UPSC ESE Exam 2016 Online Application Form
Important Notice for IES Exam 2016
|UPSC ESE 2016 Exam Date : 27.05.2016|
|UPSC ESE 2016 Online Application Issue Date : 27.02.2016|
|UPSC ESE 2016 Online Application Last Date Extended upto 31.03.2016|
How to Apply for ESE Exam 2016
- Candidates are required to UPSC ESE Exam Apply Online 2016 using the link http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions for filling up UPSC ESE Exam online applications 2016 are available on the above mentioned website.
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he / she submits another / multiple applications, then he / she must ensure that Indian Engineering Services application 2016 with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, IES examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications for IES Exam 2016 should note that only the applications with higher RID ( Registration ID ) shall be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- All candidates, whether already in Government Service, or in Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment, should apply Online direct to the Union Public Service Commission. Persons, already in Government service whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as work-charged employees other than causal or daily rated employees or those serving under public enterprises are, however, required to inform their Head of Office / Department that they have applied for the IES Examination. Candidates should note that in case communication is received from their employer by the Union Public Service Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for / appearing at the UPSC IES Examination, their application will be liable to be rejected / candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
Note 1 : While filling in his / her application form for IES Exam 2016, the candidate should carefully decide about his / her choice for the centre and engineering discipline for the IES examination. If any candidate appears at a centre / Engineering Discipline other than the one indicated by the Union Public Service Commission in his / her E-Admission Certificate papers of such a candidate will not be valued and his / her candidature will be liable to cancellation.
Note 2 : Suitable provisions for information regarding use of scribes by the blind candidates and candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy where dominant ( writing ) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function ( Minimum of 40% impairment ) have been made in the online application.
Note 3 : Incomplete or defective applications shall be summarily rejected. No representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstances. Candidates are not required to submit hard copy / print out of their application to the Union Public Service Commission at this stage.
The candidates applying for the Indian Engineering Services Examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Indian Engineering Services Examination. Their admission at all the stages of ESE examination for which they are admitted by the Union Public Service Commission viz. Written Examination for UPSC ESE 2016 and Interview Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the IES Written examination or Interview Test, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the ESE Exam 2016 eligibility conditions, their candidature of the Engineering Services Examination will be cancelled by the Union Public Service Commission. Candidates are requested to keep ready the attested copies of the following documents for submission to the Union Public Service Commission soon after the declaration of the results of the IES written Examination 2016 which is likely to be declared in the month of December 2016.
- Certificate of Age.
- Certificate of Educational Qualification.
- Certificate in support of claim to belong to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes, wherever applicable.
- Certificate in support of claim for age / fee concession, wherever applicable.
Immediately after the declaration of the UPSC ESE Written Results, successful candidates will be intimated the Union Public Service Commission electronically and they shall be asked to submit Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) online. The successful candidates have to send the print out of IES Exam 2016 DAF with each page duly signed along with the attested copies of the above mentioned certificates to the Union Public Service Commission at that time. Originals will have to be produced at the time of interview. The UPSC ESE interview letter to the candidates may also be issued electronically.
If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Union Public Service Commission in terms of Rule 11 of the Rules for Engineering Services Examination, 2016 notified in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 27th February, 2016 and also reproduced below :
A candidate who is or has been declared by the Union Public Service Commission to be guilty of :
- Obtaining support for his candidature by any means; or
- Impersonating; or
- Procuring impersonation by any person; or
- Submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with; or
- Making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information; or
- Resorting to any other irregular or improper means in connection with his candidature for the IES examination; or
- Using unfair means during the Indian Engineering Services examination; or
- Writing irrelevant matter including obscene language or pornographic matter in the script(s); or
- Misbehaving in any other manner in the IES examination hall; or
- Harassing or doing bodily harm to the staff employed by the Union Public Service Commission for the conduct of their examinations; or
- Being in possession of or using any cellular / mobile phone / pager / bluetooth or any other electronic equipment or device or any other equipment capable of being used as a communication device during the IES examination; or
- Violating any of the instructions issued to candidates along with their admission certificate permitting them to take the IES examination; or
- Attempting to commit or as the case may be abetting the Union Public Service Commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses. May in addition to rendering himself liable to criminal prosecution, be liable :
- To be disqualified by the Union Public Service Commission from the examination for which he / she is a candidate; and / or
- To be debarred either permanently or for a specified period :
- By the Union Public Service Commission from any examination or selection held by them;
- By the Central Government from any employment under them; and
- If he / she is already in service under Government to disciplinary action under the appropriate rules :
Provided that no penalty under this rule shall be imposed except after -
- Giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation in writing as he / she may wish to make on that behalf, and
- Taking the representation if any submitted by the candidate, within the period allowed to him / her into consideration.
