WBSSC Recruitment for Motor Vehicles Inspector 2016
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission
Mayukh Bhavan, Salt Lake,
Kolkata – 700091,
Website : www.wbssc.gov.in.
Indicative Advertisement No. 12/ WBSSC/ 2016 Dated, 28/12/2016
(Exam Code : MVI(NT)-16)
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission Online Applications/Applications through Tathya Mitra Kendras are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for recruitment to the following posts under Transport Department, Government of West Bengal, selection of which will be made by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission in terms of Section 6 (1) of the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission Act, 2011 :
- Name of the Post : Motor Vehicles Inspector (Non-Technical)
- Post Code : 419
- No.of Posts : UR-19 (PH-LMCP-01,MSP-01)), SC-07, ST-02, BC(A)-03, BC(B)-03
- Scale of Pay : Pay Band–3 (7100/- – 37600/-) Grade Pay 3900/-
Note : Category/Sub Category wise Vacancies mentioned above are as reported by the concerned Department. Commission is not responsible for any issues related to category/sub category wise declaration of vacancies.
Vacancies shown here are purely provisional and subject to change.
WBSSC Motor Vehicles Inspector Exam Date : 09th April, 2017
Abbreviations used in the table : UR–Unreserved; SC–Scheduled Caste; ST–Scheduled Tribe; Backward Classes (Sub-category – A) and Backward Classes (Sub-category – B). PHLV-Physically Handicapped; LV-Blindness or Low Vision. MSP-Meritorious Sports Persons.
WBSSC Eligibility Criteria/Qualifications for Motor Vehicles Inspector Post 2016 :
Essential Qualification for West Bengal SSC Recruitment 2016 :
- Must have a bachelor’s degree of a recognized University.
- Must have the minimum physical standard as mentioned below :-
Category Height Chest Weight (i) Candidates of all categories (except Gorkha, Garwali, Rajbangsi and other Hill Tribes/Scheduled Tribes) 170 cm 86 cm. With expansion of 5 cm. Proportionate to height and age as per medical standard. (ii)
Gorkha, Garwali, Rajbangsi and other Hill Tribes/Scheduled Tribes 160 cm 81 cm with expansion of 5 cm Proportionate to height and age as per medical standard.
Must have the ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not applicable to those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali) as per Finance Department (Audit Branch) Notification No. 10725-F dated 13/11/2002 read with Finance Department (Audit Branch) Notification No. 1243-F (P) dated 02/03/2016.
West Bengal SSC Motor Vehicles Inspector Age Limit 2016 : Not below 18 years and not more than 32 years as on 1st January 2016.
WBSSC Reservation / Age Relaxation :
WBSSC Upper age limit is relaxable :
A. For SC/ ST Candidates :
- By 5 years for SC/ ST candidates of West Bengal;
- The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the SC/ST candidates of West Bengal only, if such reservation is advertised against any post for respective Category.
- The benefits of age relaxation for SC/ ST candidates will be admissible to all such candidates as per relevant rules & regulation.
B. For BC – A/BC – B Candidates :
- By 3 years for BC-A/ BC-B candidates of West Bengal;
- The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the BC-A/ BC-B candidates of West Bengal only, if such reservation is advertised against any post for respective Category.
- The benefits of age relaxation for BC-A/ BC-B candidates will be admissible to all such candidates as per relevant rules & regulations.
- SC/ST/BC-A/BC-B Candidates of Other States will be Treated as Unreserved Candidates.
- Any candidate belonging to the SC/ST/BC-A/BC-B category, if shortlisted against vacancies for respective reserved category, will be directed to furnish original certificate issued by any of the following Competent Authorities of West Bengal as laid down in the West Bengal Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes (Identification) Act, 1994 & SC & TW Department Order No.261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dt.06.04.1995, during verification of testimonials at any time to be fixed by the Commission.
List of Competent Authorities for issuing Caste Certificates :
- In the District, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned, and
- In Kolkata, the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and ex-officio Joint Director, Backward Classes Welfare.
C. For Ex-Servicemen Candidates :
- Age relaxation for the Ex-Servicemen candidates will be given as per existing Government rules and regulations.
- The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the Ex-Servicemen candidates, if such reservation is advertised against any post for this Sub-Category.
- The benefit of age relaxation will be admissible to Ex-Servicemen candidates. Age relaxation for the Ex-Servicemen candidates will be given on the basis of the tenure of service rendered by the candidate in Defense Service(s), as laid down in relevant Government Notifications.
D. For Persons with Disabilities of at least 40% and above :
- Age relaxations are available up to 45 years for Persons with Disabilities.
- The benefits of reservation will be given to the candidates with disabilities of at least 40% and above, if such reservation is advertised against any post for respective Sub – Category.
- The benefits of age relaxation for candidates with disabilities of at least 40% and above will be admissible to all such candidates as per relevant rules & regulations.
- Candidates having disability of less than 40% shall be treated as unreserved candidates and Therefore, shall not get benefit of reservation/age relaxation.
E. For Departmental Candidates :
- By 2 years for candidates who have been in Government service continuously for at least two years.
