UPSC ESE Exam 2018 Online Application Form
Important Notice for IES Exam 2018
|UPSC ESE 2018 Exam Date : 07th January, 2018|
|UPSC ESE 2018 Online Application Issue Date : 27th September, 2017|
|UPSC ESE 2018 Online Application Last Date : 23rd October, 2017|
How to Apply for ESE Exam 2018
- Candidates are required to UPSC ESE Exam Apply Online 2018 using the link www.upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions for filling up UPSC ESE Exam online applications 2018 are available on the above mentioned website.
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he / she submits another / multiple applications, then he / she must ensure that Indian Engineering Services application 2018 with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, IES examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications for IES Exam 2018 should note that only the applications with higher RID ( Registration ID ) shall be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- All candidates, whether already in Government Service, or in Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment, should apply Online direct to the Union Public Service Commission. Persons, already in Government service whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as work-charged employees other than causal or daily rated employees or those serving under public enterprises are, however, required to inform their Head of Office / Department that they have applied for the IES Examination. Candidates should note that in case communication is received from their employer by the Union Public Service Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for / appearing at the UPSC IES Examination, their application will be liable to be rejected / candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
Note 1 : While filling in his / her application form for IES Exam 2018, the candidate should carefully decide about his / her choice for the centre and engineering discipline for the IES examination. If any candidate appears at a centre / Engineering Discipline other than the one indicated by the Union Public Service Commission in his / her E-Admission Certificate papers of such a candidate will not be valued and his / her candidature will be liable to cancellation.
Note 2 : Suitable provisions for information regarding use of scribes by the blind candidates and candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy where dominant ( writing ) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function ( Minimum of 40% impairment ) have been made in the online application.
Note 3 : Incomplete or defective applications shall be summarily rejected. No representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstances. Candidates are not required to submit hard copy / print out of their application to the Union Public Service Commission at this stage.
The candidates applying for the Indian Engineering Services Examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Indian Engineering Services Examination. Their admission at all the stages of ESE examination for which they are admitted by the Union Public Service Commission viz. Written Examination for UPSC ESE 2018 and Interview Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the IES Written examination or Interview Test, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the ESE Exam 2018 eligibility conditions, their candidature of the Engineering Services Examination will be cancelled by the Union Public Service Commission. Candidates are requested to keep ready the attested copies of the following documents for submission to the Union Public Service Commission soon after the declaration of the results of the IES written Examination 2018.
- Certificate of Age.
- Certificate of Educational Qualification.
- Certificate in support of claim to belong to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes, wherever applicable.
- Certificate in support of claim for age / fee concession, wherever applicable.
Immediately after the declaration of the UPSC ESE Written Results, successful candidates will be intimated the Union Public Service Commission electronically and they shall be asked to submit Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) online. The successful candidates have to send the print out of IES Exam 2018 DAF with each page duly signed along with the attested copies of the above mentioned certificates to the Union Public Service Commission at that time. Originals will have to be produced at the time of interview. The UPSC ESE interview letter to the candidates may also be issued electronically.
If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Union Public Service Commission in terms of Rule 11 of the Rules for Engineering Services Examination, 2018 notified in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 27th September 2017 and also reproduced below :
A candidate who is or has been declared by the Union Public Service Commission to be guilty of :
- Obtaining support for his candidature by any means; or
- Impersonating; or
- Procuring impersonation by any person; or
- Submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with; or
- Making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information; or
- Resorting to any other irregular or improper means in connection with his candidature for the IES examination; or
- Using unfair means during the Indian Engineering Services examination; or
- Writing irrelevant matter including obscene language or pornographic matter in the script(s); or
- Misbehaving in any other manner in the IES examination hall; or
- Harassing or doing bodily harm to the staff employed by the Union Public Service Commission for the conduct of their examinations; or
- Being in possession of or using any cellular / mobile phone / pager / bluetooth or any other electronic equipment or device or any other equipment capable of being used as a communication device during the IES examination; or
- Violating any of the instructions issued to candidates along with their admission certificate permitting them to take the IES examination; or
- Attempting to commit or as the case may be abetting the Union Public Service Commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses. May in addition to rendering himself liable to criminal prosecution, be liable :
- To be disqualified by the Union Public Service Commission from the examination for which he / she is a candidate; and / or
- To be debarred either permanently or for a specified period :
- By the Union Public Service Commission from any examination or selection held by them;
- By the Central Government from any employment under them; and
- If he / she is already in service under Government to disciplinary action under the appropriate rules :
Provided that no penalty under this rule shall be imposed except after -
- Giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation in writing as he / she may wish to make on that behalf, and
- Taking the representation if any submitted by the candidate, within the period allowed to him / her into consideration.
Application FEE Details 2018
Candidates ( excepting Female / SC / ST / PH who are exempted from payment of fee ) are required to pay a fee of 200/‐ ( Rupees Two hundred only ) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa / Master Credit / Debit card.
