Combined Defence Services Examination II – CDS Exam II 2014 Pay Scale
UPSC CDS Exam 2 2014 Pay Scale
- Pay Scale of Army Officers and equivalent ranks in Air Force and Navy
(i) Pay (a) Rank Pay Band ( ) Lt. to Major 15,600-39,100 ( PB-3 ) Lt. Col. to Maj Gen. 37,400-67,000 ( PB-4 ) Lt. Gen. HAG Scale 67,000/- ( annual increment @ 3% ) - 79.000 HAG Scale* (* Admissible to 1/3rd of total strength of Lt. Gens) 75,500/- ( annual increment @ 3% ) - 80,000 VCO / AS / Army Cdr / Lt Gen ( NFSG ) 80,000/- ( Fixed ) COAS 90,000/- ( Fixed )
- In addition to pay, Grade pay will also be given as under :
Lt. 5400/- Capt 6100/- Maj 6600/- Lt. Col 8000/- Col. 8700/- Brig. 8900/- Maj. Gen. 10000/-
Due to restructuring of the officer’s cadre on recommendations of AVS committee, promotion period has been reduced and Time Scale promotion has been increased upto the rank of Col ( equivalent ) and rank of Lt Col ( TS ) has been abolished. Col ( TS ) ( equivalent ) is entitled to Grade pay of 8700/- P.M.
- A Fixed sum of 6000/- PM is also payable as Military Service Pay ( MSP ) to the officers from the rank Lt. to Brig.
- Stipend during training at Service Academies : Fixed Stipend 21,000/- per month ( 15,600/- as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of 5,400/- ) for the entire duration of training.
- Qualification Pay and Grant.
Officers possessing certain prescribed qualifications are entitled to lumpsum Qualification Grant of 6,000/-, 9000/-, 15000/- or 20,000/- based on the qualification held by them.The Army Aviators ( Pilots ) serving in Army Aviation Corps are entitled to the Qualification Pay, based on the Qualification held by them as under :
- Master Aviation Instructor 500/- p.m.
- Senior Aviation Instructor Class I – 400/- p.m.
- Senior Aviation Instructor Class II – 280/- p.m.
- Aviators holding Master Green Card – 400/- p.m.
- Aviators holding Green Card – 280/- p.m.
The Army Aviators ( Pilots ) serving in the Army Aviation Corps are entitled to flying allowance as under :
- Brig. and above 10,500/-
- Maj to Col 14,000/-
- Capt and Equivalent 11,000/-
- Lt and Equivalent 9,000/-
Other Allowances :
- Dearness Allowances are admissible at the same rates and under the same conditions as are applicable to the Civilian Gazetted Officers from time to time.
- A kit maintenance allowance of 400/- p.m.
- Depending upon rank and area of posting, Officers posted to Field Areas will be eligible for compensatory Highly active Field Area Allowance at the rate of 6,780/- to 8,400/- p.m., Compensatory Field Area Allowance at the rate of 4,200/- to 5,200/- p.m. and Compensatory Modified Field Area Allowance at the rate of 1,600/- to 2,000/- p.m.
- In addition to the Compensatory Field Area Allowance, officers posted to areas situated at a height of 9,000 ft and above are entitled for High Altitude Allowance in the range of 1,060 p.m. to 11,200 pm depending upon rank of the officer and place of posting.
- Siachen Allowance at the rate of 14,000/- per month will be admissible in addition to Compensatory Field Area Allowance to officers of all ranks. This allowance is, however, not admissible in conjunction with High Altitude / Uncongenial climate allowance.
- Uniform allowance : Initial allowance for a one time kit @ 14,000/- and 3,000/- for every three years.
- Free rations are provided to all officers.
- Transport allowance : Transport allowance @ 3,200/- + DA thereon p.m. in A-1/A class cities and 1,600/- + DA thereon p.m. at other places shall be admissible to officers.
- Children Education Allowance.
- In the case of allowances specific to Defence Forces, the rates of these allowances have been further enhanced by 25% as Dearness Allowance has gone up by 50%.
- State Govt. of Sikkim has approved a cash incentive of
(A) For candidates joining the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun :
- Before the candidate joins the Indian Military Academy.
- He will be required to sign a certificate to the effect that he fully understands that he or his legal heirs shall not be entitled to claim any compensation or other relief from the Government in respect of any injury which he may sustain. In the course of or as a result of the training or where bodily infirmity or death results in the course of or as a result of a surgical operation performed upon or anaesthesia administrated to him for the treatment of any injury received as aforesaid or otherwise.
- His parent or guardian will be required to sign a bond to the effect that if for any reason considered within his control, the candidate wishes to withdraw before the completion of the course or fails to accept a commission if offered; he will be liable to refund the whole or such portion of the cost of tuition, food, clothing and pay & allowances, received as may be decided upon by Government.
- Candidates finally selected will undergo a course of training for about 18 months. Candidates will be enrolled under the Army Act as gentlemen cadets. Gentlemen cadets will be dealt with the ordinary disciplinary purposes under the rules and regulations of the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun.
- While, the cost of training including accommodations, books, uniforms, boarding and medical treatment will be borne by Government, candidates will be expected to meet their pocket expenses themselves. The minimum expenses at the Indian Military Academy are not likely to exceed 200.00 per month. If a cadet’s parent or guardian is unable to meet wholly or partly even this expenditure financial assistance may be granted by the Government. Gentlemen / Lady Cadets undergoing training at Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy and corresponding training establishments in Navy and Air Force, in whose cases the income of Parents / guardians does not exceed 1500/- ( under revision ) per month are eligible for financial assistance.In case of parents / guardians whose income exceeds 1500/- ( under revision ) per month but does not exceed 2000/- ( under revision ) per month, the same financial assistance will be given in respect of all the sons / wards if there are more than one son / ward simultaneously undergoing training in one or more than one of the above institutions irrespective of the fact whether the institutions are under the same service or not. The immovable property and other assets and income from all sources are also taken into account for determining the eligibility for financial assistance. The parent / guardian of a candidate desirous of having any financial assistance, should, immediately after his son / ward has been finally selected for training at the Indian Military Academy, submit an application through the District Magistrate of his District who will with his recommendation forward the application to the Commandant, Indian Military Academy, Dehradun.
- Candidate finally selected for training at the Indian Military Academy will be required to deposit the following amount with the Commandant on arrival :
- Pocket allowance for 1000.00 five months @ 200.00 per month.
- For item of clothing 2750.00 and equipment.
- Total 3750.00.
Out of the amount mentioned above the following is refundable to the cadets in the event of financial assistance being sanctioned to them.
Pocket allowance of five months 1000.00 month @ 200.00 per mont