UPSC ESE Exam 2017 Educational Qualifications
3. For admission to the Indian Engineering Service Examination, a candidate must have,
- Obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or
- Passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers ( India ); or
- Obtained a degree / diploma in Engineering from such foreign University / College / Institution and under such conditions as may be recognized by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers ( India ); or
- Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III / Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959.
Provided that a candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service ( Electronics Engineering Posts ) and Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’ may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely :
M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.
Note 1 : A candidate who has appeared at an examination the passing of which would render him / her educationally qualified for Indian Engineering Services examination, but has not been informed of the result, may apply for admission to the examination. A candidate who intends to appear at such a qualifying examination may also apply. Such candidates will be admitted to the examination, if otherwise eligible, but their admission would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation, if they do not produce proof of having passed the requisite qualifying examination alongwith the Detailed Application Form which will be required to be submitted by the candidates who qualify on the result of written part of the examination.
Note 2 : In exceptional cases, the Union Public Service Commission may treat a candidate, who has not any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule, as educationally qualified provided that he / she has passed examinations conducted by other institutions the standard of which in the opinion of the Union Public Service Commission justifies his / her admission to the examination.
Note 3 : A candidate who is otherwise qualified but who has taken a degree from a foreign University which is not recognized by Government, may also apply to the Union Public Service Commission and may be admitted to the examination at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission.
IV. UPSC ESE Medical Examination 2017
Candidates finally recommended by the Union Public Service Commission on the basis of Engineering Services Examination, 2017 shall be required to undergo medical examination.
- Every candidate, on being finally recommended by Union Public Service Commission will be required to undergo ESE medical examination as and when so decided by the Ministry of Railways ( Railway Board ) irrespective of the fact that he / she has appeared for such medical examination in the past and found fit / unfit on the basis of earlier examination.
- The UPSC ESE medical examination will be conducted at various Railway Hospitals under Ministry of Railways ( Railway Board ). Other additional instructions for candidates are listed at Annexure – II. The findings of the Railways Medical Board will be taken as final and binding for all allotment purposes.
V. UPSC ESE Exam Physical Standards 2017 :
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Engineering Services Examination, 2017 as per guidelines given in Appendix – II of the Rules for the Engineering Services Examination, 2017 published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 28th September, 2016.
4. UPSC ESE Exam Application Fee 2017 : Candidates ( Excepting Female / SC / ST / PH candidates who are exempted from payment of fee ) are required to pay a fee of 200/- ( Rupees Two hundred only ) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI / State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur / State Bank of Hyderabad / State Bank of Mysore / State Bank of Patiala / State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa / Master Credit / Debit card.
Note 1 : Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay in Slip during Part – II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only “Pay by Cash” mode option will be deactivated at 23:59 hours of 25th October, 2016 ( 23:59 hours ) i.e. one day before the extended last date for submission of online application. However, applicants who have generated their Pay-in-Slip before it is de-activated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date. Such applicants who are unable to pay by cash on the closing date i.e. during banking hours at SBI Branch, for reason whatsoever, even if holding a valid Pay-in-Slip, will have no other offline option but to opt for online Debit / Credit Card or Internet Banking Payment mode on the closing date i.e till 23.59 hours on 26th October, 2016.
Note 2 : Candidates should note that payment of ESE Exam Fee 2017 can be made only through the modes prescribed above. Payment of ESE 2017 Exam Fee through any other mode is neither valid nor acceptable. Applications submitted without the prescribed fee / mode ( unless remission of fee is claimed ) shall be summarily rejected.
Note 3 : UPSC ESE Exam Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
Note 4 : For the applicants in whose case payments details have not been received from the bank, they will be treated as fictitious payment cases and their applications will be rejected in the first instance. A list of all such applicants shall be made available on the Union Public Service Commission website within two weeks after the last day of submission of UPSC ESE online application 2017. The applicant shall be required to submit the proof of their fee payment within 10 days from the date of such communication either by hand or by speed post to the UPSC Commission. On receipt of documentary proof, genuine fee payment cases will be considered and their applications will be revived, if they are otherwise eligible.
All Female candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Physically Handicapped categories are exempted from payment of fee. No Fee exemption is, however, available to OBC candidates and they are required to pay the prescribed fee in full.
Physically handicapped persons are exempted from the payment of fee provided they are otherwise eligible for appointment to the Services / Posts to be filled on the results of IES examination on the basis of the standards of medical fitness for these Services / Posts ( including any concessions specifically extended to the physically handicapped ). A physically handicapped candidate claiming age relaxation / fee concession will be required by the UPSC Commission to submit along with their Detailed Application Form, a certified copy of the certificate from a Government hospital / Medical Board in support of his claim for being physically handicapped.
Note : Notwithstanding the aforesaid provision for age relaxation / fee exemption, a physically handicapped candidate will be considered to be eligible for appointment only if he / she ( after such physical examination as the Government or the appointing authority, as the case may be, may prescribe ) is found to satisfy the requirements of physical and medical standards for the concerned Services / Posts to be allocated to Physically Handicapped candidates by the Government.
Note : Applications without the prescribed fee ( unless remission of fee is claimed ) shall be summarily rejected.
UPSC Engineering Service Exam 2017 : Exam Date – Eligibility – Application – Application Last Date – Exam Scheme – General Ability Syllabus – Civil Engg. Syllabus – Mechanical Engg. Syllabus – Electrical Engg. Syllabus – Electronics Telecommunication Engg. Syllabus – Exam Center