UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination – IAS Examination Date 2015
IAS Civil Services Preliminary Examination for recruitment to the Services and Posts mentioned below will be held by the Union Public Service Commission on 23.08.2015 in accordance with the Rules published by the Department of Personnel & Training in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 16.05.2015.
Indian Civil Services / Posts to which recruitment is to be made through the IAS Preliminary Examination 2015 are as follows :
1. Indian Administrative Service.
2. Indian Foreign Service.
3. Indian Police Service.
4. Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
5. Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
6. Indian Revenue Service ( Customs and Central Excise ) Group ‘A’.
7. Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
8. Indian Revenue Service ( I.T. ), Group ‘A’.
9. Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ ( Assistant Works Manager, Administration ).
10. Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
11. Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
12. Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
13. Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
14. Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
15. Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’.
16. Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
17. Indian Information Service ( Junior Grade ), Group ‘A’.
18. Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ ( Grade-III ).
19. Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’.
20. Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ ( Section Officer’s Grade ).
21. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
22. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
23. Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
General Instructions for IAS Preliminary as well as IAS Main Examination 2015 :
1. Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances, will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write the answers for them. However, blind candidates will be allowed to write the UPSC Civil Services examination with the help of a scribe. Blind candidates will also be allowed an extra time of thirty minutes at each paper @ ten minutes per hour.
2. An extra time of twenty minutes per hour shall be permitted for the candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy where dominant ( writing ) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function ( minimum of 40% impairment ) in the Civil Services ( Main ) Examination only. However, no scribe shall be permitted to such candidates.
Note 1 : The eligibility conditions of a scribe, his / her conduct inside the UPSC examination hall and the manner in which and extent to which he / she can help the blind candidate in writing the Civil Services Examination shall be governed by the instructions issued by the UPSC in this regard. Violation of all or any of the said instructions shall entail the cancellation of the candidature of the blind candidate in addition to any other action that the UPSC may take against the scribe.
Note 2 : For purpose of these rules the candidate shall be deemed to be a blind candidate if the percentage of visual impairment is Forty Percent 40% or more. The criteria for determining the percentage of visual impairment shall be as follows :
|Better eye||Worse eye|
|Category O||6 / 9 - 6 / 18||6 / 24 to 6 / 36||20%|
|Category I||6 / 18 - 6 / 36||6 / 60 to nil||40%|
|Category II||6 / 60 - 4 / 60 or field of vision 10 - 20°||3 / 60 to nil||75%|
|Category III||3 / 60 - 1 / 60 or field of vision 10°||F.C. at 1 ft to nil||100%|
|Category IV||F.C. at 1 ft to nil field of vision 100°||F.C. at 1 ft to nil field of vision 100°||100%|
|One eyed person||6 / 6||F.C. at 1 ft to nil||30%|
Note 3 : For availing of the concession admissible to a blind candidate, the candidate concerned shall produce a certificate in the prescribed proforma from a Medical Board constituted by the Central / State Governments alongwith his application for the IAS Civil Services Main Examination.
Note 4 :
- The concession admissible to blind candidates shall not be admissible to those suffering from Myopia.
- The Union Public Service Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the Civil Service examination.
- If a candidate’s handwriting is not easily legible, a deduction will be made on this account from the total marks otherwise accruing to him.
- Marks will not be allotted for mere superficial knowledge.
- Credit will be given for orderly, effective and exact expression combined with due economy of words in all subjects of the Civil Services examination.
- In the question papers, wherever required, SI units will be used.
- Candidates should use only international form of Indian numerals ( i.e . 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc. ) while answering question papers.
- Candidates will be allowed the use of Scientific ( Non-Programmable type ) Calculators at the conventional ( Essay ) type examination of UPSC. Programmable type calculators will however not be allowed and the use of such calculators shall tantamount to resorting to unfair means by the candidates. Loaning or interchanging of calculators in the UPSC Examination Hall is not permitted. It is also important to note that candidates are not permitted to use calculators for answering objective type papers ( Test Booklets ). They should not therefore, bring the same inside the Union Public Service Commission Examination Hall.
C. Interview Test : The candidate will be interviewed by a Board who will have before them a record of his / her career. He / she will be asked questions on matters of general interest. The object of the interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for a career in public service by a Board of competent and unbiased observers. The test is intended to judge the mental calibre of a candidate. In broad terms this is really an assessment of not only his / her intellectual qualities but also social traits and his / her interest in current affairs. Some of the qualities to be judged are mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, balance of judgement, variety and depth of interest, ability for social cohesion and leadership, intellectual and moral integrity.
2. The technique of the interview is not that of a strict cross-examination but of a natural, though directed and purposive conversation which is intended to reveal the mental qualities of the candidate.
3. The interview test is not intended to be a test either of the specialised or general knowledge of the candidates which has been already tested through their written papers. Candidates are expected to have taken an intelligent interest not only in their special subjects of academic study but also in the events which are happening around them both within and outside their own state or country as well as in modern currents of thought and in new discoveries which should rouse the curiosity of well educated youth.
1. Candidates to Ensure their Eligibility for the Civil Services Preliminary Examination : The Candidates applying for the IAS Civil Services Preliminary Examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to Civil Services Preliminary Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the Civil Services Preliminary Examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
Mere issue of admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Union Public Commission. Union Public Service Commission take up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for Civil Services Interview / Personality Test.
2. IAS Civil Services Exam Online Application Form 2015 : Candidates are required to apply Civil Services Exam Online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions for filling up Civil Services Exam Online applications are available on the above mentioned website. Brief Instructions for filling up the “Online Application Form” given in Appendix-II.
3. Last Date for Receipt of IAS Civil Services Preliminary Exam Online Applications 2015 : The Online Applications for Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2015 can be filled up to 12.06.2015 till 11.59 P.M. after which the link will be disabled.
4. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the Civil Services Preliminary examination 2015. The e-Admission Certificates for Civil Services Preliminary Exam will be made available in the UPSC website ( www.upsc.gov.in ) for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate for Civil Service Exam 2015 will be sent by post.
5. Penalty for Wrong Answers : Candidates should note that there will be penalty ( negative marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
6. Facilitation Counter for Guidance of Candidates : In case of any guidance / information / clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271 / 011-23381125 / 011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
7. Mobile Phones Banned :
- Mobile phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2015 is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future Civil Services Preliminary Examination.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones / pagers to the venue of the Civil Services Preliminary Examination, as arrangement for safe-keeping cannot be assured.
8. Candidates are advised not to bring any valuable / costly items to the UPSC Examination Halls, as safe-keeping of the same cannot be assured. Union Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard. Candidates are required to apply Civil Services Exam 2015 only through Online mode. No other mode for submission of Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2015 applications is allowed.