UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination II – CDS Exam II 2016 Online Application Form
Online Application Form Issue Date for CDS Exam II 2016 : 16th July, 2016.
Online Application Form Last Date for CDS Exam II 2016 : 12th August, 2016
Candidates are required to apply Online for CDS Exam II 2016 by using the link http://www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up CDS Exam II 2016 Online applications are available on the above mentioned website.
The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however if due to any unavoidable situation, if he / she submits another / multiple applications, then he / she must ensure that application for CDS Exam II 2016 with the higher RID ( Registration ID ) is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID ( Registration ID ) shall be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
All candidates whether already in Government Service including candidates serving in the Armed Forces, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment should submit their applications online for CDS Exam 2016 direct to the Union Public Service Commission.
N.B. : I Persons already in Government service, whether in permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are, however, required to inform their Head of Office / Department in writing that they have applied for the Combined Defence Services II 2016 Examination.
N.B. : II Candidates serving in the Armed Forces are required to inform their Commanding Officer in writing that they have applied for CDS II 2016 examination. They are also required to submit NOC in this regard at the time of SSB interview.
Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Union Public Service Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for / appearing at the CDS II 2016 examination, their applications for Combined Defence Services Exam 2016 will be liable to be rejected / candidatures will be liable to be cancelled.
Note : Applications for CDS Exam II 2016 without the prescribed fee ( Unless remission of fee is claimed as in Para 4 Above ) Or Incomplete applications shall be summarily rejected.
No representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstances. Candidates are not required to submit along with their Combined Defence Services applications any certificate in support of their claims regarding age, educational qualifications, Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / OBC and fee remission etc.
The candidates applying for the CDS examination II 2016 should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Combined Defence Service examination. Their Admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Union Public Service Commission viz. written examination and CDS Interview Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
If on verification at any time before or after the CDS II 2016 written examination or Interview Test, it is found that they do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the Combined Defence Services examination will be cancelled by the Union Public Service Commission. Candidates are advised to keep ready the following documents in original alongwith their attested copies soon after the declaration of the result of the written part of the CDS examination II 2016 which is likely to be declared in the month of December, 2016 for submission to the Army HQ / Naval HQ / Air HQ as the case may be :
(1) Matric / Higher Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent showing date of birth.
(2) Degree / Provisional degree certificate / marks sheet showing clearly having passed degree examination and eligible for award of degree. In the first instance all qualified candidates eligible for SSB interview will carry their original Matric / Higher Secondary School certificate as also their Degree / provisional Degree certificate / marks sheet with them while going to the Services Selection Centres for SSB interview.
Candidates who have not yet qualified the final year Degree examination must carry with them a certificate in original from the Principal of the College / Institution stating that the candidate has appeared / is appearing at the final year Degree examination. Candidates who do not carry the above certificates with them while going to the Services Selection Centres shall not be allowed to appear for the SSB interview.
No relaxation for non-submission of the above certificates in original at the selection centre is allowed, and candidates who do not carry with them any of these certificates in original will not be permitted to appear for their SSB test and CDS interview and they will be sent back home at their own expense. If any of their claims is found to be incorrect / false / fraud / fabricated they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Union Public Service Commission in terms of the following provisions :
A candidate who is or has been declared by the Union Public Service Commission to be guilty of :
- Obtaining support for his / her candidature by any means, or
- Impersonating, or
- Procuring impersonation by any person, or
- Submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with, or
- Making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information, or
- Resorting to any other irregular or improper means in connection with his / her candidature for the CDS examination, or
- Using unfair means during the Combined Defence Services examination, or
- Writing irrelevant matter, including obscene languages or pornographic matter, in the script(s), or
- Misbehaving in any other manner in the CDS examination hall, or
- Harassing or doing bodily harm to the Staff employed by the Union Public Service Commission for the conduct of their examination, or
- Being in possession of or using mobile phone, pager or any electronic equipment or device or any other equipment capable of being used as a communication device during the CDS examination, or
- Violating any of the instructions issued to candidates along with their Admission Certificates permitting them to take the CDS II examination, or
- Attempting to commit or as the case may be abetting the Union Public Service Commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses, may in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution be liable
- To be disqualified by the Union Public Service Commission from the examination for which he / she is a candidate and / or
- To be debarred either permanently or for a specified period
- By the Union Public Service Commission from any examination or selection held by them
- By the Central Government from any employment under them; and
- If he / she is already in service under Government to disciplinary action under the appropriate rules.
Provided that no penalty under this rule shall be imposed except after :
- Giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation, in writing as he / she may wish to make in that behalf; and
- Taking the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate within the period allowed to him / her into consideration.
Instructions to the candidates for filling Online Application for CDS II Exam 2016 :
Candidates are required to apply CDS Exam Online using the website www.upsconline.nic.in
Salient features of the system of CDS 2016 Exam Online Application Form are given hereunder :
Detailed instructions for filling up CDS Online Applications 2016 are available on the above mentioned website.
Candidates will be required to complete the Online application form containing two stages viz. Part-I and Part-II as per the instructions available in the above mentioned website through drop down menus.
The candidates are required to pay a fee of 200/- ( Rupees Two Hundred Only ) [ excepting SC / ST / Female candidates who are exempted from payment of fee ] either by remitting the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India / State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur / State Bank of Hyderabad / State Bank of Mysore / State Bank of Patiala / State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa / Master Credit / Debit Card.
Before start filling up Online Application, a candidate must have his / her photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format in such a manner that each file should not exceed 40 KB each and must not be less than 3 KB in size for the photograph and 1 KB for the signature.
The Online applications ( Part I and II ) can be filled from 16th July, 2016 to 12th August, 2016 till 11.59 p.m. after which link will be disabled.
Applicants should avoid submitting multiple applications. However, if due to any unavoidable circumstances any applicant submits multiple applications then he / she must ensure that the applications with higher RID is complete in all respects. In case of multiple applications, the applications with higher RID shall be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
The applicants must ensure that while filling their application form, they are providing their valid and active e-mail ids as the commission may use electronic mode of communication while contacting them at different stages of examination process. The applicants are advised to check their emails at regular intervals and ensure that the email address ending with @nic.in are directed to their inbox folder and not to the SPAM folder or any other folder.
Candidates are strongly advised to apply online well in time without waiting for the last date for submission of CDS 2016 Online Applications.