5. SSC Junior Translators ( CSOLs ) / Junior Hindi Translators Exam 2013 Educational Qualifications
Educational Qualifications : ( As on 01.08.2013 )
For Junior Translators ( CSOLs )
- Master’s Degree of a recognized university or equivalent in Hindi or English with English or Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as a medium of examination at degree level. Or
- Master’s Degree of a recognized university or equivalent in any subject other than Hindi or English with Hindi or English medium and English or Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as a medium of examination at degree level. Or
- Master’s Degree of a recognized University or equivalent in any subject other than Hindi or English with Hindi and English as a compulsory or elective subject or either of the two as medium of examination and the other as a compulsory or elective subject at degree level; and
(II) Recognized Diploma or certificate Course in Translation from Hindi to English and vice-versa or Two years experience of translation work from Hindi to English and vice-versa in Central or State Government Offices including Government of India Undertaking.
- Knowledge at the level of Matriculation of a recognized Board or equivalent of one of the languages other than Hindi mentioned in the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution.
- Degree or Diploma in translation from Hindi to English and vice-versa from a recognized university.
Note I : As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification No. 44 dated 01.03.1995 published in Gazette of India edition dated 08.04.1995, the Degree obtained through open Universities / Distance Education Mode needs to be recognized by Distance Education Council, IGNOU. Accordingly, unless such Degrees had been recognized for the period when the candidates acquired the relevant qualification, they will not be accepted for the purpose of Educational Qualification.
Note II : Candidates who have not acquired but will acquire the educational qualification and acquire documentary evidence from the Board / University in support thereof as on 01.08.2013 will also be eligible.
Note III : All candidates who are called for Interview will be required to produce at the time of interview the relevant certificate in Original such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificate, etc. as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before 01.08.2013 failing which the candidature of such candidate will be cancelled by the Staff Selection Commission.