8. UPSC CDS Exam 2013 Announcement of Results
Announcement of the CDS Written Examination II Results 2013, Interview of qualified candidates, announcement of final results for CDS Exam and admission to the training courses of the finally qualified candidates.
The Union Public Service Commission shall prepare a list of candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the CDS written examination 2013 as fixed by the Union Public Service Commission in their discretion.
Candidates who are declared successful in the Combined Defence Services written exam 2013 will be detailed for intelligence and personality test at the Service Selection Board based on their preference, by the respective service HQ.
Results of the CDS test conducted by the Service Selection Board will hold good for all the courses ( i.e. Indian Military Academy ( DE ) Course, Dehradun, Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala Course, Air Force Academy ( Pre-Flying ) Course, Hyderabad and SSC ( NT ) Course at OTA, Chennai ) for which the candidate has qualified in the CDS 2013 written exam, irrespective of the service HQ conducting it.
Two-stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test has been introduced at Service Selection Boards. All the candidates will be put to stage one test on first day of reporting at Combined Defence Service Selection Centres.
Only those candidates who qualify at stage one will be admitted to the second stage / remaining tests and all those who fail to pass stage one, will be returned. Only those candidates who qualify at stage two will be required to submit photocopy each of :
- Matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth.
- Bachelors Degree / Provisional Degree alongwith mark sheets of all the years / semesters in support of educational qualification. Candidates will appear before the Services Selection Board and undergo the test there at their own risk and will not be entitled to claim any compensation or other relief from Government in respect of any injury which they may sustain in the course of or as a result of any of the tests given to them at the Services Selection Board whether due to the negligence of any person or otherwise. Candidates will be required to sign a certificate to this effect on the form appended to the CDS Exam 2013 application.
To be acceptable, candidates should secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in :
- Combined Defence Service written examination and
- SSB test as fixed by the Union Public Service Commission and Service Selection Board respectively in their discretion. The candidates will be placed in the order of merit on the basis of the total marks secured by them in the written examination for CDS 2013 and in the S.S.B. tests.
The form and manner of communication of the result of the CDS examination II 2013 to individual candidates shall be decided by the Union Public Service Commission in their discretion and the Commission will not enter into correspondence with them regarding the result.
Success at the CDS II 2013 examination confers no right of admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy or the Officers’ Training Academy as the case may be. The final selection will be made in order of merit subject to medical fitness and suitability in all other respects and number of CDS II 2013 vacancies available.
Every candidate for the Air Force and Naval Aviation is given Pilot Aptitude Test only once. The Grade secured by him at the first test will therefore hold good for every subsequent interview at the Air Force Selection Board. Those who have failed Indian Navy Selection Board / Pilot Aptitude Battery Test earlier and those who habitually wear spectacles are not eligible for Air Force.
There are three modes of entry into F (P) course viz. CDSE / NCC / Airmen. Candidates who apply for the Air Force through more than one source will be tested / interviewed at the Air Force Selection Boards only once for Air Force. Common candidates who fail in INSB / PAB tests as an NCC or Airmen candidate will be called again for OLQ testing for Army / Navy / OTS only if it is found that they have applied through CDS Exam 2013.
Candidates who qualify in the Combined Defence Service written examination for IMA ( D.E ) Course and / or Navy ( S.E ) Course and / or Air Force Academy course irrespective of whether they have also qualified for SSC Course or not will be detailed for SSB test in February to March, 2014 and candidates who qualify for SSC Course only will be detailed for SSB tests in April to June, 2014.
9. Disqualification for Admission to the CDS Exam Training Course :
Candidates who were admitted to an earlier course at the National Defence Academy, Indian Military Academy, Air Force Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai but were removed therefrom on disciplinary ground will not be considered for admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy or for grant of Short Service Commission in the Army.
Candidates who were previously withdrawn from the Indian Military Academy for lack of officer-like qualities will not be admitted to the Indian Military Academy.
Candidates who were previously selected as Special Entry Naval Cadets but were withdrawn from the National Defence Academy or from Naval Training establishments for lack of Officer-like qualities will not be eligible for admission to the Indian Navy.
Candidates who were withdrawn from Indian Military Academy, Officers’ Training Academy, NCC and Graduate course for lack of Officer-like qualities will not be considered for grant of Short Service Commission in the Army.
Candidates who were previously withdrawn from the NCC and Graduates’ course for lack of Officer-like qualities will not be admitted to the Indian Military Academy.
10. Restrictions on Marriage during Training in the Indian Military Academy or in the Indian Naval Academy or in the Air Force Academy :
Candidates for the Indian Military Academy Course or Indian Naval Academy Course or Air Force Academy Course or Women candidates joining Officers’ Training Academy must undertake not to marry until they complete their Combined Defence Services full training.A candidate who marries subsequent to the date of his / her CDS Exam application though successful at this or any subsequent examination will not be selected for CDS training. A candidate who marries during Combined Defence Service training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him / her by the government.
No male candidate for the Short Service Commission Course (a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living or (b) who having a spouse living has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person shall be eligible for admission to the Officers’ Training Academy / grant of Short Service Commission.
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such persons and the other party to the marriage and there are other grounds for doing so exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
11. Other restrictions during CDS training in the Indian Military Academy or in the Naval Academy or in the Air Force Academy :
After admission to the Indian Military Academy or the Indian Naval Academy or the Air Force Academy, candidates will not be considered for any other Union Public Service Commission. They will also not be permitted to appear for any interview or examination after they have been finally selected for CDS training in the Indian Military Academy or the Indian Naval Academy or the Air Force Academy.
12. No request for withdrawal of candidature received from a candidate after he / she has submitted his / her Combined Defence Service Exam 2013 application will be entertained under any circumstances.