Civil Services Preliminary Examination – IAS Exam 2015 Online Application Form
Candidates can download their E Admit Card for Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2015 from 27.07.2015 to 23.08.2015
- Check the e-Admit Card carefully and bring discrepancies, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately.
- Mention your Name, Roll Number, Registration ID and Name & Year of the Examination in all the correspondence with UPSC.
- Bring this e-Admit Card in each session to secure admission to Examination Hall.
- You are responsible for safe custody of the e-Admit Card and in the event of any other person using this e-Admit Card, the onus lies on you to prove that you have not used the service of any impersonator.
- Enter the Examination Hall 20 minutes before the scheduled commencement of the examination.
- Candidates should note that any omission / mistake / discrepancy in encoding / filling in details in the OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection.
- You will not be admitted to the examination if you report 10 minutes after the scheduled commencement of the examination.
- If you appear at a centre / sub-centre other than the one indicated by the Commission in your e-Admit Card, your answer scripts will not be evaluated and your candidature is liable to be cancelled.
- Read the “Special Instructions for candidates admitted to the examination” given in “Rules for the Examination” published in the Employment News and “Poster” containing instructions displayed outside the Examination Hall.
- Your candidature to the examination is provisional.
- Mobile Phones, Calculators, IT Gadgets and any other Communication device such as Bluetooth etc. are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any Infringements of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
- There will be penalty ( Negative Marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type Question Papers.
- Answers other than those made by Black Ball Point Pen would not be evaluated.
- Candidates are advised not to bring any valuables/costly items and bags to the Examination Halls, as safe keeping of the same can not be assured. The Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
- Candidates who do not have clear photographs on the e-admit card will have to bring a photo identity proof viz. Adhar Card, Driving Licence, Passport,Voter I Card etc. and two passport size photographs one for each session for appearing in the examination with an undertaking.
- Orthopedically / Visually Impaired candidates, who have opted for their own scribe, may note that their own scribe will be allowed for the exam only with a separate e-Admit Card for such scribe. The e-Admit Cards for the own scribes will be issued separately.
Also Visit for UPSC IFS Exam 2015
|Online Application Form Issue Date for Civil Services IAS Exam 2015 : 23.05.2015|
|Online Application Form Last Date for Civil Services IAS Exam 2015 : 19.06.2015|
- Candidates are required to apply Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2015 Online using the UPSC website http://www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up Civil Services Preliminary Exam Online applications 2015 are available on the above mentioned website. The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he / she submits another / multiple applications, then he / she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID ( Registration ID ) shall be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- All candidates, whether already in Government Service, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organisations or in private employment should submit their applications direct to the Union Public Service Commission. Persons already in Government Service, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as workcharged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are however, required to submit an undertaking that they have informed in writing their Head of Office / Department that they have applied for the Examination. Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for / appearing at the examination, their application will be liable to be rejected / candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
Note 1 : While filling in his / her Application Form for Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2015, the candidate should carefully decide about his / her choice of centre for the IAS examination.
If any candidate appears at a centre other than the one indicated by the Union Public Services Commission in his / her Admission Certificate, the papers of such a candidate will not be evaluated and his / her candidature will be liable to cancellation.
Note 2 : Suitable provisions for information regarding use of scribes by the blind candidates and candidates with Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy where dominant ( writing ) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function ( minimum of 40% impairment ) have been made in the online application at the time of the initial online application itself.
Note 3 : Candidates appearing in CS(P) Examination, 2015 will be required to indicate information such as (a) detail of centres for Civil Services ( Main ) Examination and Indian Forest Service ( Main ) Examination (b) Optional subject to be selected for the examination, (c) medium of examination for Civil Services ( Main ) Examination and (d) compulsory Indian Language for Civil Services ( Main ) Examination at the time of the filling up online application itself.