- The benefit of age relaxation will be given to the Government employees as Departmental Candidates, who is in Government service continuously at least for two years.
- Any Departmental candidate, if shortlisted, will be directed to furnish original certificate issued by his/her Appointing Authority to prove his/her claim.
West Bengal SSC Scheme & Syllabus of Motor Vehicles Inspector Examination 2016 :
- The West Bengal Staff Selection Commission shall have the discretion to prescribe the scheme and syllabus for this examination.
- The mode of examination, either Offline or Online, will be decided by the Commission and the same will be published in West Bengal Staff Selection Commission’s website in due course.
- The details of scheme & syllabus will be published later on.
Period of West Bengal SSC Application 2016 :
Applications may be submitted only through online mode with effect from the date Westbengal Staff Selection Commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in to 30th January, 2017 (upto 4.00 P.M.).
WBSSC Examination Fees & Processing Fees :
The following Examination Fees and/or Processing Fees have been fixed by the Commission for this Examination :
|Sl.No.||Category||Examination Fee||Processing Fee||Total Amount Payable|
|1||All categories except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe||200/-||20/-||220/-|
- Candidates making online payment through payment gateway using Debit Cards/Credits Cards/Net banking of any bank will be charged an additional amount of 5/- only for utilizing payment gateway service.
- Candidates applying through the Tathya Mitra Kendra will have to bear an additional charge of 20/- for filling up of the form and uploading the same along with scanned copies of candidate’s photograph and signature and making online payment of Examination Fees and/or Processing Fees received from the applicant.
- All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe shall pay Examination fees of 200/- and Processing fees of 20/- (Total amount – 220/-) only;
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe shall pay Processing fees of 20/- only as they are exempted from paying any Examination fees. However, shortlisted candidates are required to produce their SC/ST Certificates issued by the competent authority at the time of verification;
- No exemption of fees is available to the SC/ST/BC – A/BC – B candidates of other states.
- Neither claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be reserved for any other examination under any circumstances whatsoever.
- Applications not accompanied with the requisite examination and/or processing fees shall be rejected straightway, without making any communication with the concerned candidate in this regard.
Modes of Submission of West Bengal SSC Applications :
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission extends the following facilities to the candidates for submission of online applications :
A. West Bengal SSC Online Submission :
Candidates will be able to submit application through West Bengal Staff Selection Commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in by filling up their basic information including scanned photograph and signature. The size of scanned photograph & signature must not be more than 12kb (each) and should be .JPG/.JPEG format.
Payment of WBSSC Examination fees and Processing fees can be made online through payment gateway using Debit Cards/Credits Cards/Net banking of any bank. An amount of 5/- only will be charged by the concerned agency as “Service Charge” for availing Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking facility.
Online Applicants are Required to Upload Scanned Copy of Their Recent Passport Size Photograph and Full Signature.
On successful submission of the application an auto generated receipt with Application Number will be generated. Candidates are Advised to Note it Down and Mention the Application Number for all Future Communications, if any, with West Bengal Staff Selection Commission.
Candidates may also “Save”/“Print” a Copy of their Applications after Successful Submission Online, for their Ready Reference.
West Bengal SSC Application Number is automatically generated after successful payment of fees at the payment gateway. In case of linkage problems Application Number may not be generated immediately after payment of fees through payment gateway. In such cases please note down the transaction ID that is generated after successful payment. Application Number will be sent to you by email in the next seven working days. You may send an email to the Commission to firstname.lastname@example.org referring the transaction ID, if you do not receive Application Number even after seven working days of successful payment.
Once application is successfully submitted after payment and transaction ID is generated, there is no need to apply again.
B. WBSSC Online Submission Through Tathya Mitra Kendras :
- West Bengal Staff Selection Commission extends facility to submit application through about 1800 Tathya Mitra Kendras set up by the Government of West Bengal up to the level of Gram Panchayats in the rural areas of West Bengal.
- Applicants may approach any of the Tathya Mitra Kendras (list provided in the website) with all particulars and a passport size photograph. The authorized staff of the Kendra will fill up the online application form on the basis of information provided by the applicant
- He/She will also scan the photograph and signature of the applicant and upload it.
- Candidates must Check on Screen Detail Information Entered by the Staff Before Proceeding for Online Payment.
- The Examination fees and/or Processing fees have to be paid to the Tathya Mitra Kendras. The Kendra will take Service charge of 20/- extra for filling up of the form and uploading the same along with Scanned Copies of Candidate’s Photograph and Signature and making online payment of Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees received from the applicant.
- All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste shall pay 240/- only [Examination fees - 200/-, Processing fees – 20/- and Service Charge – 20/- ] to the authorized staff of the Tathya Mitra Kendra, while Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste shall pay 40/- only [Processing fees - 20/- and Service Charge – 20/-] to the authorized staff of the Tathya Mitra Kendra.
- Under no Circumstances Candidates Shall Pay any amount in Excess of the Fees and Charges Mentioned above to the Authorised Staff of the Tathya Mitra Kendras.
- After Payment of the fees and Service Charge, the Authorised Staff of the Kendra will Hand over the Applicant a Printed Receipt with Application Number as Acknowledgement of Successful Submission of Application Online.
