UPSC ESE Exam 2018 Educational Qualifications
For admission to the Indian Engineering Service Examination, a candidate must have,
- Obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or
- Passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers ( India ); or
- Obtained a degree / diploma in Engineering from such foreign University / College / Institution and under such conditions as may be recognized by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers ( India ); or
- Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III / Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959.
Provided that a candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service ( Electronics Engineering Posts ) and Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr‘A’may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely:‐ For Indian Naval Armament Service ( Electronics Engg. Posts ) ‐ M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject. For Indian Radio Regulatory Service – M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject or Master’s Degree in Science with Physics and Radio Communication or Electronics or Telecommunication as a special subject.
Note 1 : A candidate who has appeared at an examination the passing of which would render him / her educationally qualified for Indian Engineering Services examination, but has not been informed of the result, may apply for admission to the examination. A candidate who intends to appear at such a qualifying examination may also apply. Such candidates will be admitted to the examination, if otherwise eligible, but their admission would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation, if they do not produce proof of having passed the requisite qualifying examination along with the Detailed Application Form which will be required to be submitted by the candidates who qualify on the result of written part of the examination.
Note 2 : In exceptional cases, the Union Public Service Commission may treat a candidate, who has not any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule, as educationally qualified provided that he / she has passed examinations conducted by other institutions the standard of which in the opinion of the Union Public Service Commission justifies his / her admission to the examination.
Note 3 : A candidate who is otherwise qualified but who has taken a degree from a foreign University which is not recognized by Government, may also apply to the Union Public Service Commission and may be admitted to the examination at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission.
UPSC ESE Medical Examination 2018
Candidates finally recommended by the Union Public Service Commission on the basis of Engineering Services Examination, 2018 shall be required to undergo medical examination.
- Every candidate, on being finally recommended by Union Public Service Commission will be required to undergo ESE medical examination as and when so decided by the Ministry of Railways ( Railway Board ) irrespective of the fact that he / she has appeared for such medical examination in the past and found fit / unfit on the basis of earlier examination.
- The UPSC ESE medical examination will be conducted at various Railway Hospitals under Ministry of Railways ( Railway Board ). Other additional instructions for candidates are The findings of the Railways Medical Board will be taken as final and binding for all allotment purposes.
UPSC ESE Exam Physical Standards 2018
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Engineering Services Examination, 2018 as per guidelines the Rules for the Engineering Services Examination, 2018 published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 27th September, 2017.
UPSC Engineering Service Exam 2018 Exam Date – Eligibility – Application – Application Last Date – Exam Scheme – General Ability Syllabus – Civil Engg. Syllabus – Mechanical Engg. Syllabus – Electrical Engg. Syllabus – Electronics Telecommunication Engg. Syllabus – Exam Center