Civil Services Preliminary Examination – IAS Exam 2017 Acknowledgement of Application
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam will be held on 18th June, 2017
1. Check the e-Admit Card carefully and bring discrepancies, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately.
2. Mention your Name, Roll Number, Registration ID and Name & Year of the Examination in all the correspondence with UPSC.
3. Bring this e-Admit Card in each session to secure admission to Examination Hall.
4. You are responsible for safe custody of the e-Admit Card and in the event of any other person using this e-Admit Card, the onus lies on you to prove that you have not used the service of any impersonator.
5. Enter the Examination Hall 20 minutes before the scheduled commencement of the examination.
6. Candidates should note that any omission / mistake / discrepancy in encoding / filling in details in the OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection.
7. You will not be admitted to the examination if you report 10 minutes after the scheduled commencement of the examination.
8. If you appear at a centre / sub-centre other than the one indicated by the Commission in your e-Admit Card, your answer scripts will not be evaluated and your candidature is liable to be cancelled.
9. Read the “Special Instructions for candidates admitted to the examination” given in “Rules for the Examination” available in Examination Notice and “Poster” containing instructions displayed outside the Examination Hall.
10. Your candidature to the examination is provisional.
11. Mobile Phones, Calculators, IT Gadgets and any other Communication device such as Bluetooth etc. are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any Infringements of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
12. There will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type Question Papers.
13. Answers other than those made by Black Ball Point Pen would not be evaluated.
14. Candidates are advised not to bring any valuables/costly items and bags to the Examination Halls, as safe keeping of the same can not be assured. The Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
15. Candidates who do not have clear photographs on the e-admit card will have to bring a photo identity proof viz. Adhar Card, Driving Licence, Passport, Voter I Card etc. and two passport size photographs one for each session for appearing in the examination with an undertaking.
16. Orthopedically /Visually Impaired candidates, who have opted for their own scribe, may note that their own scribe will be allowed for the exam only with a separate e-Admit Card for such scribe. The e-Admit Cards for the own scribes will be issued separately.
7. Correspondence with the Union Public Service Commission :
The Union Public Service Commission will not enter into any correspondence with the candidates about their candidature except in the following cases :
1. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the UPSC Civil Service 2017 examination. The UPSC IAS e-Admission Certificate 2017 will be made available on the UPSC website [ www.upsc.gov.in ] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. If a candidate does not receive his e-Admission Certificate or any other communication regarding his / her candidature for the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary examination three weeks before the commencement of the Civil Service Preliminary examination, he / she should at once contact the Union Public Service Commission. Information in this regard can also be obtained from the Facilitation Counter located in the Union Public Service Commission’s Office either in person or over phone Nos. 011-23381125 / 011-23385271 / 011-23098543.
In case no communication is received in the Union Public Service Commission’s Office from the candidate regarding non-receipt of his / her Admission Certificate atleast 3 weeks before the UPSC IAS 2017 examination, he / she himself / herself will be solely responsible for non-receipt of his / her Admission Certificate. No candidate will ordinarily be allowed to take the UPSC Civil Service examination unless he / she holds a certificate of admission for the Civil Service examination. On downloading of UPSC e-Admission Certificate, check it carefully and bring discrepancies / errors, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately. The candidates should note that their admission to the Union Public Service Commission IAS Civil Service examination 2017 will be purely provisional based on the information given by them in the UPSC Application Form.
This will be subject to verification of all the eligibility conditions by the UPSC. The mere fact that a certificate of admission to the UPSC 2017 Examination has been issued to a candidate, will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Union Public Service Commission or that entries made by the candidate in his / her application for the IAS Preliminary examination 2017 have been accepted by the Union Public Service Commission as true and correct. Candidates may note that the Union Public Service Commission takes up the verification of eligibility conditions of a candidate, with reference to original documents, only after the candidate has qualified for Civil Services ( Main ) Examination. Unless candidature is formally confirmed by the Union Public Service Commission, it continues to be provisional. The decision of the Union Public Service Commission as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the Civil Services Examination shall be final. Candidates should note that the name in the UPSC Admission Certificate in some cases, may be abbreviated due to technical reasons.
2. In the event of a candidate downloading more than one Admission Certificate from the Union Public Service Commission’s website, he / she should use only one of these Admission Certificates for appearing in the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary examination 2017 and report about the other(s) to the Union Public Service Commission’s Office.
3. Candidates are informed that as the IAS Preliminary Examination is only a screening test, no marks sheets will be supplied to successful or unsuccessful candidates and no correspondence will be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission, in this regard.
4. Candidates must ensure that their e-mail IDs given in their Online applications for Civil Services Preliminary Exam are valid and active.
Important : All communications to the Union Public Service Commission should invariably contain the following particulars.
- Name and year of the UPSC Civil Service examination.
- Registration ID ( RID )
- Roll Number ( if received )
- Name of candidate ( in full and in block letters )
- Complete postal address as given in the UPSC IAS application.N.B. I : Communication not containing the above particulars may not be attended to.
N.B. II : Candidates should also note down their RID number for future reference. They may be required to indicate the same in connection with their candidature for the Civil Services ( Main ) Examination.
8. Physical Requirements for the Disabled Candidates :
The eligibility for availing reservation against the Civil Services Preliminary vacancies reserved for the physically disabled persons shall be the same as prescribed in “The Persons with Disability ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Act, 1995″.
Provided further that the physically disabled candidates shall also be required to meet special eligibility criteria in terms of physical requirements / functional classification ( abilities / disabilities ) consistent with requirements of the identified Service / Post as may be prescribed by its Cadre Controlling Authority at note II of para 1 of this Notice.
The physical requirement and functional classification can for example be one or more of the following :
|H||Hearing / Speaking|
|RW||Reading and Writing|
|MF||Manipulation by Finger|
|PP||Pushing & Pulling|
|KC||Kneeling and Crouching|
|OAL||One Arm One Leg|
|BLA||Both Legs and Arms|
|BLOA||Both Legs One Arm|
9. A candidate will be eligible to get the benefit of community reservation only in case the particular caste to which the candidates belong is included in the list of reserved communities issued by the Central Government. If a candidate indicates in his / her application form for Civil Services ( Preliminary ) Examination that he / she belongs to General category but subsequently writes to the Union Public Service Commission to change his / her category to a reserved one, such request shall not be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission. Similar principle will be followed for physically disabled categories also.
While the above principle will be followed in general, there may be a few cases where there was a little gap ( say 2-3 months ) between the issuance of a Government notification enlisting a particular community in the list of any of the reserved communities and the date of submission of the application for Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2017 by the candidate. In such cases the request of change of community from general to reserved may be considered by the Union Public Service Commission on merit. In case of a candidate unfortunately becoming physically disabled during the course of the examination, the candidate should produce valid documents to enable the Union Public Service Commission to take a decision in the matter on merit.
10. Candidates seeking reservation / relaxation benefits available for SC / ST / OBC / PH / Ex-servicemen must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation / relaxation as per eligibility prescribed in the Rules / Notice. They should also be in possession of all the requisite certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim as stipulated in the Rules / Notice for such benefits, and these certificates should be dated earlier than the due date ( closing date ) of the application for Civil Services ( Prelims ) Examination, 2017.
11. Withdrawal of Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2017 Applications :
No request for withdrawal of candidature received from a candidate after he / she has submitted his / her application for Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2017 will be entertained under any circumstances.