Note : 1 Applicants who opt for “Pay by cash” mode should print the system generated Pay‐in slip during Part‐II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. “Pay by cash” mode option will be deactivated at 23:59 hours of 22nd October, 2017 i.e. one day before the closing date ; however, applicants who have generated their Pay‐in‐slip before it is de‐activated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date. Such applicants who are unable to pay by cash on the closing date i.e. during banking hours to SBI Branch, for reason whatsoever, even if holding a valid Pay‐in‐slip, will have no other offline option but to opt for online Debit / Credit Card or Internet Banking Payment mode on the closing date i.e. till 18:00 hours of 23rd October, 2017.
Note : 2 Candidates should note that payment of examination fee can be made only through the modes prescribed above. Payment of fee through any other mode is neither valid nor acceptable. Applications submitted without the prescribed fee / mode ( unlessre mission of fee is claimed ) shall be summarily rejected.
Note : 3 Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
Note : 4 For the applicants in whose case payments details have not been received from the bank, they will be treated as fictitious payment cases and their applications will be rejected in the first instance. A list of all such applicants shall be made available on the Commission website within two weeks after the last day of submission of online application. The applicants shall be required to submit the proof of their fee payment within 10 days from the date of such communication either by hand or by speed post to the Commission. On receipt of documentary proof, genuine fee payment cases will be considered and their applications will be revived, if they are other‐ wise eligible.
All Female Candidates and Candidates Belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Physically Handi ‐ Caped Categories are Exempted From Payment of Fee. no Fee Exemption is, However, Available to Obc Candidates and They are Required to Pay The Prescribed Fee In full.
Physically handicapped persons are exempted from the payment of fee provided they are otherwise eligible for appointment to the Services / Posts to be filled on the results of this examination on the basis of the standards of medical fitness for these Services / Posts ( including any concessions specifically extended to the physically handicapped ). A physically handicapped candidate claiming age relaxation / fee concession will be required by the Commission to submit along with their Detailed Application Form, a certified copy of the certificate from a Government hospital / Medical Board in support of his claim for being physically handicapped.
NOTE : Notwithstanding the aforesaid provision for age relaxation / fee exemption, a physically handicapped candidate will be considered to be eligible for appointment only if he / she ( after such physical examination as the Government or the appointing authority, as the case may be, may prescribe) is found to satisfy the requirements of physical and medical standards for the concerned Services / Posts to be allocated to Physically Handicapped candidates by the Government.
NOTE : Applications without the prescribed fee ( unlessre mission of fee is claimed ) shall be summarily rejected.
Important Instructions for Applying UPSC ESE Online Exam 2018
Candidates to Ensure their Eligibility for the UPSC ESE Examination 2018
The candidates applying for the UPSC ESE examination 2018 should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the UPSC Indian Engineering examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
Mere issue of UPSC ESE Exam e-Admission Certificate 2018 to the candidate will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Union Public Service Commission. Union Public Service Commission take up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for UPSC IES Interview / Personality Test 2018.
How to Apply for ESE Exam 2018
Candidates are required to apply Online IES Exam 2018 only by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in. Brief instructions for filling up IES Exam 2018 online applications are available on the above mentioned website.
Last Date for Submission of UPSC ESE Applications 2018
The UPSC ESE Exam 2018 Online Applications can be filled upto 23rd October, 2017 till 18.00 hours after which the link will be disabled.
The eligible candidates shall be issued an UPSC ESE Exam e-Admission Certificate 2018 three weeks before the commencement of the IES examination. The e-Admission Certificate for IES Exam 2018 will be made available in the UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. All the applicants are requested to provide valid & active e-mail i.d. while filling up Online application form for UPSC IES Exam 2018 as the Union Public Service Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
Penalty for Wrong Answers ( in Objective Type Papers )
Candidates should note that there will be penalty ( Negative Marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
Facilitation Counter and Website for Guidance of Candidates
In case of any guidance / information / clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc., candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near Gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone Nos. 011-23385271 / 011-23381125 / 011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs. and 17.00 hrs. The Union Public Service Commission also has Website at address : www.upsc.gov.in over which the candidates can obtain details of the Indian Engineering examination as well as information about registration of their applications, venue of the IES examination and results etc.
Special Instructions for UPSC IES Exam 2018
Candidates are advised to read carefully “Special Instructions to the Candidates for Conventional Type Tests and Objective Type Tests” ( Appendix III Part A and Part B ). For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet [ Answer Sheet ] in objective type papers, candidates must use black ball pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or ink pen.
Candidates should note that any omission / mistake / discrepancy in encoding / filling of details in the OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection.
Candidates in the category of visually impaired are advised not to apply for IES Exam 2018 as no vacancies are earmarked / identified for them for the Services / Posts included in Engineering Services Examination, 2018.
Mobile phones not permitted
- Mobiles phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the UPSC Indian Engineering examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future IES examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones / pagers or any valuable / costly items to the venue of the Indian Engineering Examination, as arrangements for safekeeping cannot be assured. Union Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
Candidates are required to apply UPSC IES Exam 2018 only through Online mode.
UPSC Engineering Service Exam 2018 : Exam Date – Eligibility – Qualification – Application Last Date – Exam Scheme – General Ability Syllabus – Civil Engg. Syllabus – Mechanical Engg. Syllabus – Electrical Engg. Syllabus – Electronics Telecommunication Engg. Syllabus – Exam Center