SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam 2014 Physical Standards
10. Required Physical Standards for Different SSC Combined Graduate Level Posts :
10 (A) : For the SSC Post of Inspector ( Central Excise / Examiner / Preventive Officer / Inspector & Sub – Inspector in CBN ).
SSC Physical Standard for Male Candidates
i) Physical Standards
|Height 157.5 cms.|
Chest 81 cms. ( fully expanded with a minimum expanses of 5 cms. )
|Height relaxable by 5 cms. In the case of Garwalis, Assamese, Gorkhas and members of Scheduled Tribes.|
ii) SSC Physical Test :
- Walking : 1600 metres in 15 minutes.
- Cycling : 8 Kms. In 30 minutes.
SSC Physical Standard for Female Candidates
i) Physical standards ( Minimum )
|Height 152 cms.|
Weight 48 Kgs.
|Height relaxable by 2.5 cms. Weight by 2 Kgs. for Gorkhas, Garwalis, Assamese and Members of Scheduled Tribes.|
ii) Physical Test
- Walking : 1 Km. in 20 minutes.
- Cycling : 3 Kms. in 25 minutes.
Note : For the post of Inspector Central Excise, Examiner and Preventive Officer, the following addendum is issued with reference to CBEC’s letter No. C-18013/23/2013-Ad II B dated 20.11.2013. Persons with disabilities will have to meet the physical standards i.e. Height, Chest and Weight prescribed for the post of Inspectors, Central Excise, Examiner and Preventive Officer in CBEC. However, for orthopedically disabled candidates the following relaxation in Physical Test is allowed :
- The test of “walking” shall not be insisted in case of OL and OAL categories.
- The test of “Cycling” shall not be insisted in case of OA, OL and OAL categories.
10. (B) For The Post of Sub-Inspector in C.B.I.
- For men – 165 cms.
- For women – 150 cms.
Height relaxable for Hillsmen and Tribals : 5 cms.
b) Chest : 76 cms. with expansion ( There shall be no such requirement in case of female candidates ).
c) Vision :
- Eye-sight ( with or without glasses )
- Distant vision : 6/6 in one and 6/9 in the other eye.
- Near vision 0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in other eye.
Note : Candidates are advised to make sure before opting for any category of post that they fulfill the requirements for that category.
The physical measurements ( including vision test ) for candidates will be conducted by the concerned Indenting Departments and only those candidates who fulfill the specified physical measurements will be eligible for the respective posts.
No request from candidates for allotting to any other service / category of post will be entertained by the Staff Selection Commission if the nominated candidates fail to meet the physical requirements.
Thus, the Onus for fulfilling the eligibility criteria will exclusively be on the candidates opting for such SSC posts.