Important Instructions for applying Engineering Services Examination Online 2015
1. Candidates to Ensure their Eligibility for the IES Examination 2015 :
The candidates applying for the examination for Indian Engineering Service 2015 should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the IES Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the IES examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
Mere issue of e-Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Union Public Service Commission take up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for IES Interview / Personality Test.
2. Online Application for Indian Engineering Services Exam 2015
Candidates are required to apply IES Exam 2015 Online only by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in. Brief instructions are given in Appendix-II. Detailed instructions for filling up online applications for IES Exam 2015 are available on the above mentioned website.
3. Last Date for Receipt of IES Online Applications 2015 :
The Online applications for Indian Engineering Service Exam 2015 can be filled upto 10th April, 2015 ( 10.04.2015 ) till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
4. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the IES examination. The e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website [ www.upsc.gov.in ] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. All the applicants are requested to provide valid & active e-mail i.d. while filling up Online application form for Indian Engineering Service Exam 2015 as the Union Public Service Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
5. Penalty for Wrong Answers ( in Objective Type Papers ) :
Candidates should note that there will be penalty ( Negative Marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
6. Facilitation counter and website for guidance of candidates :
In case of any guidance / information / clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc., candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near Gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone Nos.011-23385271 / 011-23381125 / 011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs. and 17.00 hrs.
The Union Public Service Commission also has Website at address : www.upsc.gov.in over which the candidates can obtain details of the IES examination as well as information about registration of their applications, venue of the Indian Engineering Service examination and results etc.
7. Special Instructions for applying IES Exam 2015 :
Candidates are advised to read carefully “Special Instructions to the Candidates for Conventional Type Tests and Objective Type Tests” ( Appendix III Part A and Part B ). For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet [ Answer Sheet ] in objective type papers, candidates must use black ball pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or ink pen.
Candidates should note that any omission / mistake / discrepancy in encoding / filling of details in the OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection.
Candidates in the Category of visually impaired are advised not to apply for IES examination as no vacancies are earmarked / identified for them for the Services / Posts included in Engineering Services Examination, 2015.
8. Mobile phones not permitted :
- Mobiles phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the Indian Engineering Service examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones / pagers or any valuable / costly items to the venue of the UPSC IES examination, as arrangements for safekeeping cannot be assured. Union Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
Candidates are required to apply only through Online mode.
Instructions to the Candidates for Filling Online Applications
Candidates must apply online by using website www.upsconline.in Salient Features of the system of Online Application Form are given hereunder :
- Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned website.
- Candidates will be required to complete the Online Application Form containing two stages viz. Part-I and Part-II as per the instructions available in the above mentioned site through drop down menu.
- The candidates are required to pay a fee of 200/- ( Rupees Two Hundred Only ) [ excepting SC / ST / Female / PH candidates who are exempted from payment of fee ] either by remitting the money in any branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India / State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur / State Bank of Hyderabad / State Bank of Mysore / State Bank of Patiala / State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa / Master Credit / Debit Card.
- Before start filling up Online Application, a candidate must have his / her photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format in such a manner that each file should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB in size for the photograph and 1 KB for the signature.
- The Online Applications ( Part I and II ) can be filled from 14th March, 2015 to 10th April, 2015 till 11.59 p.m., after which link will be disabled.
- Applicants should avoid submitting multiple applications. However, if due to any unavoidable circumstances any applicant submits multiple applications then he must ensure that the applications with higher RID is complete in all respects.
- In case of multiple applications, the applications with higher RID shall be entertained by the commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- The applicants must ensure that while filling their application form, they are providing their valid and active E-mail IDs as the commission may use electronic mode of communication while contracting them.
- The applicants are advised to check their emails at regular intervals and ensure that the email address ending email@example.com are directed to their inbox folder and not to the SPAM folder or any other folder.
- Candidates are strongly advised to apply Online well in time without waiting for the last date for submission of Online Application.