Central Armed Police Forces Assistant Commandant Exam Eligibility 2016
I. Nationality : No person who is not a citizen of India shall, except with the consent of the Central Government signified in writing be appointed or employed under these Rules. Provided that nothing contained in these rules shall debar the CAPF appointment, enrolment or employment of a subject of Nepal or Bhutan under these Rules.
II. Sex : Both Male and Female candidates are eligible for CAPF appointment to the UPSC CAPF post of Assistant Commandants.
III. UPSC CAPF AC 2016 Age Limits :
- A candidate must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 1st August, 2016, i.e. he / she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1991 and not later than 1st August, 1996.
- The Upper Age Limit for CAPF AC Exam prescribed above will be relaxable :
- Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- Upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
- Upto a maximum of five years for Civilian Central Government Servants in accordance with the existing instructions of the Central Government. Ex-Servicemen will also be eligible for this UPSC CAPF relaxation. However the total relaxation claimed on account of Government Service will be limited to 5 years.
- Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.
Note I : Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clause of Para 3 (III) (b) above, viz. those coming under the category of Civilian Central Government Servants / Ex-Servicemen and persons domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir, will be eligible for grant of cumulative age relaxation for UPSC CAPF under both the categories.
Note II : The term Ex-Servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as Ex-Servicemen in the Ex-Servicemen ( Re-employment in Civil Services and Posts ) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.
Note III : The term “Civilian Central Government Servants” in Para 3 (III) (b) (iii) above will apply to persons who are defined as “Government Servants” in the Central Civil Services ( Classification, Control and Appeal ) Rules, 1965 as amended from time to time.
The date of birth accepted by the Union Public Service Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.
No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted.
The expression Matriculation / Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instructions includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.
Note 1 : Candidates should note that once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Union Public Service Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination for CAPF AC, no change will be allowed subsequently ( or at any other Examination of the Union Public Service Commission ) on any grounds whatsoever.
Note 2 : The candidate should exercise due care while entering their Date of Birth in Online Application Form for the CAPF AC Examination 2016. If on verification at any subsequent stage, any variation is found in their Date of Birth from the one entered in their Matriculation or equivalent Examination Certificate, disciplinary action will be taken by the Union Public Service Commission under the rules.
Central Armed Police Forces Assistant Commandant Exam 2016 : Exam Date – Exam Center – Qualification – Physical Standard – Application Form – Application Last Date – Selection Procedure – Syllabus