Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2014 – Acknowledgement of Application
7. Correspondence with the Union Public Service Commission :
The Union Public Service Commission will not enter into any correspondence with the candidates about their candidature except in the following cases :
1. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the UPSC Civil Service 2014 examination. The UPSC IAS e-Admission Certificate will be made available on the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. If a candidate does not receive his e-Admission Certificate or any other communication regarding his / her candidature for the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary examination three weeks before the commencement of the Civil Service Preliminary examination, he / she should at once contact the Union Public Service Commission. Information in this regard can also be obtained from the Facilitation Counter located in the Union Public Service Commission’s Office either in person or over phone Nos. 011-23381125 / 011-23385271 / 011-23098543.
In case no communication is received in the Union Public Service Commission’s Office from the candidate regarding non-receipt of his / her Admission Certificate atleast 3 weeks before the UPSC 2014 examination, he / she himself / herself will be solely responsible for non-receipt of his / her Admission Certificate. No candidate will ordinarily be allowed to take the UPSC Civil Service examination unless he / she holds a certificate of admission for the Civil Service examination. On downloading of UPSC e-Admission Certificate, check it carefully and bring discrepancies / errors, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately. The candidates should note that their admission to the Union Public Service Commission IAS Civil Service examination 2014 will be purely provisional based on the information given by them in the UPSC Application Form.
This will be subject to verification of all the eligibility conditions by the UPSC. The mere fact that a certificate of admission to the UPSC 2014 Examination has been issued to a candidate, will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Union Public Service Commission or that entries made by the candidate in his / her application for the IAS Preliminary examination 2014 have been accepted by the Union Public Service Commission as true and correct. Candidates may note that the Union Public Service Commission takes up the verification of eligibility conditions of a candidate, with reference to original documents, only after the candidate has qualified for Civil Services ( Main ) Examination. Unless candidature is formally confirmed by the Union Public Service Commission, it continues to be provisional. The decision of the Union Public Service Commission as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the Civil Services Examination shall be final. Candidates should note that the name in the UPSC Admission Certificate in some cases, may be abbreviated due to technical reasons.
2. In the event of a candidate downloading more than one Admission Certificate from the Union Public Service Commission’s website, he / she should use only one of these Admission Certificates for appearing in the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary examination 2014 and report about the other(s) to the Union Public Service Commission’s Office.
3. Candidates are informed that as the IAS Preliminary Examination is only a screening test, no marks sheets will be supplied to successful or unsuccessful candidates and no correspondence will be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission, in this regard.
4. If a candidate receives an e-Admission Certificate for UPSC in respect of some other candidate the same should be immediately returned to the Union Public Service Commission with a request to issue the correct e-Admission Certificate. Candidates may note that they will not be allowed to take the IAS examination on the strength of an Admission Certificate issued in respect of another candidate.
5. Candidates must ensure that their email IDs given in their Online applications for Civil Services Preliminary Exam are valid and active.
Important : All communications to the Union Public Service Commission should invariably contain the following particulars.
- Name and year of the UPSC Civil Service examination.
- Registration ID ( RID )
- Roll Number ( if received )
- Name of candidate ( in full and in block letters )
- Complete postal address as given in the UPSC IAS application.
N.B. I : Communication not containing the above particulars may not be attended to.
N.B. II : Candidates should also note down their RID number for future reference. They may be required to indicate the same in connection with their candidature for the Civil Services ( Main ) Examination.
8. Physical Requirements for the Disabled Candidates :
The eligibility for availing reservation against the Civil Services Preliminary vacancies reserved for the physically disabled persons shall be the same as prescribed in “The Persons with Disability ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Act, 1995″.
Provided further that the physically disabled candidates shall also be required to meet special eligibility criteria in terms of physical requirements / functional classification ( abilities / disbailities ) consistent with requirements of the identified service / post as may be prescribed by its cadre controlling authority.
The physical requirement and functional classification can for example be one or more of the following :
|MF||1. Work performed by Manipulation by Fingers|
|PP||2. Work Performed by Pulling & Pushing|
|L||3. Work Performed by Lifting|
|KC||4. Work Performed by Kneeling and Crouching|
|BN||5. Work Performed by Bending|
|S||6. Work Performed by Sitting (on bench or chair)|
|ST||7. Work Performed by Standing|
|W||8. Work Performed by Walking|
|SE||9. Work Performed by Seeing|
|H||10. Work Performed by Hearing / Speaking|
|RW||11. Work Performed by Reading and Writing|
|BL||1. Both legs affected but not arms|
|BA||2. Both arms affected
a. Impaired Reach
b. Weakness of Grip.
|BLA||3. Both legs and both arms affected.|
|OL|| 4. One leg affected (R or L)
a. impaired reach
b. weakness of grip
|OA||5. One arm affected (R or L)
a. impaired reach
b. weakness of grip
|OAL||6. One arm and one leg affected|
|MW||7. Muscular weakness.|
|LV||9. Low vision|
Note : The above list is subject to revision.
9. A candidate will be eligible to get the benefit of community reservation only in case the particular caste to which the candidates belong is included in the list of reserved communities issued by the Central Government. If a candidate indicates in his / her application form for Civil Services ( Preliminary ) Examination that he / she belongs to General category but subsequently writes to the Union Public Service Commission to change his / her category to a reserved one, such request shall not be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission. Similar principle will be followed for physically disabled categories also.
While the above principle will be followed in general, there may be a few cases where there was a little gap ( say 2-3 months ) between the issuance of a Government notifications enlisting a particular community in the list of any of the reserved communities and the date of submission of the application for Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2014 by the candidate. In such cases the request of change of community from general to reserved may be considered by the Union Public Service Commission on merit. In case of a candidate unfortunately becoming physically disabled during the course of the examination, the candidate should produce valid documents to enable the commission to take a decision in the matter on merit.
10. The closing date fixed for the receipt of the application for IAS Civil Service Exam will be treated as the date for determining the OBC status ( including that of creamy layer ) of the candidate.
Withdrawal of Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2014 Applications :
No request for withdrawal of candidature received from a candidate after he / she has submitted his / her application for Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2014 will be entertained under any circumstances.