Combined Defence Service Examination I 2013 Application Form – UPSC CDS Exam I 2013 Application Form
Candidates are required to apply UPSC CDS Exam I 2013 Online using the link http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications for UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam I 2013 are available on the above mentioned website. The applicants are advised to submit only single UPSC CDS Exam I 2013 application; however if due to any unavoidable situation, if he / she submits another / multiple applications, then he / she must ensure that application for UPSC CDS Exam I 2013 with the higher RID ( Registration ID ) is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc.
The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam I 2013 applications with higher RID ( Registration ID ) shall be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID. All candidates whether already in Government Service including candidates serving in the Armed Forces, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment should submit their UPSC CDS Exam I 2013 applications online direct to the Union Public Service Commission.
N.B.I : Persons already in Government service, whether in permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are, however, required to inform their Head of Office / Department in writing that they have applied for the UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination I 2013.
N.B. II : Candidates serving in the Armed Forces are required to inform their Commanding Officer in writing that they have applied for UPSC Combined Defence Service examination I 2013.
Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Union Public Service Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for / appearing at the UPSC CDS examination 1 2013, their applications will be liable to be rejected / candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
No representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstances. Candidates are not required to submit along with their applications for UPSC Combined Defence Services I Examination 2013 any certificate in support of their claims regarding Age, Educational qualifications, Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / OBC and fee remission etc.
The candidates applying for the UPSC Combined Defence Services I examination 2013 should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the UPSC CDS I examination 2013.
Their admission at all the stages of Combined Defence Services I examination 2013 for which they are admitted by the Union Public Service commission viz. Written examination and Combined Defence Services Exam I 2013 interview test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
If on verification at any time before or after the written examination for Combined Defence Services Exam I or interview test, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the UPSC CDS examination I 2013 will be cancelled by the Union Public Service Commission.
Candidates are advised to keep ready the following documents in original along with their attested copies soon after the declaration of the result of the written part of the UPSC CDS examination I 2013 which is likely to be declared in the month of May, 2013 for submission to the Army HQ / Naval HQ / Air HQ as the case may be :
1. Matric / Higher Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent showing date of birth.
2. Degree / Provisional degree certificate / marks sheet showing clearly having passed degree examination and eligible for award of degree.
In the first instance all qualified candidates eligible for SSB interview will carry their original Matric / Higher Secondary School certificate as also their Degree / provisional Degree certificate / marks sheet with them while going to the Services Selection Centres for UPSC SSB interview.
Candidates who have not yet qualified the final year Degree examination must carry with them a certificate in original from the Principal of the College / Institution stating that the candidate has appeared / is appearing at the final year Degree examination.
Candidates who do not carry the above certificates with them while going to the Services Selection Centres shall not be allowed to appear for the SSB interview. No relaxation for non-submission of the above certificates in original at the selection centre is allowed, and candidates who do not carry with them any of these certificates in original will not be permitted to appear for their SSB test and Combined Defence Services interview and they will be sent back home at their own expense.
If any of their claims is found to be incorrect / false / fraud / fabricated they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Union Public Service Commission in terms of the following provisions :
A candidate who is or has been declared by the Union Public Service Commission to be guilty of :
- Obtaining support for his / her candidature by any means, or
- Impersonating, or
- Procuring impersonation by any person, or
- Submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with, or
- Making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information, or
- Resorting to any other irregular or improper means in connection with his / her candidature for the Combined Defence Services examination I 2013, or
- Using unfair means during the UPSC CDS examination I 2013, or
- Writing irrelevant matter, including obscene languages or pornographic matter, in the script (s), or
- Misbehaving in any other manner in the UPSC CDS I examination hall, or
- Harassing or doing bodily harm to the Staff employed by the Union Public Service Commission for the conduct of their examination, or
- Being in possession of or using mobile phone, pager or any electronic equipment or device or any other equipment capable of being used as a communication device during the UPSC CDS examination I 2013, or
- Violating any of the instructions issued to candidates along with their Admission Certificates permitting them to take the Combined Defence Services examination I, or
- Attempting to commit or as the case may be abetting the Union Public Service Commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses, may in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution be liable :
- To be disqualified by the Union Public Service Commission from the UPSC CDS examination I 2013 for which he / she is a candidate and / or
- To be debarred either permanently or for a specified period
- By the Union Public Service Commission from any examination or selection held by them;
- By the Central Government from any employment under them; and
- If he / she is already in service under Government to disciplinary action under the appropriate rule.
Provided that no penalty under this rule shall be imposed except after,
1. Giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation, in writing as he / she may wish to make in that behalf; and
2. Taking the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate within the period allowed to him / her into consideration.