UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination II – CDS Exam II 2016
|CDS II Exam 2016 Online Application Issue Date : 16th July, 2016|
|CDS II Exam 2016 Online Application Last Date Submission : 12th August, 2016|
|CDS II Examination Date 2016 : 23rd October, 2016|
( Including SSC Women ( Non-Technical ) Course )
A Combined Defence Services Examination ( CDS Exam II 2016 ) will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 23rd October, 2016 for admission to the under mentioned courses.
Name of the Course and Approximate No. of Vacancies in CDS 2016
|Sl.No||Name of the Course||Approximate No. of Vacancies|
|1.||Indian Military Academy, Dehradun 143rd Course commencing in July, 2017 [ including _ vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate ( Army Wing ) holders ].||-|
|2.||Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala-Course Commencing in July, 2017 Executive ( Hydro / General Service ) ( including _ vacancies reserved for NCC 'C' Certificate holders ( Naval Wing ).||-|
|3.||Indian Air Force Academy, Hyderabad ( Pre-Flying ) Training Course commencing in July, 2017 i.e. No.202/16 F/PC Course.||-|
|4.||Officers Training Academy, Chennai, 106th SSC Course ( for Men ) commencing in October, 2017.||-|
|5.||Officers Training Academy, Chennai 20th SSC Women ( Non-Technical ) Course commencing in October, 2017.||-|
Note i : The date of holding the examination as mentioned above is liable to be changed at the discretion of the commission.
Note ii : The number of vacancies in Combined Defence Services given above is tentative and may be changed at any stage by Services H.Q.
Note : I
a. A candidate is required to specify clearly in respective column of the Online Application for CDS Exam II 2016 the Services for which he / she wishes to be considered in the order of his / her preference. A male candidate is advised to indicate as many preferences as he wishes to, subject to the condition given at paras (b) and (c) below, so that having regard to his rank in the order of merit due consideration can be given to his preferences when making appointment. Since women candidates are eligible for OTA only, they should give OTA as their first and only preference.
- If a male candidate is competing for Short Service Commission ( Army ) only, he should indicate OTA as the one and only choice. However, a male candidate competing for Short Service Commission Course at OTA as well as permanent commission course at IMA, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy should indicate OTA as his last preference, otherwise OTA will be deemed to be the last choice even if it is given a higher preference by the candidate.
- Women candidates are being considered only for Short Service Commission at OTA. They should indicate OTA as the only choice.
c. Candidates who desire to join Air Force Academy must indicate AFA as first choice, as they have to be administered pilot aptitude battery test at one of the AFSB and AF Medical at Central Medical Establishment / Institute of Aviation Medicines. Choice exercised for AFA as second / third etc. will be treated as invalid.
d. Candidates should note that, except as provided in N.B. (II) below, they will be considered for appointment to those courses only for which they exercise their preference and for no other course(s).
e. No request for addition / alteration in the preferences already indicated by a candidate in his / her application will be entertained by the Commission. No change of choice once exercised will be allowed. Second choice will come for consideration only when the first choice is not offered to the candidate by Services HQ. When first choice is offered and a candidate declines the same, his / her candidature will be cancelled for all other choices for regular commission.
N.B. (II) : The left-over candidates of IMA / Indian Naval Academy / Air Force Academy courses viz, those who have been recommended by the Union Public Service Commission for grant of permanent commission on the basis of the final results of CDS II Examination 2016, but who could not be inducted on these courses for any reason whatsoever may be considered for grant of SSC even if they have not indicated their choice for this course in their applications, if they are subsequently willing to be considered for this course subject to the following conditions :
- There is a shortfall after detailing all the candidates who competed for the SSC Course; and
- The candidates who are detailed for training even though they have not expressed their preference for SSC will be placed in the order of Merit List after the last candidate who had opted for this Course, as these candidates will be getting admission to the Course to which they are not entitled according to the preference expressed by them.
- Candidates with Air Force as first and only choice cannot be considered as left over for grant of SSC ( OTA ) if they fail in Computer Pilot Selection System ( CPSS ) and / or Pilot Aptitude Battery Test. Such candidates, if they desire to be considered for SSC ( OTA ) should exercise their option for OTA also.
Note – 1 :
NCC ‘C’ Certificate ( Army Wing / Senior Division Air Wing / Naval Wing ) holders may also compete for the vacancies in the Short Service Commission Course but since there is no reservation of vacancies for them in this course, they will be treated as general candidates for the purpose of filling up vacancies in this course. Candidates who have yet to pass NCC ‘C’ Certificate ( Army Wing / Senior Division Air Wing / Naval Wing ) examination, but are otherwise eligible to compete for the reserved vacancies, may also apply but they will be required to submit the proof of passing the NCC ‘C’ Certificate ( Army Wing / Senior Division Air Wing / Naval Wing ) examination to reach the Army HQ / Rtg. CDSE Entry for SSC male candidates and SSC women entry for female candidates West Block-III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi – 110 066 in case of IMA / SSC first choice candidates and IHQ of MoD NAV ( IO & R Section ), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 011 in case of Navy first choice candidates and PO 3 (A) / Air Headquarters, J Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi – 110 011 in case of Air Force first choice candidates.
To be eligible to compete for reserved vacancies the candidates should have served for not less than two academic years in the Senior Division Army Wing and three academic years in the Senior Division Air Wing / Naval Wing of National Cadet Corps and should not have been discharged from the NCC for more than 24 months for IMA / Indian Naval Academy / Air Force Academy courses on the last date of receipt of Application in the Union Public Service Commission’s Office.
Note – 2 : In the event of sufficient number of qualified NCC ‘C’ Certificate ( Army Wing / Senior Division Air Wing / Naval Wing ) holders not becoming available on the results of the examination to fill all the vacancies reserved for them in the Indian Military Academy Course / Air Force Academy Course / Indian Naval Academy Course, the unfilled reserved vacancies shall be treated as unreserved and filled by general candidates. Admission to the above courses will be made on the results of the written examination to be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission followed by intelligence and personality test by the Services Selection Board of candidates who qualify in the written examination. The details regarding the :
- Scheme, standard, syllabus of the CDS II 2016 examination.
- Instructions to candidates for filling up the Online Application Form for CDS Exam II 2016.
- Special instructions to candidates for objective type tests.
- Guidelines with regard to physical standards for admission to the Academy and
- Brief particulars of services etc. for candidates joining the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers’ Training Academy are given in Appendices I, II, III, IV, V respectively.