WBSSC LDC / Assistant ( Group C ) Recruitment Exam 2013 Eligibility
- A pass in Madhyamik examination of the West Bengal Board of secondary education or its equivalent.
- Acquisition of elementary knowledge in computer operation with the ability of typing on computer at the speed of 35 words per minute in English and 25 words per minute in Bengali from a reputed organization for a period not less than 6 ( six ) months.
The above noted qualifications must be possessed by the candidate on or before the date of publication of the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission 2013 advertisement. If it is found during verification of testimonials at any state that the candidate has acquired qualification as stated above at any date after the date of publication of West Bengal Staff Selection Commission 2013 advertisement, his / her candidature will be summarily rejected.
After West Bengal Staff Selection Commission 2013 recruitment to the post of the Lower Division Clerks / Assistants, etc. incumbent shall have to pass the WBSSC examination on elementary knowledge on computer operation and computer typing, which will be held twice in every year at half yearly intervals. The Lower Division Assistants / Clerks who will be unable to pass the WBSSC examination, shall not be entitled to get increment or any other career benefits including promotion or any benefit under carrier advancement scheme. Such West Bengal SSC examination on computer operation and computer typing shall be conducted by State Govt. at different places as may be decided by the State Govt. in the Finance Department from time to time.
Age Limit for WBSSC LDC / Assistant ( Group C ) 2013
- The age of the candidate shall be not less than 18 years and not more than 40 years on the 1st day of January, 2013.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC and ST candidates of West Bengal, by 3 years for BC – A and BC – B candidates of West Bengal and upto 45 years of age for Persons with Disabilities having physical disability of 40% and above and by 2 years for candidates who have been in Government service for at least two years. Age relaxation for the ex-servicemen candidates will be as per rules calculated on the basis of the tenure of service rendered ( Finance Department Notification No. 6249-F dated 13/06/1982 ).
- The claim of a candidate for relaxation of age as a Government employee should be proved by a certificate from the appointing authority showing the period of his / her continuous service under Government and the same should be produced by the successful candidates for verification before nomination, failing which candidature will be cancelled and submission of such false declaration will attract penal measures;
- Date of birth as recorded in Madhyamik or Equivalent admit card / Certificate will only be accepted.