WBSSC Recruitment Exam 2017 for Medical Technologist
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission
Mayukh Bhavan, Salt Lake,
Kolkata – 700091,
Website : www.wbssc.gov.in.
Medical Technologist (X-Ray) Grade-III 2017
(Exam Code : MTX – 17)
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission Online Applications / Applications through Tathya Mitra Kendras are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for recruitment to the following post under Labour Department, Government of West Bengal, selection of which will be made by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission in terms of Section 6 (1) of the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission Act, 2011 :-
- Name of the Post : Medical Technologist (X Ray) Grade-III
- Post Code : 414
- No. of Posts : U.R.-04, S.C.-02, S.T.-01, B.C.(A)-01
- Scale of Pay : Pay Band – 3 ( 7100/- – 37600/-) Grade Pay 3600/-
Note : Category / Sub Category wise Vacancies mentioned above are as reported by the concerned Department. West Bengal Staff Selection Commission is not responsible for any issue related to category / sub category wise declaration of vacancies.
Vacancies shown here are purely provisional and subject to change.
Abbreviations used in the table : UR – Unreserved; SC – Scheduled Caste; ST – Scheduled Tribe; Backward Classes (Sub category – A).
West Bengal SSC Eligibility Criteria / Qualifications :
For the Post of Medical Technologist(X-Ray) Grade-III
Qualification : (i) Essential :
- Must have passed Higher Secondary Examination of the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- Must have passed a two year Diploma Course in Radiography (Diagnostics) DRD (Tech) recognized by the Government of West Bengal.
One Year training after acquiring Diploma in Radiography (Diagnostics) DRD (Tech) recognized by the Government of West Bengal, in any Government Hospital or in a clinical establishment licensed under the West Bengal clinical establishment Rules, 2003. Or,
A Post-Graduate diploma in Radiography (Diagnostics) DRD (Tech) from any recognized University.
Must have the ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not applicable to those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali) as per Finance Department (Audit Branch) Notification No. 10725-F dated 13/11/2002 read with Finance Department (Audit Branch) Notification No. 1243-F (P) dated 02/03/2016.
Age Limit : Not below 18 years and not more than 39 years as on 1st January 2017.
Reservation / Age Relaxation
Upper age limit is relaxable
A. For SC/ST Candidates :
- By 5 years for SC/ST candidates of West Bengal;
- The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the SC/ ST candidates of West Bengal only, if such reservation is advertised against any post for respective Category.
- The benefits of age relaxation for SC/ST candidates will be admissible to all such candidates as per relevant rules & regulation.
B. For BC – A/ BC – B Candidates :
- By 3 years for BC-A/ BC-B candidates of West Bengal;
- The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the BC-A/BC-B candidates of West Bengal only, if such reservation is advertised against any post for respective Category.
- The benefits of age relaxation for BC-A/ BC-B candidates will be admissible to all such candidates as per relevant rules & regulations.
- Since issuance of OBC certificate is dependent on the ‘Creamy layer’ status which is supposed to change in every year so the certificate holder may approach to the respective Issuing Authority for revalidation/renewal of the certificate. In fact this revalidation/renewal is of vital importance in regard to securing an employment. Consequently if someone approaches for renewal/revalidation with an attested proof of not belonging to creamy layer status then the certificate can be renewed and fresh certificate issued. This is accommodated in the online system of issuance of certificate.[As per Backward Classes Welfare Department Memorandum No. 1204-SBCW/MR-67/10 dated 27/07/2015 ]
- SC/ST/BC-A/BC-B Candidates of Other States will be Treated as Unreserved Candidates.
- Any candidate belonging to the SC/ST/BC-A/BC-B category, if shortlisted against vacancies for respective reserved category, will be directed to furnish original certificate issued by any of the following Competent Authorities of West Bengal as laid down in the West Bengal Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes (Identification) Act, 1994 & SC & TW Department Order No. 261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dt.06.04.1995, & Backward Classes Welfare Department Memo No. – 1204-SBCW/MR-67/10 dated 27/07/2015 during verification of testimonials at any time to be fixed by West Bengal Staff Selection Commission.
