SSC CHSL ( Combined Matric Level ) Examination 2017 Application Form – CHSL Exam Date | CHSL Exam Vacancies | CHSL Exam Age Limit | CHSL Exam Age Relaxation | CHSL Exam Qualification | CHSL Exam Selection | CHSL Exam Scheme | CHSL Exam Centres | CHSL Exam Syllabus
|Due to administrative reasons the CHSL 2016 Tier-I CBE at Edusurge, Imphal has been rescheduled to be conducted from 15th January, 2017 to 1st February, 2017. Exam dates from 2nd February to 8th February, 2017 are cancelled. Candidate are advised to check Revised Valid List and download fresh admit cards for the new dates.|
Staff Selection Commission Combined Matric Level Exam has replaced to SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Exam for the recruitment to the post of Postal Assistants / Sorting Assistants, Lower Division Clerks and Data Entry Operators.
Staff Selection Commission CHSL applications 2017 must be submitted only in the prescribed format ( Annexure I ) Online or by Post. Detailed instructions as in Annexure II A or Annexure II B, may be referred to for postal applications and online applications respectively.
Preference : Candidates will be required to indicate in the application form for the SSC CHSL Examination, the order of preference for the posts of Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant, Data Entry Operator and Lower Division Clerk as under :
P : Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant in Grade Pay 2400/- for Department of Posts
D : Data Entry Operator in Grade Pay of 2400/-
E : Data Entry Operator in Grade Pay of 1900/-
L : Lower Division Clerk in Grade Pay of 1900/-
Candidates without option for posts will not be considered for selection irrespective of their merit position.
Preference for ministry / department / office will be taken from the candidates qualified for Skill Test / Typing test at the time of Skill Test / Typing test.
Admission to the Examination : All candidates who apply in response to SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level advertisement 2016 by the closing date will be assigned Roll numbers which will be placed on the SSC website of the concerned Regional Office at least two weeks before the date of the SSC CHSL examination. A candidate must write his / her Roll number along with his / her name, date of birth and name of the examination for SSC CHSL while addressing any communication to the Staff Selection Commission. Communication from the candidate not furnishing these particulars shall not be entertained.
Admission Certificates ( ACs ) for the SSC Examination indicating the time table and also venues of examination for SSC CHSL will be issued to all applicants about two weeks before the date of SSC examination. If any candidate does not receive admission certificate for the SSC examination one week before the date of examination, He / She must immediately contact the concerned Regional / Sub Regional office of the Staff Selection Commission with proof of having submitted his / her SSC application. ( In case of Applications for SSC submitted under Certificate of Posting, the Date-Stamp of the Post-Office concerned should be clearly legible ).
Failure to do so will deprive him / her of any claim for consideration. Candidates also have the option to download the admission certificates from the website of concerned Regional / Sub Regional offices. Such facility will be available about two weeks before the SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination.
Candidates who applied Online but are unable to download their Admission Certificates or do not receive their Admission Certificates at least one week before the date of the SSC Combined Higher Secondary Examination should contact the concerned Regional Office with details such as Registration ID, Transaction ID of SBI Challan / Net banking / credit and debit cards, copy of challan, etc. for obtaining the Admission Certificates. Details of deficiency in application, if any, may also be placed on the Staff Selection Commission’s website ( http://ssc.nic.in ) about two weeks before the examination.
The photographs used by the candidates must be a recent, relaxed face, and the picture should be in colour, against a light-coloured, preferably white, background. If flash is used then ensure that there is no red-eye and, in case of glasses, your eyes should be visible. The face should not cover less than 80 % of the entire photo. Photograph should be of 8 bit JPG format and its size should be between 4kb to 12 kb with resolution of 100×120 ( pixels ).
It is compulsory to carry a Photo ID such as Voter’s ID, Driving License, ID Cards issued by Government or other Offices where the candidates may be working. Candidates without such ID cards will not be allowed entry into the examination halls / Skill Test venues.
Candidates should bring 3 passport size photographs for affixing it in the Commission’s copy of Admission Certificate in the presence of Invigilator, if required. Candidates not carrying photographs will not be allowed to appear in the examination. Candidate are advised to keep 10 copies of the same photograph, which was uploaded / affixed in the application form, with them till the completion of entire examination process to facilitate easy identification.
General Instructions to be Complied by the Candidates in the CHSL Written Examination 2017 :
Candidates must write the papers / indicate the answers in their own hand.
In the question papers, wherever necessary, the Metric systems of weights and measures only will be used.