Note 4 : Candidates are not required to submit alongwith their Civil Services applications 2015 any certificate in support of their claims regarding Age, Educational Qualifications, Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Classes and Physically disabled etc. which will be verified at the time of the Civil Services Main examination only. The candidates applying for the Civil Services Preliminary Examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Civil Services Preliminary Examination.
Their admission at all the stages of Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2015 for which they are admitted by the Union Public Service Commission viz. Civil Services Preliminary Examination, Civil Services Main ( Written ) Examination and Interview Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the Civil Services Preliminary Examination, Civil Services Main ( written ) Examination and Civil Services Interview Test, it is found that they do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the Civil Services Preliminary Examination will be cancelled by the Union Public Service Commission. If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Union Public Service Commission in terms of Rule 14 of the Rules for the Civil Services Examination, 2015 reproduced below :
A candidate who is or has been declared by the Union Public Service Commission to be guilty of :
- Obtaining support for his / her candidature by the following means, namely :
- Offering illegal gratification to, or
- Applying pressure on, or
- Blackmailing, or threatening to blackmail any person connected with the conduct of the Civil Services Preliminary Examination, or
- Impersonating, or
- Procuring impersonation by any person, or
- submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with, or
- Making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information, or
- Resorting to the following means in connection with his / her candidature for the Civil Services examination, namely
- Obtaining copy of question paper through improper means,
- Finding out the particulars of the persons connected with secret work relating to the Civil Services examination.
- Influencing the examiners, or
- Using unfair means during the Civil Services Preliminary examination, or
- Writing obscene matter or drawing obscene sketches in the scripts, or
- Misbehaving in the Civil Services examination hall including tearing of the scripts, provoking fellow examinees to boycott examination, creating a disorderly scene and the like, or
- Harassing or doing bodily harm to the staff employed by the Union Public Service Commission for the conduct of their examinations, or
- Being in possession of or using mobile phone, paper or any electronic equipment or device or any other equipment capable of being used as a communication device during the Civil Services Preliminary Examination; or
- Violating any of the instructions issued to candidates along with their Admission Certificates permitting them to take the Civil Services examination; or
- Attempting to commit or as the case may be abetting the UPSC commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses;
may in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be liable;
- To be disqualified by the Union Public Service Commission from the examination for which he / she is a candidate and / or
- To be debarred either permanently or for a specified period
- By the UPSC Commission from any examination or selection held by them;
- By the Central Government from any employment under them; and
- If he / she is already in service under Government to disciplinary action under the appropriate rules.
Provided that no penalty under this rules shall be imposed except after
- Giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation, in writing as he / she may wish to make in that behalf; and
- Taking the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate within the period allowed to him / her into consideration.
- Obtaining support for his / her candidature by the following means, namely :
Important Notes for Applying IAS Examination 2015
1. Candidates to ensure their Eligibility for the IAS Civil Services Examination 2015 : The Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to IAS examination. Their admission to all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Union Public Service Commission. UPSC Commission take up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for Interview / Personality Test.
2. How to Apply Online for IAS Exam 2015 : Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website. Brief Instructions for filling up the “Online Application Form” given in Appendix-II.
3. Last Date for receipt of Applications for IAS 2015 : The online Applications can be filled up to 19th June, 2015 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
4. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the IAS examination. The IAS e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website [ www.upsc.gov.in ] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate for IAS Exam will be sent by post.
5. Penalty for Wrong Answers : Candidates should note that there will be penalty ( negative marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
6. Facilitation Counter for Guidance of Candidates : In case of any guidance / information / clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271 / 011-23381125 / 011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
7. Mobile Phones Banned :
- Mobile phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones / pagers to the venue of the examination, as arrangement for safe-keeping cannot be assured.
8. Candidates are advised not to bring any valuable / costly items to the UPSC Examination Halls, as safe-keeping of the same cannot be assured. Union Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard. Candidates are required to apply only through online mode no other mode for submission of UPSC IAS applications is allowed.