UPSC Combined Medical Services Examination – CMS Exam 2014 Online Application Form
|UPSC CMS Exam 2014 Application Issue Date : 22.03.2014|
|UPSC CMS Exam 2014 Online Application Last Date : 21.04.2014|
- Candidates are required to apply CMS Exam 2014 Online by using the link www.upsconline.nic.in. Detailed Instructions for filling up Online Applications for Combined Medical Service Exam 2014 are available on the above mentioned website. The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he / she submits another / multiple applications, then he / she must ensure that CMS Exam 2014 application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the CMS applications with higher RID ( Registration ID ) shall be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- All candidates, whether already in Government Service or Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organisations or in private employment should submit their applications online for Combined Medical Services Exam 2014 direct to the Union Public Service Commission. Persons already in Government service, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as workcharged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are however, required to submit an undertaking that they have informed in writing their Head of Office / Department that they have applied for the Combined Medical Services Examination. Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Union Public Service Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for / appearing at the CMS 2014 examination, their application shall be rejected / candidature shall be liable to be cancelled.
Note 1 : While filling in his / her CMS 2014 Online application form, the candidates should carefully decide about his / her choice for the centre. If any candidate appears at a centre other than the one indicated by the Union Public Service Commission in his / her e-Admission Certificate, the papers of such a candidate will not be valued and his / her candidature will be liable to cancellation.
Note 2 : Incomplete or defective applications for CMS 2014 shall be summarily rejected. No representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstances. Candidates are not required to submit hard copy of the application for CMS 2014 to the Union Public Service Commission at this stage.
The candidates applying for the Combined Medical Services examination 2014 should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions or admission to the CMS Examination. Their admission at all the stages of Combined Medical Services examination for which they are admitted by the Union Public Service Commission viz. Written Examination and Interview Test / Personality Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the written Examination or Interview Test, / Personality Test, it is found that they do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the CMS examination will be cancelled by the Union Public Service Commission.Candidates are requested to keep ready the attested copies of the following documents for submission to the Union Public Service Commission soon after the declaration of the result of the written examination for CMS Exam 2014 which is likely to be declared in the month of September / October, 2014.
1. Certificate of Age.
2. Certificate of Educational Qualification.
3. Certificate in support of claim to belong to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and other Backward Classes where applicable.
4. Certificate in support of claim for age / fee concession, where applicable.
5. Certificate in support of being physically handicapped ( where applicable ).
6. Certificate of eligibility for grant of age relaxation for ad-hoc doctors of Ministry of Railways [ Refer Para 3(II) (b) (viii) ]Immediately after the declaration of the CMS Exam 2014 written results, successful candidates will be intimated by the Union Public Service Commission electronically and they shall be asked to submit Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) Online. The successful candidates have to send the printout of this DAF with each page duly signed along with the attested copies of the above mentioned certificates to the Union Public Service Commission at that time. Originals will have to be produced at the time of CMS interview. The interview letter to the candidates may also be issued electronically. If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Union Public Service Commission in terms of Rule 11 of the Rules for the Combined Medical Services Examination, 2014 reproduced below.
A candidate who is or has been declared by the Union Public Service Commission to be guilty of :
- Obtaining support for his candidature by any means, or
- Impersonating, or
- Procuring impersonation by any person, or
- Submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with, or
- Making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information, or
- Resorting to any other irregular or improper means in connection with his / her candidature for the CMS 2014 examination, or
- Using unfair means during the CMS examination 2014, or
- Writing irrelevant matter, including obscene languages or pornographic matter, in the script(s), or
- Misbehaving in any other manner in the UPSC CMS examination hall, or
- Harassing or doing bodily harm to the Staff employed by the Union Public Service Commission for the conduct of their Combined Medical Services examination, or
- Being in possession of or using mobile phone, pager or any electronic equipment or device or any other equipment capable of being used as a communication device during the Combined Medical Services examination; or
- Violating any of the instructions issued to candidates along with their e-Admission Certificates permitting them to take the CMS examination 2014, or
- Attempting to commit or as the case may be abetting the Union Public Service Commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses, may in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution be liable.
- To be disqualified by the Union Public Service Commission from the CMS examination 2014 for which he / she is a candidate and / or
- To be debarred either permanently or for a specified period :
- By the Union Public Service Commission from any examination or selection held by them;
- By the Central Government from any employment under them; and
- If he / she is already in service under Government to disciplinary action under the appropriate rules. Provided that no penalty under this rule shall be imposed except after.
- Giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation, in writing as he / she may wish to make in that behalf; and
- Taking the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate within the period allowed to him / her into consideration.
Instructions to the Candidates for Filling Online Applications for CMS Exam 2014
Candidates are required to apply CMS Exam 2014 online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in
Salient Features of the system of CMS Exam 2014 Online Application Form are given hereunder :
- Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications for CMS Exam 2014 are available on the above mentioned website.
- Candidates will be required to complete the Online Application Form 2014 for CMS Exam 2014 containing two stages viz. Part-I and Part-II as per the instructions available in the above mentioned site through drop down menu.
- The candidates are required to pay a fee of 200/- ( Rupees Two Hundred Only ) [ excepting SC / ST / Female/ PH candidates who are exempted from payment of fee ] either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India / State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur / State Bank of Hyderabad / State Bank of Mysore / State Bank of Patiala / State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa / Master Credit / Debit Card.
- Before start filling up CMS Exam Online Application, a candidate must have his / her photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format in such a manner that each file should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB in size for the photograph and 1 KB for the signature.
- The Combined Medical Services Exam 2014 Online Applications ( Part I and II ) can be filled from 22nd March, 2014 to 21st April, 2014 till 11.59 p.m., after which link will be disabled.
- Applicants should avoid submitting multiple applications. However, if due to any unavoidable circumstances any applicant submits multiple applications then he / she must ensure that the CMS applications 2014 with higher RID is complete in all respects.
- In case of multiple applications, the applications for Combined Medical Services with higher RID shall be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- The applicants must ensure that while filling their CMS Exam 2014 application form, they are providing their valid and active E-mail IDs as the Union Public Service Commission may use electronic mode of communication while contacting them at different stages of examination process.
- The applicants are advised to check their emails at regular intervals and ensure that the email address ending with @nic.in are directed to their inbox folder and not to the SPAM folder or any other folder.
- Candidates are strongly advised to apply CMS Exam 2014 Online well in time without waiting for the last date for submission of Online Application for CMS Exam 2014.