Important Instructions for Applying UPSC ESE Online Exam 2016
1. Candidates to Ensure their Eligibility for the UPSC ESE Examination 2016 :
The candidates applying for the UPSC ESE examination 2016 should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the UPSC Indian Engineering examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
Mere issue of UPSC ESE Exam e-Admission Certificate 2016 to the candidate will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Union Public Service Commission. Union Public Service Commission take up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for UPSC IES Interview / Personality Test 2016.
2. How to Apply for ESE Exam 2016
Candidates are required to apply Online IES Exam 2016 only by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in. Brief instructions are given in Appendix – II. Detailed instructions for filling up IES Exam 2016 online applications are available on the above mentioned website.
3. Last Date for Submission of UPSC ESE Applications 2016 :
The UPSC ESE Exam 2016 Online Applications can be filled upto 31.03.2016 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
4. The eligible candidates shall be issued an UPSC ESE Exam e-Admission Certificate 2016 three weeks before the commencement of the IES examination. The e-Admission Certificate for IES Exam 2016 will be made available in the UPSC website [ www.upsc.gov.in ] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. All the applicants are requested to provide valid & active e-mail i.d. while filling up Online application form for UPSC IES Exam 2016 as the Union Public Service Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
5. Penalty for Wrong Answers ( in Objective Type Papers ) :
Candidates should note that there will be penalty ( Negative Marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
6. Facilitation Counter and Website for Guidance of Candidates :
In case of any guidance / information / clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc., candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near Gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone Nos. 011-23385271 / 011-23381125 / 011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs. and 17.00 hrs. The Union Public Service Commission also has Website at address : www.upsc.gov.in over which the candidates can obtain details of the Indian Engineering examination as well as information about registration of their applications, venue of the IES examination and results etc.
7. Special Instructions for UPSC IES Exam 2016 : Candidates are advised to read carefully “Special Instructions to the Candidates for Conventional Type Tests and Objective Type Tests” ( Appendix III Part A and Part B ). For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet [ Answer Sheet ] in objective type papers, candidates must use black ball pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or ink pen.
Candidates should note that any omission / mistake / discrepancy in encoding / filling of details in the OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection.
Candidates in the category of visually impaired are advised not to apply for IES Exam 2016 as no vacancies are earmarked / identified for them for the Services / Posts included in Engineering Services Examination, 2016.
8. Mobile phones not permitted :
- Mobiles phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the UPSC Indian Engineering examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future IES examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones / pagers or any valuable / costly items to the venue of the Indian Engineering Examination, as arrangements for safekeeping cannot be assured. Union Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
Candidates are required to apply UPSC IES Exam 2016 only through Online mode.
UPSC Engineering Services Exam E Admit Card download from 06.05.2016 to 27.05.2016.
Important Instructions :
1. Check the e-Admit Card carefully and bring discrepancies, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately.
2. Mention your Name, Roll Number, Registration ID and Name & Year of the Examination in all the correspondence with UPSC.
3. Bring this e-Admit Card in each session to secure admission to Examination Hall. e-Admit Card may be preserved till the declaration of written result.
4. You are responsible for safe custody of the e-Admit Card and in the event of any other person using this e-Admit Card, the onus lies on you to prove that you have not used the service of any impersonator.
5. Enter the Examination Hall 20 minutes before the scheduled commencement of the examination.
6. You will not be admitted to the examination if you report 10 minutes after the scheduled commencement of the examination.
