SSC Central Police Organisations Constable ( GD ) Exam 2015 Syllabus
The syllabus for the Written Examination will be :
1. General Intelligence & Reasoning : Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be tested through questions principally of non-verbal type. General Intelligence & Reasoning component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, etc.
2. General Knowledge and General Awareness : Questions in General Knowledge and General Awareness component will be aimed at testing the candidates general awareness of the environment around him. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, scientific Research etc. These Questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
3. Elementary Mathematics : Elementary Mathematics paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
4. English / Hindi : Candidates’ ability to understand basic English / Hindi, his basic comprehension would be tested. The questions in all the above components will be of matriculation level.
Note 1 : Candidates are not permitted to use Mobile Phone, Calculators or any other electronic / electrical device. Candidates, therefore, must not bring mobile phone, calculators or any other electronic / electrical device inside the examination premises. Possession of these items, whether in use or not, will be considered as “use of unfair means” in the examination and appropriate action will be taken by the Staff Selection Commission against such candidates, as per extant policy of the Staff Selection Commission.
Note 2 : The Staff Selection Commission will not take cognizance of representations regarding the question paper of SSC CPO Constable Written Examination 2015, received later than ten days after placement of answer keys on the SSC website.
Note 3 : The date of SSC CPO Constable written examination is subject to change, in which event the new date will be notified through Newspapers, Staff Selection Commission’s websites and Admission Certificates for the SSC Central Police Force examination.
Note 4 : Detailed instructions along with specimen OMR sheet are available on the Staff Selection Commission’s website, http://ssc.nic.inabout the manner in which OMR answer sheets are to be marked.
III. SSC CPO Constable GD 2015 Medical Examination :
a. Eye Sight :
|Visual Acuity Unaided||Uncorrected Visual Acuity||Refraction||Color Vision||Remarks|
|( Near Vision )||( Distant vision )|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
|N6||N9||6 / 6||6 / 9||Visual correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses.||CP - II by Isihara||In right handed person, the right eye is better eye and vice versa. Binocular vision is required.|
- The candidates must not have knock Knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes. They must be in good mental and physical health for duties in all places including in high altitude and be fit to serve in border areas with extreme climatic conditions and must be free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
- Only those candidates who have scored above the cut off marks fixed by the Staff Selection Commission in written examination will be required to appear in the medical examination. The Staff Selection Commission shall have the discretion to fix different qualifying standards for candidates belonging to different categories in different states / UTs, taking into consideration vacancies alloted to each State / UT.
- The selected candidates will be medically examined by the medical boards constituted by the CAPFs to asses their physical and medical fitness as prescribed in the eligibility conditions. “Those who do not produce domicile certificate will not be allowed to appear for medical examination.
- Medical Test ( X-Ray & laboratory ) shall be conducted only for such candidates who are found fit after passing through all the level of tests.
- In case of medical examination, “temporary unfitness” will not be allowed. However any female candidate who during the medical examination is found to be pregnant of twelve weeks standing or above, she shall be declared temporarily unfit and her medical examination held in abeyance until the confinement is over.
- Candidates declared unfit may file an appeal / representation to the designated authority in the CAPFs within 15 days of declaring him / her unfit by the medical board.
- Testimonials of the candidates will be checked at the medical examination stage.
9. General Instructions to be complied with by the candidates in the SSC Constable GD 2015 offline examinations
- Candidates must write the papers / indicate the answers in their own hand.
- In the question papers, wherever necessary, the Metric systems of weights and measures only will be used.
- Candidates are not permitted to use calculators and other electronic gadgets except as specified in the Notice. They should not, therefore, bring the same inside the CPO Examination Premises / Venue.
- If any candidate is found to possess mobile phones or any other means of wireless communication in the working or switched off mode in the SSC CPO Constable examination hall, his / her candidature shall be cancelled forthwith.
- OMR Type of answer sheets will be supplied by the Staff Selection Commission to candidates for recording their answers of Multiple Choice Objective type questions in offline examination. Candidates are advised to read very carefully, the following instructions, in their own interest.
- Part A of OMR answer sheet to be filled in with Ball Point Pen ( Black / Blue ) only.
- Part B of OMR answer sheet should be filled in with ball point pen ( Black / Blue ) only, as per instructions given in OMR answer sheet.
- Candidate should write and code his / her name, Roll Number, Name of the Examination as mentioned in Admission Certificate, Date of birth and Test Form Number correctly, in the relevant places, in OMR answer sheet. They are also requested to affix their signature and left thumb impression in the boxes earmarked for the purpose. Answer Sheet not bearing candidates Name, Roll Number, Test Form Number, signature or which do not have such details fully and correctly coded will not be evaluated. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained by the Staff Selection Commission.
9.a. For online examination for SSC Constable GD 2015, instructions on the computer screen may be followed.