and active E-mail I.D. while filling up Combined Medical Services Online application form 2014 as the Union Public Service Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
- Penalty for Wrong Answers : Candidates should note that there will be penalty ( Negative Marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
- For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet [ Answer Sheet ], candidates must use black ball pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or Ink pen. Candidates should not that any omission / mistake / discrepancy in encoding / filling of details in the OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection. Candidates are further advised to read carefully the “Special Instructions” contained in Appendix-III of the notice.
- Facilitation Counter for Guidance of Candidates : In case of any guidance / information / clarification regarding their CMS applications 2014, candidature etc. Candidates can contact UPSC’s facilitation Counter near Gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271 / 011-23381125 / 011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
- Mobile Phones Banned :
- Mobile phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the Combined Medical Services examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future CMS examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not be bring any of the banned items including mobile phones / pagers or any valuable / costly items to the venue of the UPSC CMS 2014 Examination, as arrangements for safekeeping cannot be assured. Union Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard. Candidates are required to apply CMS Exam 2014 Online at www.upsconline.nic.inonly. No other mode is allowed for submission of application for CMS Examination 2014.