Combined Defence Service Examination I – UPSC CDS I 2017 Exam Scheme
A. Scheme of CDS Examination 2017
1. The Competitive examination comprises :
- UPSC Combined Defence Services I 2017 Written examination as shown in para 2 below.
- UPSC CDS 1 2017 Interview for intelligence and personality test ( vide Part ‘B’ of this Appendix ) of such candidates as may be called for interview at one of the Services Selection Centres.
2. The subjects of the UPSC Combined Defence Services 1 2017 written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows :
(a) For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy.
|2||General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|3||Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
(b) For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy
|2||General Knowledge||2 Hrs||100|
The maximum marks allotted to the UPSC Combined Defence Services I 2017 written examination and to the interviews will be equal for each course i.e. the maximum marks allotted to the UPSC Combined Defence Services I 2017 written examination and to the interviews will be 300, 300, 300 and 200 each for admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers’ Training Academy respectively.
3. The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers ( Test Booklets ) of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set in bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
4. In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures only will be set.
5. Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.
|CDS I 2017 Online Practice Test Series
50+ Test, containing Mock, Previous year solved papers & Subject wise Test @ 451/-
6. The Union Public Service Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the UPSC Combined Defence Service I examination.
7. The candidates are not permitted to use calculator for answering objective type papers ( Test Booklets ). They should not therefore, bring the same inside the Examination Hall.