- Candidates Must Keep the Receipt with them and Note Down the Application Number for all Future Communications with the Commission, if any.
- Candidates may contact Commission through e-mail at email@example.com to report any kind of non-cooperation from any of the Tathya Mitra Kendras, with details of the concerned Kendra.
- Before final submission of Form, candidates must check the personal data (Date of Birth/Spelling of name, Father’s name etc./caste stat us/Address/Photograph & Signature. No request to change any data given by the candidate will be entertained in future.
WBSSC Recruitment for Motor Vehicles Inspector 2016
West Bengal SSC Examination Scheme 2016 for Motor Vehicles Inspector Job
Schemes of the Examinations for MVI (Non-Tech) and MVI (Tech).
There will be two parts of examinations both for in MVI (Non-Tech) and MVI (Tech) recruitment examinations.
- For Part-I examination of both MVI (Non-Tech) and MVI (Tech) subjects are Test of reasoning & Arithmetic, English and General Knowledge.
- Part-II for MVI (Non-Tech) will be on writing one English Précis.
- Part-II for MVI (Tech) will be on subject specific. Candidates have to choose Automobile or Mechanical engineering during the time of examination in part-II.
- Part-I & Part-II examinations will be held in same day in respect of MVI (Non-Tech) and MVI (Tech).
MVI (Non-Tech) :
- On the basis of the result of part-I 1st short listing of candidates will be done and evaluation of Part-II will be held only for those short listed candidates.
- 2nd short listing will be held on the basis of aggregate marks obtain by candidates in Part-I and Part-II examinations. Those short listed candidates will be asked to appear before Physical Measurement Test (PMT).
- Only those candidates who would pass the PMT are asked for Document Verification and candidates having proper documents as asked for, only be allowed to appear before the Personality Test Board.
- Final merit list will be prepared on the basis of aggregate marks of Part-I, Part-II and Personality Test.
MVI (Tech) :
- 1st Short listing of candidates will be done on the basis of aggregate marks of Part-I & Part-II.
- Those short listed candidates will be asked before the Commission for Document
Verification. Candidates with other essential documents must have
- Two years experience Certificate from Workshop/Factory of Automotive O.E.M. or O.E.M. authorized workshop/Service centre duly registered by competent Government/ Local body
- Driving license for heavy vehicle.
Revised Syllabus of Motor Vehicles Inspector (Technical & Non-Technical)
Exam Code – MVI(T) – 16 & MVI(NT) – 16
1. Syllabus of Motor Vehicles Inspector (Technical) & (Non-Technical)
- General English [for both of the MVI (Technical) & MVI (Non Technical) Posts]
- Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning [for both of the MVI (Technical) & MVI (Non Technical) Posts]
- General Knowledge [for both of the MVI (Technical) & MVI (Non Technical) Posts]
- Awareness on Automobile/Mechanical Engineering [for the post of Motor Vehicles Inspector (Technical) only].
2. Distribution of marks for the posts
(a) Distribution of marks for M.V.I (Non-Technical) Examination :
|Test of Reasoning & Arithmetic|
(Divisibility, Fractions, Decimals, Recurring Decimals, Simplification, H.C.F., L.C.M., Partnership, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Simple Interest, Profit and Loss, Time and Distance, Area of Rectangles & Squares etc.)
|M.C.Q||40||In OMR Sheet||90 Minutes|
|English (Fundamentals of the English Language such as Vocabulary, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms and its correct usage, etc)||40
|General Knowledge (Matters of everyday observation including everyday science, current events and problems with special reference to India, Elementary knowledge of Indian History and Indian Geography etc.).||40
(b) Distribution of marks for M.V.I (Technical) On-line Examination :
|Test of Reasoning & Arithmetic (Divisibility, Fractions, Decimals, Recurring Decimals, Simplification, H.C.F., L.C.M., Partnership, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Simple Interest, Profit and Loss, Time and Distance, Area of Rectangles & Squares etc.)||M.C.Q.||20||90 Minutes|
|English (Fundamentals of the English Language such as Vocabulary, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms and its correct usage, etc)||20|
|General Knowledge (Matters of everyday observation including everyday science, current events and problems with special reference to India, Elementary knowledge of Indian History and Indian Geography etc.).||20|
|Automobile / Mechanical Engineering Awareness||60|
3. Minimum Qualifying Marks
Minimum Qualifying Marks along with Précis are given as under :
|Subject||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|M.V.I. (Non-Technical) ||M.V.I. (Technical)|
|M. C. Q||Genl. - 20|
SC/OBC - 15
ST – 10
|Genl. - 20
SC/OBC - 15
ST – 10
- A Personality Test of 20 Marks will be held on the basis of the rank of Written / Online Examination.
- A final merit list will be prepared on the basis of aggregate marks of Written Test & Personality Test.
- Only Test of Reasoning & Arithmetic for both of the M.V.I. (Non-Technical) & M.V.I. (Technical) posts will be of Madhyamik Standard. English, General Knowledge for both of the M.V.I. (Non-Technical) & M.V.I. (Technical) posts will be of Higher Secondary Standard.