UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination I – CDS Exam I 2017 Eligibility
- Nationality : A candidate must either be :
- A Citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal. A candidate in whose case a certificate of CDS Exam eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him / her by the Govt. before declaration of result by UPSC.
- CDS 2 Exam 2017 Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status :
- For IMA – Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1994 and not later than 1st January, 1999 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy – Unmarried Male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1993 and not later than 1st January, 1999 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy – 20 to 24 Years as on 1st January, 2018 i.e. born not earlier than 02 January, 1994 and not later than 01 January, 1998 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 Years. i.e. born not earlier than 02 January, 1992 and not later than 01 January 1998) only are eligible.
Note : Candidate below 25 years of age must be unmarried. Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live out with family out of the premises.
- For Officers Training Academy – (SSC Course for Men) : Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 2nd January, 1993 and not later than 1st January, 1999 only are eligible.
- For Officers Training Academy – (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1993 and not later than 1st January, 1999.
Note : Male divorcee / widower candidates cannot be treated as unmarried male for the purpose of their admission in IMA / INA / AFA courses and accordingly they are not eligible for these courses. The date of birth accepted by the Union Public Service Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.
CDS I 2017 Online Practice Test Series
50+ Test, containing Mock, Previous year solved papers & Subject wise Test @ 451/-
These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written part of the CDS I examination 2017. No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted.
The expression Matriculation / Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above. Sometimes the Matriculation / Higher Secondary Examination Certificate does not show the date of birth, or only shows the age by completed years or completed years and months. In such cases a candidate must send in addition to the self attested / certified copy of Matriculation / Higher Secondary Examination Certificate a self attested / certified copy of a certificate from the Headmaster / Principal of the Institution from where he / she passed the Matriculation / Higher Secondary Examination showing the date of his / her birth or exact age as recorded in the Admission Register of the institution.
Note 1 : Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation / Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Union Public Service Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Note 2 : Candidates should also note that once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Union Public Service Commission for the purpose of admission to an examination, no change will be allowed subsequently or at a subsequent examination on any ground whatsoever.
Note 3 : The candidates should exercise due care while entering their date of birth. If on verification at any subsequent stage any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Union Public Service Commission under the rules.
- Educational Qualifications for CDS I 2017 Exam :
- For I.M.A. and Officers Training Academy : Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering from a recognised University / Institution.
- For Air Force Academy : Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering. Graduates with first choice as Army / Navy / Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB. Candidates who are studying in the final year / Semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog upto the last semester / year for which results have been declared upto the time of submission of application and they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of SSB to reach the following address : Army HQ / Rtg. CDSE Entry, West Block III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi – 110 066. In case of IMA / SSC first choice candidates and Naval HQ “DMPR”, ( OI & R Section ) Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 011 in case of Navy first choice candidates and PO3 (A) / Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi – 110 011 in case of Air Force first choice candidates by the following dates failing which their candidature will stand cancelled :
- For admission to IMA on or before 01st January, 2018, Indian Naval Academy on or before 01st January, 2018 and Air Force Academy on or before 13th November, 2017.
- For admission to Officer’s Training Academy, Chennai on or before 1st April, 2018.. Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognised by government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees would also be eligible for admission to the CDS I examination 2017. In exceptional cases the Union Public Service Commission may treat a candidate, who does not possess any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule as educationally qualified provided that he / she possesses qualifications, the standard of which in the opinion of the UPSC Commission, justifies his / her admission to the CDS examination.
Note I : Candidates, who have yet to pass their degree examination will be eligible only if they are studying in the final year of degree examination. Those candidates who have yet to qualify in the final year Degree Examination and are allowed to appear in the UPSC Examination should note that this is only a special concession given to them. They are required to submit proof of passing the Degree examination by the prescribed date and no request for extending this date will be entertained on the grounds of late conduct of basic qualifying University Examination, delay in declaration of results or any other ground whatsoever.
Note II : Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of Union Public Service Commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible for admission to the Combined Defence Services Examination I 2017 and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.
Note III : In the event of Air Force candidates being suspended from Flying Training for failure to learn flying, they would be absorbed in the Navigation Branch of the IAF. This will be subject to availability of vacancies and fulfilling the laid down qualitative requirements (including 60% in graduation).