UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination – IAS Examination Date 2016
Preliminary Examination of the Civil Services Examination for recruitment to the Services and Posts mentioned below will be held by the Union Public Service Commission on 7th August, 2016 in accordance with the Rules published by the Department of Personnel & Training in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 27th April, 2016.
Indian Civil Services / Posts to which recruitment is to be made through the IAS Preliminary Examination 2016 are as follows :
1. Indian Administrative Service.
2. Indian Foreign Service.
3. Indian Police Service.
4. Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
5. Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
6. Indian Revenue Service ( Customs and Central Excise ) Group ‘A’.
7. Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
8. Indian Revenue Service ( I.T. ), Group ‘A’.
9. Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ ( Assistant Works Manager, Administration ).
10. Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
11. Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
12. Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
13. Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
14. Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
15. Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’.
16. Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
17. Indian Information Service ( Junior Grade ), Group ‘A’.
18. Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ ( Grade-III ).
19. Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’.
20. Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ ( Section Officer’s Grade ).
21. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
22. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
23. Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
24. Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
1. Candidates to Ensure their Eligibility for the Civil Services Preliminary Examination : The Candidates applying for the IAS Civil Services Preliminary Examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to Civil Services Preliminary Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the Civil Services Preliminary Examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
Mere issue of admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Union Public Service Commission. Union Public Service Commission take up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for Civil Services Interview / Personality Test.
2. IAS Civil Services Exam Online Application Form 2016 : Candidates are required to apply Civil Services Exam Online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in.
3. Last Date for Receipt of IAS Civil Services Preliminary Exam Online Applications 2016 : The Online Applications for Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2016 can be filled up to 27th May, 2016 till 11.59 P.M. after which the link will be disabled.
4. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the Civil Services Preliminary examination 2016. The e-Admission Certificates for Civil Services Preliminary Exam will be made available in the UPSC website ( www.upsc.gov.in ) for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate for Civil Service Exam 2016 will be sent by post.
5. Penalty for Wrong Answers : Candidates should note that there will be penalty ( negative marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
6. Facilitation Counter for Guidance of Candidates : In case of any guidance / information / clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271 / 011-23381125 / 011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
7. Mobile Phones Banned :
- Mobile phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2016 is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future Civil Services Preliminary Examination.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones / pagers to the venue of the Civil Services Preliminary Examination, as arrangement for safe-keeping cannot be assured.
8. Candidates are advised not to bring any valuable / costly items to the UPSC Examination Halls, as safe-keeping of the same cannot be assured. Union Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.