SSC Delhi Police SI ( Executive ) Exam 2012
1. The Staff Selection Commission will hold an All India Examination for Recruitment of Sub-Inspector ( Exe. ) in Delhi Police Examination, on Sunday the 19th August, 2012. The post carries pay scale of 9300 – 34800 in Pay Band 2 with Grade Pay of 4200.
2. Vacancies & Reservation : The number of vacancies to be filled from the examination are as below, which may change without notice. Reservation for SC / ST / OBC / Ex.Servicemen categories is available as per extant Government Orders and as communicated by Ministry of Home Affairs. Reservation for OBCs both in Central List as well as the State List in respect of NCT of Delhi will be applicable provided that OBC State List of NCT of Delhi will be followed only for such candidates who are permanent resident or domiciled in NCT of Delhi. For OBC candidates belonging to other States only Central List will be applicable. Out of the 10% quota meant for Ex-servicemen, 50% of such quota will be reserved for the following categories :
- Having served in the Special Force / NSG ( Special Action Group ),
- Having received a QI ‘Qualified Instructors’ grading in the commando course,
- Officers from the Navy / Air Force who have worked in the specialized commando type units.
Sub-Inspector ( Executive ) Male
Sub-Inspector ( Executive ) Female
Note I : The number of vacancies is indicative and may undergo change anytime before declaration of result.
Note II : 4.5% reservation will be available for Minority Communities within OBC quota as per extant Government Orders.
Note III : Departmental candidate eligible for consideration for the posts earmarked for him means a Constable, Head Constable or an Assistant Sub-Inspector enlisted in Delhi Police and has more than three years of continuous service in Delhi Police and otherwise possesses the other qualifications prescribed for the post.
3. Nationality / Citizenship :
A candidate must be either :
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania ( Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary will be admitted to the Examination provisionally but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.