Statistical Investigator Grade IV Examination Age Concession
4. (C) Age concession for Ex-Serviceman will be allowed in accordance with the orders issued by the Government from time to time and they will be allowed to deduct military service from their actual age and such resultant age should not exceed the prescribed age limit by more than 3 years.
Explanation : An Ex-Serviceman means a person who has served in any rank whether as a combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy, Air Force of the Indian Union and
1. Who retired from such service after earning his / her pension. This would also include persons who are released/retired at their own request but after having earned their pension; or
2. Who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service / circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension; or
3. Who has been released, otherwise than on his own request from such service as a result of reduction in establishment; or
4. Who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagements, otherwise than at his own request or by way of dismissal or discharge – on account of misconduct or inefficiency, and has been given a gratuity; and includes personnel of the Territorial Army of the following categories, namely :
- Pension holders for continuous embodied service
- Persons with disability attributable to military service; and
- Gallantry award winners.
Note – I : Ex-Servicemen who have already joined government job in civil side after availing of the benefits given to ex-servicemen for their re-employment are also eligible for the age concession. However, such candidates will not be eligible for the benefit of reservation as ExS or for fee concession.
Note – II : The period of “Call up Service” of an Ex-Serviceman in the Armed Forces shall also be treated as service rendered in the Armed Forces for purpose of Para-4(C) above.
Note – III : For any serviceman of the three Armed Forces of the Union to be treated as Ex-Serviceman for the purpose of securing the benefits of reservation; he must have already acquired, at the relevant time of submitting his application for the Post / Service, the status of ex-serviceman and / or is in a position to establish his acquired entitlement by documentary evidence from the competent authority that he would complete specified term of engagement from the Armed Forces within the stipulated period of one year from the closing date.
Explanation : The persons serving in the Armed Forces of the Union, who on retirement from service, would come under the category of ‘ex-serviceman’ may be permitted to apply for re-employment one year before the completion of the specified terms of engagements and avail themselves of all concessions available to ex-servicemen but shall not be permitted to leave the uniform until they complete the specified term of engagement in the Armed Forces of the Union.
Note IV : The format of certificates / undertaking to be submitted by the candidates in this connection are given in Annexure IV & V.
Note V : Age concession is not admissible to the sons, daughters and dependents of Ex-Servicemen.
4. (D) The Upper age limit is also relaxable upto 40 years (45 years for SC / ST candidates and 43 years for OBC candidates) to the Departmental candidates / Central Govt. Civilian employees who have rendered not less than 3 years continuous service on regular basis ( and not on ad-hoc basis ) as on _____ and should remain in Central Government till the candidate receives Offer of Appointment from the Office / Department where the candidate gets finally recommended for appointment through the examination.
Note : Central Government Employees holding Statistical Function posts in the participating Ministries shall be treated as Departmental candidates for the purpose of age-relaxation.
4 (E) : Process of Certification and Format of Certificates :
Candidates who wish to be considered against vacancies reserved/to seek age-relaxation, must submit requisite certificate from the competent authority alongwith their application for the examination, otherwise, their claim for SC / ST / OBC / PH / ExS status will not be entertained and their applications will be considered as if same are from General ( UR ) category candidates. The nature & format of certificate is as under :
- Annexure-lll for Central Government Civilian Employees;
- Annexure IV / V for ExS category candidates;
- Annexure VI for SC / ST category candidates;
- Annexure VII for OBC category candidates;
- Annexure VIII for PH category candidates;
- Annexure IX for requisition for engaging Scribe by VH candidates.
Note – I : Candidates are warned that they may be permanently debarred for the examination conducted by the Commission in case candidates fraudulently claim SC / ST / OBC / ExS / PH status.
Note – ll : Important Requirement of Ph Certificate :
According to the Persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Rules, 1996 notified on 31.12.1996 by the Central Government in exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) and (2) of section 73 of the Persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Act, 1995 (1 of 1996), authorities to give disability Certificate will be a Medical Board duly constituted by the Central and the State Government / The Central Government / State government may constitute a Medical Board consisting of at least three members out of which at least one shall be a specialist in the particular field for assessing locomotor / visual including low vision / hearing and speech disability, mental retardation and leprosy cured, as the case may be.
The certificate would be valid for a period of 5 years for those whose disability is temporary. For those who acquired permanent disability, the validity can be shown as permanent.
Note – III : Departmental candidates / Central Govt. Civilian Employees claiming the benefit of age relaxation, would be required to submit a certificate ( as per Annexure-III ) by their office indicating length of service at the time of applying for the examination to enable the Commission to decide their eligibility.
They may send their applications directly to the Commission after intimating to their Head of Office / Department and need not send another copy through proper channel. However, in case they decide to send Application through proper channel, they must ensure that the application complete in all respects should reach Staff Selection Commission by the closing date.
Applications shall be rejected if received late and / or not complete in all respects as provided in the rules. Save as provided above, The Age Limits prescribed above, shall in, no case, be relaxed.