Combined Defence Services Examination I – UPSC CDS Exam I 2014 Acknowledgement of Application
Correspondence with the Commission / Army / Naval / Air Head Quarters.
The Union Public Service Commission will not enter into any correspondence with the candidates about their candidature except in the following cases :
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website [ www.upsc.gov.in ] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. For downloading the e-Admission Certificate / e-Admit Card the candidate must have his / her vital parameters like RID & Date of Birth or Roll No. ( if received ) & date of birth or name, father’s name & Date of Birth available with him / her.
- If a candidate does not receive his / her e-Admission Certificate or any other communication regarding his / her candidature for the UPSC Combined Defence Services examination I 2014 three weeks before the commencement of the examination, he / she should at once contact the Union Public Service Commission.
Information in this regard can also be obtained from the Facilitation Counter located in the Union Public Service Commission’s Office either in person or over phone Nos. 011-23381125 / 011-23385271 / 011-23098543.
In case no communication is received in the Union Public Service Commission’s Office from the candidate regarding non-receipt of his / her e-Admission Certificate atleast 3 weeks before the UPSC CDS examination I 2014, he / she himself / herself will be solely responsible for non-receipt of his / her e-Admission Certificate.
No candidate will ordinarily be allowed to take the UPSC CDS examination I 2014 unless he / she holds an e-admission certificate for the UPSC Combined Defence Services examination I 2014. On receipt of Admission Certificate, check it carefully and bring discrepancies / errors, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately.
The courses to which the candidates are admitted will be according to their eligibility as per age and educational qualifications for different courses and the preferences given by the candidates.
The candidates should note that their admission to the UPSC CDS examination I 2014 will be purely provisional based on the information given by them in the UPSC CDS Exam I 2014 application form.
This will be subject to verification of all the eligibility conditions.
- If a candidate receives an e-admission certificate in respect of some other candidate on account of handling error, the same should be immediately brought to the notice of the Union Public Service Commission with a request to issue the correct e-Admission Certificate.
Candidates may note that they will not be allowed to take the UPSC Combined Defence Services examination I 2014 on the strength of an e-Admission Certificate issued in respect of another candidate.
- The decision of the Union Public Service Commission as to the acceptance of the application for UPSC CDS Exam I 2014 of a candidate and his / her eligibility or otherwise for admission to the Examination shall be final.
- Candidates should note that the name in the e-Admission Certificate in some cases, may be abbreviated due to technical reasons.
- A candidate must ensure that their e-mail IDs given in their application are valid and active.