7. If you appear at a centre / sub-centre other than the one indicated by the Commission in your e-Admit Card, your answer scripts will not be evaluated and your candidature is liable to be cancelled.
8. Please Read the “Instructions at Appendix-III &” “Rules for the Examination” Published in the Employment News and “Poster containing instructions displayed outside the Examination Hall.
9. Your candidature to the examination is provisional.
10. Battery operated pocket calculators of “non programmable” type are permitted for use during conventional type papers only.
11. There will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type Question Papers.
12. Candidates are advised to bring Black Ball Point Pen for objective type Papers to the Examination Hall.
13. Answers other than those made by BLACK BALL POINT PEN for objective type Papers would not be evaluated.
Important Instructions for Disability Candidates :
Instructions regarding availing of Compensatory Time and / or Scribes by candidates with Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy where the dominant ( writing ) is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function ( Minimum 40% impairment )
1. The Engineering Services Examination 2016 will be held on 27.05.2016, 28.05.2016 & 29.05.2016. On 27.05.2016, there is only one session in the morning i.e. 9.00 AM to 11.00 AM. The Examination on 28.5.2016 and 29.5.2016 will be held in two sessions. Each session on 28.05.2016 will be of two hours duration ( 09.00 AM – 11.00 AM & 2.00 PM – 4.00 PM ) while each session on 29.05.2016 will be of three hours duration ( 09.00 AM – 12.00 Noon & 2.00 PM – 500 PM ).
2. However, candidates with Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy ( LDCP ) having impairment ( to the extent of 40% or more ) in dominant ( writing ) extremity are entitled to 20 Minutes per hour as compensatory time to answer each of these papers and also utilize the services of scribes for writing the papers during each session on all three days.
3. The candidates with Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy ( LDCP ) having impairment ( to the extent of 40% or more ) in dominant ( writing ) extremity are required to submit an “Undertaking” in the prescribed proforma, to be supplied at the venue of the examination by the venue supervisor, to clearly indicate whether he / she has availed compensatory time in each of paper.
4. Such candidates also have the option to either bring their own scribes or to seek deployment of scribes for them by the Commission to write the examination.
5. On the basis of such option exercised by the LDCP candidates, e-Admission Certificate would be generated in respect of the scribe to be brought by the candidate for each Paper.
6. Candidates who have exercised the option to bring his / her own scribe should note that such scribe would not be allowed entry, in the examination hall to assist him / her, without valid e-Admission Certificate.
7. Every LDCP candidate will have one scribe sitting opposite to him / her and one Invigilator sitting alongside the scribe.
8. The scribe brought by the candidate should clearly read out the instructions for candidates, as printed on the Question-cum-answer Booklet, and candidate should ensure that the said instructions are also meticulously followed by the scribe while writing the answers on his / her behalf.
9. The scribe will read out the questions to the candidate and on the instructions of the candidate, the scribe will write the answers. The candidate should clearly indicate to the scribe what is to be written so that the scribe can write the answers accordingly in blue/black pen in the answer Booklets.
10. The invigilator will ensure that only the answers spelt out by the candidate are written on the answer Booklets.
11. The scribe will make no gestures, sounds or any other form of communication designed to indicate to the candidate the correctness or otherwise of an answer being recorded by him. Any such attempt should entail disqualification of candidate and stringent action against both candidate and scribe.
12. The scribe will be required to furnish his / her particulars, i.e. name, address, educational qualifications, etc. in the prescribed “proforma” to be supplied at the examination hall by the venue supervisor. The particulars furnished by the scribe will have to be certified by him as true and correct before the commencement of the examination. The scribe will also have to sign a declaration that he/he has read the Commission’s instructions regarding the examination in respect of LDCP candidates and he/she undertakes to abide by these instructions.
13. The candidature shall be subject to the compliance of the Rules / instructions of the Examination and any violation of the same will attract an action against the concerned candidate.
UPSC Engineering Service Exam 2016 : Exam Date – Eligibility – Qualification – Application Last Date – Exam Scheme – General Ability Syllabus – Civil Engg. Syllabus – Mechanical Engg. Syllabus – Electrical Engg. Syllabus – Electronics Telecommunication Engg. Syllabus – Exam Center