DSSSB Primary Teacher Exam 2013
Govt. of NCT of Delhi
Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board
FC – 18, Institutional Area, Karkardooma,
Delhi – 110 092.
Notification of Date of Examination for Post Code – 70/09
Superseding all earlier notifications issued by the DSSSB, the Board will hold One-Tier Objective type Examination ( Multiple choice Questions ) of two hours duration for the following post code, on the date shown against each, as per New Examination Scheme approved by the Govt. and as per examination schedule given here under. The detailed scheme of examination, test components, syllabus and general instructions for candidates in respect of these post codes are available at the official website of DSSSB i.e. www.dsssb.delhigovt.nic.in. Each question will carry one mark. There will be negative marking and 0.25 mark shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
It is also notified that there is no provision of re-evaluation of Answer Sheets / Answer Scripts in the examination conducted by DSSSB.
DSSSB Primary Teacher Examination Schedule 2013
|Date & Day of Examination||Time of Exam||Post Code||Name of the Post||Name of Department|
|29.12.2013 ( Sunday )||10.30 AM to 12.30 PM||70/09||Teacher ( Primary )||MCD|
- DSSSB Primary Teacher e-Admit cards for post code 70/09 are being uploaded on the website of DSSSB i.e.www.dsssb.delhigovt.nic.in. The eligible candidates may download their e-Admit cards from the official website of the Board w.e.f. 16.12.2013 ( 10.00 AM ) to 28.12.2013 till 11:59 P.M. A list of eligible candidates, have been uploaded on the website vide notice dated 03.12.2013.
- Detailed instructions to download e-admit cards are given on the official website of the Board. The candidates should read the instructions carefully before downloading the same. In case any discrepancy is noticed or any correction is required in the e-admit card, candidate may inform through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org upto 24.12.2013 till 5.00 PM. No representation will be entertained afterwards. Any Updation / corrigendum with regard to above mentioned exam will be displayed on the website of the DSSSB.
Scheme of DSSSB Primary Teacher Examination 2014
For Post Codes : 70/09
|One-Tier Exam||Objective Type||2 Hours||200 Marks|
Test Components : ( Objective Type )
For Post Codes : 70/09
|Section||Test Components||Duration : 2 hours|
|No. of Questions||Marks|
|A.||1. Test of General Awareness. |
2. General Intelligence and reasoning ability
3. Arithmetical and Numerical Ability.
4. Test of Hindi Language & Comprehension.
5. Test of English Language & Comprehension.
|B.||Objective type multiple choice questions on the subject concerned as per the qualification prescribed for the post.||100||100|
C. DSSSB Primary Teacher Syllabus 2013 :
- General Awareness : Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s General Awareness of the environment around him / her and its application to society. The questions will be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matter of everyday observation as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to History, Polity, Constitution, Sports, Art & Culture, Geography, Economics, Everyday Science, Scientific Research, National / International Organizations / Institutions etc.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning Ability : The syllabus of General Intelligence includes questions of both verbal and non-verbal types. Test may include questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship, concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series etc.
- Arithmetical and Numerical Ability : The test of Arithmetical and Numerical Abilities will cover Number Systems including questions on Simplification, Decimals, Fractions, L.C.M., H.C.F., Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Average, Profit & Loss, Discount, Simple & Compound Interest, Mensuration, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Tables & Graphs, etc. of 10th level.
- iv Paper & v : Hindi Language & Comprehension and English Language & Comprehension : In addition to the testing of candidate’s understanding and comprehension of the English & Hindi Languages, questions on its Vocabulary, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms and its correct usage etc.
General Instructions for candidates
1. Reporting time for the candidates at the DSSSB Primary Teacher examination centre 2013 on the day of examination is between 09:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M. The examination will commence at 10.30 A.M. sharp. Entry to the Examination Centre will be closed at 10:00 A.M for candidates. No candidate will be allowed to enter the Examination Centre after 10:00 A.M. under any circumstances.
2. The duration of DSSSB Primary Teacher examination is of 2 hours from 10.30 am to 12.30 pm. There will be 200 multiple choice questions carrying one mark each ( see Scheme of Examination for details ).
3. There will be negative marking for wrong answers. 0.25 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
4. The eligible candidates may download their e-admit Card from the official website of the DSSSB i.e. www.dsssb.delhigovt.nic.in w.e.f. 16.12.2013 ( 10.00 am ) to 28.12.2013 till 11:59 P.M.
5. Detailed instructions to download e-admit cards are available on official website of the Board. The candidates should read the instructions carefully before downloading the same. In case any discrepancy is noticed or any correction is required in the e-admit
card, candidate may inform through e-mail at email@example.com upto 24.12.2013 till 5.00 pm. No representation will be entertained afterwards. A list of eligible candidates, have been uploaded on the website vide notice dated 03.12.2013.