Use of mobile phone, calculator and other electronic gadgets and their accessories is not permitted. Therefore, these should not, be brought inside the SSC Examination Premises / Venue.
Candidature of any candidate found to possess mobile phones or any other means of wireless communication or related accessories either in working or switched off mode, shall be cancelled forthwith. This will also invite further penal action as per the policy of the Staff Selection Commission.
The Candidates are advised to desist from use of any unfair method in the examination hall which will render them ineligible for further consideration for the examination and also lead to their debarment from Staff Selection Commission’s examinations in future besides inviting criminal prosecution.
OMR Type of Answer Sheets will be supplied by the Commission for recording their answer of multiple choice objective type questions. OMR sheet to be filled in Dark Blue / Black Ball point pen only.
Candidates should write his / her name, Roll Number and Test Form Number correctly, in the relevant places in OMR Answer Sheet and also affix signature and Left Hand Thumb Impression on space provided for the purpose. Answer Sheet not bearing candidate’s Name, Roll Number, Test Form No, signature and left thumb impression or in which such details have not been properly shaded will not be evaluated.
If any candidate belonging to visually handicapped ( VH ) category does not write and shade the category code properly, they will be treated as not belonging to VH category.
Important Instructions to Candidates for CHSL Exam 2017 :
- Closing Date for Submission of CHSL Application 2017 : -. For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad and applying offline – ___________. CHSL Applications received late will be rejected and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. Staff Selection Commission will not be responsible for postal delay. For those candidates who submit application online, part I registration will close at 5:00 PM on -. Part II registration on -.
- Only a single application will be entertained. In case of multiple online applications for CHSL, the last completed application will be accepted. In the case of multiple offline applications, the concerned regional office will accept any one of the applications for SSC CHSL at its discretion.
- The Staff Selection Commission encourages candidates to apply online. Submission of online application avoids data discrepancies, non / wrong delivery of admit cards etc, as admit card can be downloaded from the website of the commission. Such candidates should retain their registration number assigned to them online for correspondence with the commission. They should not submit print outs of their application to the SSC commission.
- Candidates should bring 3 passport size colour photographs. Candidates not carrying photographs may not be allowed to appear in the CHSL written examination.
- The SSC Commission will not undertake detailed scrutiny of applications for eligibility and other aspects at the time of written examination and, therefore, the candidature is accepted only provisionally. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible before applying. Copies of supporting documents will be sought only from those candidates who qualify for the Skill Test. At the time of scrutiny if any claim in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature will be cancelled. The SSC Commission’s decision shall be final.
- Only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation / Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate available on the date of submission of application will be accepted as proof of date of birth.
- Preference for ministry / department / office will be taken from the candidates qualified for skill test / typing test at the time of skill test / typing test. At that time the data provided in the SSC application will be verified and the data so verified will be treated as final. No further changes will be allowed.
- Central Government civilian employees claiming age relaxation should be in possession of a certificate in the prescribed format from their office in respect of the length of continuous service which should be not less than three years in the immediate period preceding the closing date for receipt of CHSL application. They should continue to have the status of Central Government civilian employees from the Date of application till the time of appointment, in the event of their selection.
- All the posts carry All India Service Liability ( AISL ) i.e. the candidate, on selection, may be asked to serve anywhere in the country.
- Mobiles including earphones and connected cords and other electronic gadgets are banned within the premises of the examination centres. Possession of such equipment whether in use or in switched off mode, during the examination will be considered as use of unfair means. Candidature of such candidates will be cancelled. They will be liable for further action including initiation of criminal proceedings and debarment from Staff Selection Commission’s examination upto 3 ( three ) years.
Download E-Admit Card for SSC CHSL Exam 2017 from the SSC Regional / Sub-regional websites :
|State / UT||Region / Sub Region||Web Portal|
|Rajasthan, Delhi, Uttarakhand||North Regionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Maharashtra, Gujrat,Goa||Western Regionemail@example.com|
|Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh||MP Sub-Regionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|West Bengal, Orrisa, Jharkhand, A&N Island, Sikkim||Eastern Regionemail@example.com|
|Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura, Nagaland, Mizoram||North Eastern Regionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Andhra Pradesh, Punduchery, Tamilnadu||Southern Regionemail@example.com|
|Karnataka, Kerala||KKR firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Haryana, Punjab, J&K, Himachal Pradesh||North Western Sub-Regionemail@example.com
|Uttar Pradesh & Bihar||Central Regionfirstname.lastname@example.org|