SSC – Combined Higher Secondary Level ( Combined Matric Level ) Examination 2012 Vacancy Details
Combined Higher Secondary Level ( 10+2 ) Examination 2012
Last Date of Receipt of SSC CHSL Application : 10.08.2012
Date of SSC Examination ( CHSL ) : 21.10.2012 & 28.10.2012
Staff Selection Commission’s Website : http://ssc.nic.in.
1. Staff Selection Commission will hold on Sundays, the Twenty First and Twenty Eighth of October, 2012 ( 21.10.2012 & 28.10.2012 ), an All India open competitive examination for SSC recruitment to the Group “C” posts of Data Entry Operator in Pay Band-1, Grade Pay 2400 & 1900 and Lower Division Clerk in Pay Band-1, Grade Pay 1900 in various Central Government Ministries / Departments / Offices.
The Staff Selection Commission reserves the right to fill up analogous SSC posts such as Store Clerks in Ministries / Organizations under the Government through SSC Data Entry Operator examination.
The Staff Selection Commission also reserves the right to hold the SSC DEO examination in additional batches, depending upon the number of candidates in each State / UT.
2. SSC DEO Vacancies / Reservation
SSC Data Entry Operator Vacancies in the post of Data Entry Operator & Lower Division Clerk will be determined in due course.
Note-I : Reservation for SC / ST / OBC / ExS / PH etc. categories is available as per extant Govt. Orders.
Note II : All the Staff Selection Commission posts carry All India Service Liability ( AISL ) i.e. the candidate, on selection, may be asked to serve anywhere in the country.
Note-III : One Leg Affected ( OL ), Both Leg Affected ( BL ), Partially Deaf ( PD ) and Low Vision ( LV ) are eligible for the post of Data Entry Operator.
Note-IV : One Arm ( OA ), One Leg ( OL ), Both Legs ( BL ), Partially Deaf ( PD ), Deaf ( D ), Partially Blind ( PB ), Blind ( B ) are eligible for the SSC post of Lower Division Clerk as per extant Government Policy in Force.
3. Nationality / Citizenship :
A candidate must be either :
- A citizen of India, ( or )
- A subject of Nepal, ( or )
- A subject of Bhutan, ( or )
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, ( or )
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania ( Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Staff Selection Commission DEO examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.