Combined Defence Services Examination I – UPSC CDS I Exam Centres 2015
The UPSC Combined Defence Services I Examination 2015 will be held at the following centres :
Area Code for Remote Areas and Abroad :
|Meghalaya||02||Jammu & Kashmir||09|
Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh
|Mizoram||04||Andaman & Nicobar Island||11|
Applicants should note that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the centres except Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur. Allotment of Centres will be on the first-apply-first-allot basis and once the capacity of a particular centre is attained, the same will be frozen. Applicants, who cannot get a centre of their choice due to ceiling, will be required to choose a Centre from the remaining ones. Applicants are, thus, advised that they may apply early so that they could get a Centre of their choice.
NB : Notwithstanding the aforesaid provision, Union Public Service Commission reserve the right to change the CDS 1 Exam centres at their discretion if the situation demands. Candidates admitted to the examination will be informed of the time table and place or places of examination. Candidates should note that no request for change of centre will be granted.
Note : While filling in his / her online Application Form, the candidates should carefully decide about his / her choice for the centre for the CDS 1 examination. If any candidate appears at a Centre / Paper other than the one indicated by the Union Public Service Commission in his / her Admission Certificate, the papers of such a candidate will not be valued and his / her candidature will be liable to cancellation.
Important Note for UPSC CDS Exam I 2015 :
1. Candidates to ensure their eligibility for the UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination I 2015 :
The candidates applying for the UPSC CDS I examination 2015 should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility condition for admission to the UPSC Combined Defence Services examination I 2015. Their admission at all the stages of the UPSC CDS examination I 2015 will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Union Public Service Commission.
Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents will be taken up only after the candidate has qualified for UPSC Combined Defence Services I 2015 Interview / Personality Test.
2. How to Apply Online for UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam I 2015 :
Candidates are required to apply UPSC CDS 1 Exam Online only, by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website. Brief instructions for filling up the Online Application form for UPSC CDS I 2015 Exam have been given in the Appendix II.
3. Last Date for Submission of Online Applications for UPSC CDS Exam I 2015 :
The Online applications for UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam I 2015 can be filled upto 08.12.2014 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
4. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card for CDS 1 Exam 2015 three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The UPSC CDS 1 Exam e-Admit Card 2015 will be made available on the UPSC website [ www.upsc.gov.in ] for downloading by candidates. No e-Admit Card will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail id. While filling up CDS 2015 online application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
5. Penalty for Wrong Answers :
Candidates should note that there will be penalty ( Negative Marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
6. For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet [ Answer Sheet ], candidates must use black ball pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or Ink pen. Candidates should note that any omission / mistake / discrepancy in encoding / filling of details in the OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection. Candidates are further advised to read carefully the “Special Instructions” contained in Appendix – III of the Notice.
7. Facilitation Counter for Guidance of Candidates :
In case of any guidance / information / clarification regarding their UPSC CDS Exam I 2015 application form, candidature etc. Candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near Gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone no. 011-23385271 / 011-23381125 / 011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
8. Mobile Phones Banned :
- Mobile phones, pagers, bluetooth or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the UPSC CDS examination I 2015 is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not be bring any of the banned items including mobile phones / pagers, bluetooth or any valuable / costly items to the venue of the examination, as arrangement for safekeeping cannot be assured.