List of Competent Authorities for issuing Caste Certificates :
- In the District, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned, and
- In Kolkata, the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and ex-officio Joint Director, Backward Classes Welfare
C. For Persons with Disabilities of 40% and above :
- Age relaxations are available upto 45 years for Persons with Disabilities.
- The benefits of reservation will be given to the candidates with disabilities of 40% and above, if such reservation is advertised against any post for respective Sub-Category.
- The benefits of age relaxation for candidates with disabilities of 40% and above will be admissible to all such candidates as per relevant rules & regulations.
- Candidates having disability of less than 40% shall be treated as unreserved candidates and Therefore, shall not get benefit of reservation / age relaxation.
D. For Departmental Candidates :
- By 2 years for candidates who have been in Government service continuously for at least two years.
- The benefit of age relaxation will be given to the Government employees as Departmental Candidates, who is in Government service continuously at least for two years.
- Any Departmental candidate, if shortlisted, will be directed to furnish original certificate issued by his/her Appointing Authority to prove his/her claim.
Scheme & Syllabus of WBSSC Examination 2017
For the post of Medical Technologist (X-Ray) Grade-III :
- The West Bengal Staff Selection Commission shall have the discretion to prescribe the scheme and syllabus for this examination.
- The mode of examination, either OFFLINE or ONLINE, will be decided by the Commission and the same will be published in Commission’s website in due course.
- The details of scheme & syllabus will be published later on.
Period of West Bengal SSC Application 2017 :
Applications must be submitted only through online mode with effect from the date of advertisement in newspaper & in West Bengal Staff Selection Commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in to 31st May, 2017 (upto 4:00 P.M.)
No Application shall be Received after the Last Date and time for Submission of Applications.
West Bengal SSC Examination Fees & Processing Fees :
The following Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees have been fixed by West Bengal Staff Selection Commission for this Examination :
|Sl.No.||Category||Examination Fee||Processing Fee||Total Amount Payable|
|1||All categories except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / P.W.D.|| 200/- ||20/-||220/-|
|2||Scheduled Caste|| Nil||20/-||20/-|
|3||Scheduled Tribe ||Nil||20/-||20/-|
|4||Persons with Disabilities (40% & above) (P.W.D)||Nil||20/-||20/-|
- Candidates making online payment through payment gateway using Debit Cards / Credit Cards / Net banking of any bank will be charged an additional amount of 5/- only forutilizing payment gateway service.
- Candidates applying through the Tathya Mitra Kendra will have to bear an additional charge of 20/- for filling up the form and uploading the same along with scanned copies of candidate’s photograph and signature and making online payment of Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees received from the applicant.
- All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Physically Handicapped shall pay Examination fees of 200/- and Processing fees of 20/- (Total amount – 220/-) only;
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Physically Handicapped shall pay Processing fees of 20/- only as they are exempted from paying any Examination fees. However, shortlisted candidates are required to produce their SC/ST/PWD Certificates issued by the competent authority at the time of verification;
- No Exemption of Fees is available to the SC/ST/BC-A/BC-B Candidates of other States.
- Neither claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination under any circumstances whatsoever.
- Applications not accompanied with the requisite examination and/or processing fees will be rejected straightway, without making any communication with the concerned candidate in this regard.
Modes of Submission of West Bengal SSC Applications 2017
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission extends the following facilities to the candidates for submission of online applications :
A. WBSSC Online Submission :
Candidates will be able to submit application through Commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in by filling up their basic information including scanned photograph and signature. The size of scanned photograph & signature must not be more than 12kb (each)and should be .JPG/.JPEG format.
Payment of Examination fees and Processing fees can be made online through payment gateway using Debit Cards / Credits Cards / Net banking of any bank. An amount of 5/- only will be charged by the concerned agency as “Service Charge” for availing Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking facility.
Online Applicants are Required to upload Scanned copy of their Recent Passport size Photograph and full Signature.
On successful submission of the application an auto generated receipt with Application Number will be generated. Candidates are advised to note it down and Mention the Application Number for all Future Communications, if any, with the Commission.
Candidates may also “Save”/“Print” a Copy of their Applications after Successful Submission Online, for their Ready Reference.