6. The e-Admit cards are being issued purely on the basis of information furnished by the candidate in his / her application. The DSSSB has not verified / scrutinized this information and therefore, mere appearance at the examination does not, in any way, entitle him / her to claim for the post.
7. The candidature will be treated as invalid, ab-initio, in case he / she does not fulfill the eligibility criteria. Candidate should satisfy himself / herself regarding the possession of the required qualifications, age, caste etc. as stipulated for the post he / she has applied for, as on cutoff date, before appearing in the examination.
8. The OMR Answer Sheet will be taken back after completion of the exam by the Invigilator immediately. However, the candidates are allowed to take back home the question booklet after the completion of exam. Candidate, is no way, shall be allowed to leave exam centre before expiry of 2 hours.
9. The questions will be bilingual i.e. in Hindi & in English, wherever applicable, except for the test of language section of the paper.
10. The Board reserves the right to reject the candidature of any ineligible candidate at any stage of recruitment. Further, candidature of any candidate is purely provisional, at every stage until he is offered appointment by the concerned Department to which the post belongs.
11. Special Instructions to ( A-I ) Physically Handicapped & ( A-II ) Visually Handicapped Candidates i.e. Blind ( VH ) & Partially Blind Candidates ( VI ).
A – I.Special Instructions to Physically Handicapped Candidates
Physically Handicapped ( PH ) candidates in upper extremities including orthopedic disabilities which affect the motor and coordination skills, dyslexic and cerebral palsy persons ( hereinafter referred to as PH candidates ) who are unable to write themselves ( with Physical disabilities not less than 40% ) can avail the assistance of a scribe for writing replies on their behalf.
A – II. Special Instructions to Visually Handicapped Candidates i.e. Blind ( VH ) & Partially Blind Candidates ( VI ).
- If any blind ( VH ) or Partially blind ( VI ) candidate downloads the admit card indicating any category other than VH or VI, as the case may be, the candidate should approach to the Board for correction of category in the e-admit card on the above mentioned dates.
- Visually Handicapped ( VH ) candidates ( including Blind and partially blind persons ) with visual disabilities not less than 40% can avail the assistance of a scribe for writing answers on their behalf.
12. Common Instructions to Physically Handicapped & Visually Handicapped Candidates i.e. Blind ( VH ) & Partially Blind Candidates ( VI ).
- For allowing the scribe, the candidates will submit disability certificate ( wherein type of disability and its percentage is mentioned ) from competent medical board and should have opted for the same in the requisite column of the application form.
- If any VH / PH / VI candidate downloads the e-admit card indicating any category other than VH / PH / VI. In case any discrepancy is noticed or any correction is required in the e-admit card, candidate may inform through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org upto 19.8.2013. No representation will be entertained afterwards. A list of eligible candidates, have been uploaded on the website vide notice dated 03.08.2013. VH / PH / VI candidates will have to bring their own scribe ( writer ) but the educational qualification of the scribe should be one level below the educational qualification prescribed for the post applied for. The educational minimum qualification certificate produced by the scribe should not have been issued prior to one year of the date of examination.
- A prescribed Proforma “Declaration of the Scribe ( Writer )” & “Declaration by the VH / PH candidates” is already uploaded on the website for the Visually & Physically Handicapped. The candidate can download it from the official website of the board at
- The declaration of the scribe and the declaration of the VH / PH Candidate, duly attested by a Gazetted officer, shall be verified / countersigned by a designated officer of the Board on the day of Exam. at the exam centre.
- The VH / PH candidate is required to bring his own original Disability Certificate issued by competent Medical Board along with above mentioned declarations and the following documents of the Scribe at the office of the Board on the dates & time mentioned above for correction in e-admit cards i.e.
(i) Attested copy of Identification Proof.
(ii) Attested copies of Educational Qualification and
(iii) Two recent passport size colored photographs duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- The declaration of the scribe and the declaration of the VH / PH, duly attested by a Gazetted officer, shall be verified / countersigned by a designated officer of the board at the examination centre itself. These candidates should come to the examination centre at least one hour before the normal reporting time for the purpose of verification of all such document. The candidates are not required to come to the office of the Board for verification purpose.
- 40 minutes extra shall be given in addition to the normal time allowed of 2 hours to all the VH / PH / VI candidates only with permission to use the facility of scribe duly verified by DSSSB / Centre Superintendent.
13. The candidature of the candidate to the DSSSB Primary Teacher written examination 2013 is entirely provisional and subject to the outcome of any direction / decision / order / pronouncement of any Court of Law and mere issue of e-admit Card or appearance at Examination does not entitle him / her to any claim for the post.
N.B. : Candidates are strictly advised not to bring mobile phones / cellular phones, books, notes, electronic watches with facility of calculation, calculators, and pagers or any other communication device, bags etc. inside the Center premises. In case any candidate is found to possess the same, he / she will be debarred from the examination and legal proceedings will be initiated.