Combined Defence Services Examination I – UPSC CDS Exam I 2015 Acknowledgement of Application
Correspondence with the Commission / Army / Naval / Air Head Quarters.
The Union Public Service Commission will not enter into any correspondence with the candidates about their candidature except in the following cases :
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the CDS I examination 2015. The e-Admit Card for Combined Defence Services Exam will be made available in the UPSC website [ www.upsc.gov.in ] for downloading by candidates. No e-Admit Card will be sent by post. For downloading the e-Admit Card the candidate must have his / her vital parameters like RID & Date of Birth of Roll No. ( if received ) & date of birth or name, father’s name & Date of Birth available with him / her.
- If a candidate does not receive his / her e-Admit Card or any other communication regarding his / her candidature for the UPSC Combined Defence Services examination I 2015 three weeks before the commencement of the examination, he / she should at once contact the Union Public Service Commission. Information in this regard can also be obtained from the Facilitation Counter located in the Union Public Service Commission’s Office either in person or over phone Nos. 011-23381125 / 011-23385271 / 011-23098543.
In case no communication is received in the Union Public Service Commission’s Office from the candidate regarding non-receipt of his / her e-Admission Certificate atleast 3 weeks before the UPSC CDS examination I 2015, he / she himself / herself will be solely responsible for non-receipt of his / her e-Admit Card.
No candidate will ordinarily be allowed to take the UPSC CDS examination I 2015 unless he / she holds an e-admit card for the UPSC Combined Defence Services examination I 2015. On receipt of Admission Certificate, check it carefully and bring discrepancies / errors, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately.
The courses to which the candidates are admitted will be according to their eligibility as per age and educational qualifications for different courses and the preferences given by the candidates.
The candidates should note that their admission to the UPSC CDS examination I 2015 will be purely provisional based on the information given by them in the UPSC CDS Exam I 2015 application form.
This will be subject to verification of all the eligibility conditions.
- If a candidate receives an e-admit card in respect of some other candidate on account of handling error, the same should be immediately brought to the notice of the Union Public Service Commission with a request to issue the correct e-Admit Card. Candidates may note that they will not be allowed to take the UPSC Combined Defence Services examination I 2015 on the strength of an e-Admit Card issued in respect of another candidate.
- The decision of the Union Public Service Commission as to the acceptance of the application for UPSC CDS Exam I 2015 of a candidate and his / her eligibility or otherwise for admission to the Examination shall be final.
- Candidates should note that the name in the e-Admit Card in some cases, may be abbreviated due to technical reasons.
- Candidates must ensure that their e-mail IDs given in their applications are valid and active.