Application Number is automatically generated after successful payment of fees at the payment gateway. In case of linkage problems Application Number may not be generated immediately after payment of fees through payment gateway. In such cases please note down the transaction ID that is generated after successful payment. Application Number will be sent to you by email in the next seven working days. You may send an email to the Commission to firstname.lastname@example.org referring the transaction ID, if you do not receive Application Number even after seven working days of successful payment.
Once application is successfully submitted after payment and transaction ID is generated, there is no need to apply again.
B. Online Submission Through Tathya Mitra Kendras :
- West Bengal Staff Selection Commission extends facility to submit application through about 1800 Tathya Mitra Kendras set up by the Government of West Bengal up to the level of Gram Panchayats in the rural areas of West Bengal.
- Applicants may approach any of the Tathya Mitra Kendras (list provided in the website) with all particulars and a passport size photograph. The authorized staff of the Kendra will fill up the online application form on the basis of information provided by the applicant.
- He/She will also scan the photograph and signature of the applicant and upload it.
- Candidates Must Check On Screen Detail Information Entered By The Staff Before Proceeding For Online Payment.
- The Examination fees and/ or Processing fees have to be paid to the Tathya Mitra Kendras. The Kendra will take Service charge of 20/- extra for filling up of the form and uploading the same along with Scanned Copies of Candidate’s Photograph and Signature and making online payment of Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees received from the applicant.
- All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Physically Handicapped will pay 240/- only [Examination fees - 200/-, Processing fees - 20/- and Service Charge - 20/- ] to the authorized staff of the Tathya Mitra Kendra, while Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Physically Handicapped will pay 40/- only [Processing fees - 20/- and Service Charge - 20/- ] to the authorized staff of the Tathya Mitra Kendra.
- Under no Circumstances Candidates shall Pay any amount in excess of the fees and Charges Mentioned above to the Authorised Staff of the Tathya Mitra Kendras.
- After Payment of the fees and Service Charge, The Authorised Staff of the Kendra will Hand Over the Applicant a Printed Receipt with Application Number as Acknowldgement of Successful Submission of Application Online.
- Candidates Must Keep the Receipt with them and note Down the Application Number for all future Communications with the Commission, if any.
- Candidates may contact Commission through e-mail at email@example.com to report any kind of non-cooperation from any of the Tathya Mitra Kendras, with details of the concerned Kendra.
- Before final submission of FORM, candidates must check the personal data (Date of Birth/ Spelling of name, Father’s name / caste status/ Address/ Photograph/ Signature etc.). No request to change any data given by the candidate will be entertained in future.
General Conditions Fixed by West Bengal Staff Selection Commission :
Admission to the examination venue will be purely provisional subject to verification of eligibility at a later stage. Therefore, candidature of any candidate shall be rejected straightway if found not eligible at any stage, even after appearance in the examination.
Candidates must bring their photo identity card recognized by the Government in order to get entrance into the examination venue to prove their identity. Any deviation in this regard shall straightway lead to non-admission of him/her into the examination venue and rejection of candidature without giving him/her opportunity of being heard.
The photo identity cards to be accepted by the commission for the said purpose are as follows :
- Elector’s Photo Identity Card (EPIC)
- Uid (Aadhar Card Including E-Aadhar)
- Admit Card / Certificate of Madhyamik or Equivalent with Photograph
- Pan Card
- Driving License
- Bank Pass Book Containing Photograph of the Candidate
- Any Other Photo Identity Card Issued By The Competent Government Authority
1. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked to produce all relevant original certificates for verification on the scheduled date, failing which their candidature shall be rejected without any further communication.
3. Candidates must abide by the instructions as may be given by the venue supervisor / invigilator of the examination venue. If the candidate fails to do so or indulges in disorderly or improper conduct, he/she will render himself / herself liable for expulsion from the examination hall and / or such other punishment as the commission may deem fit to impose.
4. A candidate who has been reported against by the venue supervisor of the examination venue for violating any of the instructions or for having adopted unfair means at the examination hall will be punished with cancellation of candidature and also be debarred from appearing at future examinations / selections as may be decided by the commission depending on the circumstances / gravity of the case.
5. Use of mobile phones, calculators and any kind of electronic gadgets inside the examination hall will lead to cancellation of candidature without giving an opportunity of being heard.
6. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate immediately.