Statistical Investigator and Compiler Grade III Examination Age Limit
3. Nationality / Citizenship :
A candidate must be either :
1. A citizen of India, or
2. A subject of Nepal, or
3. A subject of Bhutan, or
4. A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
5. A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him / her by the Government of India.
4. (A) Age Limit : As on ____
For the post of Statistical Investigators, Grade – III : 18-25 years.
For the post of Compiler : 18-27 years.
4. (B) The Upper age limit as prescribed in Para 4 (A) will be relaxable :
- Upto a maximum of 5 years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe category
- Upto a maximum of 3 years in the case of candidates belonging to OBCs who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates i.e. for the purpose of Reservation and Age relaxation belonging to OBC category, the candidates should not belong to the Creamy Layer’ as defined in Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training (SCT) dated 08.09.1993 and modified vide Government of India Department of Personnel and Training dated 09.03.2004
- Upto a maximum of 10 years in case of candidates belonging to physically handicapped person. For candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC who are physically handicapped, the maximum age relaxation of 10 years permissible for physically handicapped shall be in addition to the age relaxation provided in terms of column (i) and (ii) above;
- Upto the maximum of 5 years to candidates of Jammu and Kashmir who have ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 1.1.1980 to 31.12.1989. (Any person intending to avail of the aforesaid relaxation shall submit the certificate from either District Magistrate within whose jurisdiction he / she had ordinarily resided or any other authority so designated in this behalf by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir to the effect that he had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989);
- Upto a maximum of 35 years (upto 40 years for members of Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes and 38 years for OBC) in the case of widows, porced women and women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not remarried subject to production of copy of the judgement / decree of the appropriate Court to prove the fact of porce or the judicial separation;
- Upto a maximum of three years (8 years for SC / ST and 6 years for OBCs candidates) in the case of Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
- Upper age limit is also relaxable for retrenched employees of Chukha Hydel Project Authority in Bhutan who were directly recruited, to the extent of service rendered by them with the Authority (period of service rendered by the retrenched employees will be decided on the basis of certificate issued by the Chukha Hydel Project Authority).
- As per Supreme Court directions, in case of retrenched Census employees of Central Government engaged during 1981 Census, 1991 Census and 2001 Census, the following concessions will be admissible
Age relaxation by 3 years plus length of service rendered by them in connection with census, before retrenchment weightage of past service.