UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination – IAS Examination Date 2018
Preliminary Examination of the Civil Services Examination for recruitment to the Services and Posts mentioned below will be held by the Union Public Service Commission on 3rd June, 2018 in accordance with the Rules published by the Department of Personnel & Training in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 7th February, 2018.
1. Indian Administrative Service.
2. Indian Foreign Service.
3. Indian Police Service.
4. Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
5. Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
6. Indian Revenue Service ( Customs and Central Excise ) Group ‘A’.
7. Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
8. Indian Revenue Service ( I.T. ), Group ‘A’.
9. Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ ( Assistant Works Manager, Administration ).
10. Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
11. Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
12. Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
13. Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
14. Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
15. Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’.
16. Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
17. Indian Information Service ( Junior Grade ), Group ‘A’.
18. Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ ( Grade-III ).
19. Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’.
20. Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ ( Section Officer’s Grade ).
21. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
22. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
23. Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
24. Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
Candidates to Ensure their Eligibility for the Civil Services Preliminary Examination
The Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to examination. Their admission to all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. The Commission takes up verification of eligibilityconditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for Interview / Personality Test.
IAS Civil Services Exam Online Application Form 2018
Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website. Brief Instructions for filling up the “Online Application Form”.
Last Date for Receipt of IAS Civil Services Preliminary Exam Online Applications 2018
The online Applications can be filled up to 6th March, 2018 till 6:00 PM. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e- Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post.
Penalty for Wrong Answers
Candidates should note that there will be penalty ( negative marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
Facilitation Counter for Guidance of Candidates
In case of any guidance / information / clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271 / 011-23381125 / 011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
Mobile Phones Banned
The use of any mobile phone ( even in switched off mode ), pager or any electronic equipment or programmable device or storage media like pen drive, smart watches etc. or camera or blue tooth devices or any other equipment or related accessories either in working or switched off mode capable of being used as a communication device during the examination is strictly prohibited. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from futureexaminations
Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones / pagers to the venue of the examination, as arrangement for safe-keeping cannot be assured.
Candidates are advised not to bring any valuable / costly items to the Examination Halls, as safe-keeping of the same cannot be assured. Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard